LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Chelsea v Man City going ahead?

AFAIK
  • LeonidasJB
    22133 posts Club Captain
    Chelsea v Man City going ahead?

AFAIK

Quite surprising considering. Assumed it will be called off.
  • LeonidasJB
    22133 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2021
    Well taken from Gundo.
    Turned on, and City playing like they have nobody missing.

Blimey! Made it look so easy! Chelsea really have gone to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ these last few weeks!
  • mjs4p
    12305 posts Has That Special Something
    Fraudy Frank. Almost time to pay respects.
  • Badminton has always been my favourite sport anyway.
  • LeonidasJB
    22133 posts Club Captain
    mjs4p wrote: »

A fraud is a manager that has achieved lots by luck and is now being found out.
    Frank is still a learning manager, and is yet to achieve something.
    Hopefully Chelsea give him at least this season to show progress and character, and with any luck stick with him.
  • Tornado31619
    32776 posts National Team Captain
    Yeah I’d like them to keep him as well, free six points
  • LeonidasJB
    22133 posts Club Captain
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Badminton has always been my favourite sport anyway.

🤣🤣
  • LeonidasJB
    22133 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2021
    Yeah I’d like them to keep him as well, free six points

For you lot?
    Had a lucky run, getting all Billy big ❤️❤️❤️❤️ again. :trollface:
  • Tornado31619
    32776 posts National Team Captain
    Trippier’s had his ban suspended
  • oh no Lampard is gonna be so MAD AT THE LADS at half-time!!!
  • Färjestad
    3542 posts National Call-Up
    How is that a red on Tonali?!
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    City have been really good today. Just unlucky for Chelsea that all 3 goals came from small errors that City punished. Chelsea were playing quite well up to the first goal.

Easy to say in hindsight but I find some of Chelsea’s summer signings really strange, given who they already had at the club.
  • mjs4p
    12305 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah, I don’t think you can draw many conclusions about Chelsea from today alone. City are a top side when they decide to turn up. What would concern me is the fantasy football transfer policy combined with some concerning in game management decisions in other fixtures so far this season.
  • Finesse_4days
    17845 posts World Class
    edited January 2021

Hopefully Chelsea give him at least this season to show progress and character, and with any luck stick with him.

That's not how the football business works and rightly so, no room for sentiment in football ownership managers not doing good enough you get rid before they do more damage. Lampard just like Southgate is a lower end championship manager that got the job for reasons other than their football management ability. He's not terrible but he's not a good enough manager for Chelsea, he was just about good enough for us (Derby) and I could see tactically at championship level he was inept at times he's a school boy compared to the likes of Klopp and Mouriniho.
  • The defense is shocking, veteran Azpi at right back and Thiago Silva ain't it. And the Sarr signing situation is another lel
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year

Take off those blue blinders mate :trollface:
  • holdenwait wrote: »
    The defense is shocking, veteran Azpi at right back and Thiago Silva ain't it. And the Sarr signing situation is another lel

Silva has actually been one of our better players. Also if you bothered to watch us you’d realise Azpi is not a starter anymore and is playing due to injuries and fitness issues.

I mean sure slate us as we deserve it but do it with some knowledge :joy:
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2021
    holdenwait wrote: »
    The defense is shocking, veteran Azpi at right back and Thiago Silva ain't it. And the Sarr signing situation is another lel

To be fair, Thiago has looked really good so far this season. He’s had a bad few moments today though. He’s playing today how I would expect a 36 yr old defender to play haha

Think a big problem that Chelsea has is that none of Mendy, Zouma and Thiago are particularly good ball players, so Kante or Kovacic need to drop alongside them to get the ball moving. This is letting City push up a lot easier on the press.

Maybe this is too much detail for online footy discussion :D . Frank sucks boys mirite.
  • hoban95 wrote: »

Silva has actually been one of our better players. Also if you bothered to watch us you’d realise Azpi is not a starter anymore and is playing due to injuries and fitness issues.

Ok mate, your defensive line up is totally awesome quality and depth wise. :D
  • holdenwait wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »

Ok mate, your defensive line up is totally awesome quality and depth wise. :D

I never said that. So that’s another thing you didn’t bother paying attention to.
  • Färjestad
    3542 posts National Call-Up
    Wow Leao
  • Alemas_2012
    24548 posts Club Captain
    I don't get where the "Fat Frank" thing comes from.
    He doesn't look particularly out of shape. :D
  • I don't get where the "Fat Frank" thing comes from.
    He doesn't look particularly out of shape. :D

West Ham fans called him it for years while he was playing.