YOU JUST LOST A CUSTOMER - Icon Swaps cap

I'm through, EA.

FIFA, Madden, Battlefield, all of it.

You intentionally installed a cap for games for the Icon Swaps matches because the community banded together to HELP EACH OTHER get Icon Swaps in order to reduce toxicity and a terrible grind in a Friendlies mode. Instead of saluting the community spirit, you crushed everyone like The Emperor from Star Wars and that's the last straw really. There was no need for you to do that, and it's utterly ridiculous. You already ruined League SBCs so yeah... so now you lost all of my business forever for any game you make.

I hope it was worth it!

Comments

• Boommaametw3
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    You can't 14 in 60?
  • padr81
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️, people exploited the system to get their shiny new cards unfairly and quicker than they should. Its like no one learned from the goal sharing with Politano last year.... if you bend or exploit the requirements EA will make sure it doesn't happen the next time.
  • Rich
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was out ages ago, just here to see more of the fallout
  • monsieurdl
    10 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 1
    padr81 wrote: »
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️, people exploited the system to get their shiny new cards unfairly and quicker than they should. Its like no one learned from the goal sharing with Politano last year.... if you bend or exploit the requirements EA will make sure it doesn't happen the next time.

Exploited? LMAO

Now the courts are saying it is wrong for selling FIFA points and get ready for the FIFA Points to go away. Save your hearts for that day when the FIFA Points go bye bye
  • Hammer316
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    You can't 14 in 60?

I think some people are raging because they think the whole thing is capped at 60 games. You have to win one in 4 games for 2 objectives. Not too bad although I bet some will still get screwed.
  • Hammer316 wrote: »
    You can't 14 in 60?

I think some people are raging because they think the whole thing is capped at 60 games. You have to win one in 4 games for 2 objectives. Not too bad although I bet some will still get screwed.

They literally changed the rules in the middle of the game and not in the beginning. They already ruined League SBCs by making them UT! That's spiteful and vindictive.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    You can still quit at 1 down if you want, what's the issue?
  • padr81
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    monsieurdl wrote: »

Exploited? LMAO

EA has exploited people with their microtransactions for YEARS now... and now the courts are saying it is wrong and get ready for the FIFA Points to go away. Save your hearts for that day when the FIFA Points go bye bye

I completely agree on the microtransactions . I can't wait for fifa points to go, I'm hopeful it'll be soon too. That though has nothing to do with people completing their icon swaps in less than a day.

People saw last season that if you exploit the objective, EA are going to make sure it doesn't happen a 2nd time (see Politano and the goal swapping). People cheesed and exploited the requirements for Icon Swaps 1, you don't have to like it but its true, so EA responded by preventing people quitting on first goal by sticking a ton of them in Squad Battles and adding other objectives.

This is a case of the community reaping what it sews. Do you think this would have happened if people played out the matches in Icon Swaps 1 instead of cheesing them?
  • Kennyy
    6445 posts Big Money Move
    60 games for 2 tokens

Did anyone here need that many for two tokens last time?
  • Ecua10
    184 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s not so bad I finished the England nation. And 2/7 for Brazil right now so got 50 matches left
  • Pieman25 wrote: »

There is a cap on number of games played in Friendlies mid game. There is no other justifiable reason to cap FRIENDLIES unless you are punishing us. Rivals and Squad Battles I get because players are ranked for rewards... but THIS and mid game? No.
  • MurkingFools
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »

the issue is its going to take donkeys years and most games will now be played all out rather than golden goal

ea just cant stand to give anything to the community, the swaps are all craap too anyway
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Pieman25 wrote: »

There is a cap on number of games played in Friendlies mid game. There is no other justifiable reason to cap FRIENDLIES unless you are punishing us. Rivals and Squad Battles I get because players are ranked for rewards... but THIS and mid game? No.

You're going to go behind in 47 games out of 60?
  • padr81 wrote: »

Exploited? LMAO

EA has exploited people with their microtransactions for YEARS now... and now the courts are saying it is wrong and get ready for the FIFA Points to go away. Save your hearts for that day when the FIFA Points go bye bye

I completely agree on the microtransactions . I can't wait for fifa points to go, I'm hopeful it'll be soon too. That though has nothing to do with people completing their icon swaps in less than a day.

People saw last season that if you exploit the objective, EA are going to make sure it doesn't happen a 2nd time (see Politano and the goal swapping). People cheesed and exploited the requirements for Icon Swaps 1, you don't have to like it but its true, so EA responded by preventing people quitting on first goal by sticking a ton of them in Squad Battles and adding other objectives.

This is a case of the community reaping what it sews. Do you think this would have happened if people played out the matches in Icon Swaps 1 instead of cheesing them?

It's done. I'm done.

I have been playing EA Sports games for THIRTY YEARS.

I've never seen it this bad.
  • qzlp1012
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA teach you how to play
  • Kennyy
    6445 posts Big Money Move

Exploited? LMAO

It's done. I'm done.

Never seen the whining this bad
  • Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    I just can’t believe they put one as a WL objective. Like ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off I don’t even play WL because it was already too try hard. Now I gotta win 18
  • Fab
    19632 posts Club Captain
    Live footage over at EA HQ

tenor.gif
  • NooBish AbbZ
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JV24601 wrote: »
    I’m gonna do mine as quick as possible then carry on playing to give others wins

Not all heroes wear capes :)
  • Lcfc
    2818 posts National Call-Up

Exploited? LMAO

It's done. I'm done.

Same I’m done
  • Lcfc wrote: »

Exploited? LMAO

It's done. I'm done.

Same I’m done

The drama in here is on another level :joy:
  • golazo
    1985 posts Fans' Favourite
    You can't 14 in 60?

It’s not the number of wins in 60. It’s the principle more than anything. EA could’ve jus let this be. How about EA worries about real in game issues that have been goin on for years instead of this.
  • Futfanatic
    15861 posts World Class
    Needed 16 games to win 14 big woop people stil do golden goal
  • Futfanatic
    15861 posts World Class
    I swear biggest drama queens are on this forum.
  • Inutiles FC
    462 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA wants you to quit you job and play fifa
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rich wrote: »
    I was out ages ago, just here to see more of the fallout

I quit a while ago too. I just come on here to watch the tragic addicts continue to get screwed by EA from every angle and continue moaning and playing. Sadly that's what I was a couple of months ago. The full on deniers are the worst. At least most people are aware what a bad experience it is all round.

To the OP. You will be very glad if you quit a month or so down the line. Congrats.
  • golazo
    1985 posts Fans' Favourite
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    I swear biggest drama queens are on this forum.

Everyone has their own opinions and views. No need at all to call out people. Bro think outside the box instead of jus trying to call people names by degrading them. Smh.
  • nickmack
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 1
    golazo wrote: »

It’s not the number of wins in 60. It’s the principle more than anything. EA could’ve jus let this be. How about EA worries about real in game issues that have been goin on for years instead of this.

Exactly, I guess this is what grates many players. I don't really care about the limit, I'll still get all the tokens and we all knew the cap was coming.

But they put so much effort into making sure people have to grind and we know it's because they want people to take the route of gambling on packs from buying points in the hope of top pulls.

Yet, ridiculous gameplay issues such as tackles/refereeing are broken months later.