A what if Jimmy Greaves Icon card

Ace_Calhoune
1287 posts Play-Off Hero
This card would be immense. Would be right up there with some of the best icon strikers ingame I reckon. Anyone who’s good at doing the mock cards want to take a shot at what he might look like

Comments

• kraid
    7056 posts Big Money Move
    This card would be immense. Would be right up there with some of the best icon strikers ingame I reckon. Anyone who’s good at doing the mock cards want to take a shot at what he might look like

Problem is they wouldn’t give home the skill moves, would end up like a linekar kind of card I think
  • Ace_Calhoune
    1287 posts Play-Off Hero
    kraid wrote: »

Problem is they wouldn’t give home the skill moves, would end up like a linekar kind of card I think

I’d hope they’d rate him a lot higher than linekar. I mean his scoring record in the top flight was immense, surely would be a 95 shooting prime with 90 plus pace and dribbling.
  • djnition
    1107 posts Professional
    Dennis law card would be epic too
  • Ace_Calhoune
    1287 posts Play-Off Hero
    djnition wrote: »
    Dennis law card would be epic too

Another amazing card

• tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    There are loads of genuine icons who will never get cards, whilst merely good players who retired a couple of years ago are hurried back into the game.

I understand why, but it is still a shame.
  • Gazmac_868
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jimmy greaves what a player. Embarrassing it took so long for his mbe. Saint and Greavesie what a show. Proper football show nothing around today comes close.
  • tommyboyo
    edited January 1
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Jimmy greaves what a player. Embarrassing it took so long for his mbe. Saint and Greavesie what a show. Proper football show nothing around today comes close.

You're old :)

Don't think the youg'uns will know what you are talking about.
  • Gazmac_868
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    tommyboyo wrote: »

Your old :)

Lol nothing like showing your age mate.
  • tommyboyo

Your old :)

Lol nothing like showing your age mate.

:)
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    You seen them when they do the league cup draw with Trump, in his office?
    Brilliant
  • P1stolpete187
    6259 posts Big Money Move
    He would probably have 60 balance and 2* weak foot going by some of the other icons
  • JPRM71
    3713 posts National Call-Up

Agree with both points here.

Be great to see him in FIFA, be good to remind this generation that football wasn’t invented in 1998.
  • tommyboyo
    edited January 1
    JV24601 wrote: »
    Brilliant

Yeah. Apparently he did not like the outcome and tried to make them do a re-draw, but they told him to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off.
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    Greatest English player of all time, deserves a decent card
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    Brilliant

Yeah. Apparently he did not like the outcome and tried to make then do a re-draw, but they told him to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off.

:D
    Not surprised on both accounts
  • Gazmac_868
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    Brilliant

Yep 1992 rumblelows cup I believe. Don had no idea what or who all these teams were. So bizarre and funny!
  • LiamSully
    7974 posts League Winner
    Realistically, how many programmers and “deal makers” at a company like EA, are going to be old enough to know any names in this thread

I’m not sure they’ve got anyone under the age of 50 anywhere near a brainstorming session or a content division

They’ve probably got a few older mid-level execs somewhere on the floor, but he can’t join in as his back can’t get him up off the bean bag chairs in the sensory room where they have all their meetings, drinking iced lattes and eating humus, discussing how many more french guys they can put in the next promo
  • Gazmac_868
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    LiamSully wrote: »
    Realistically, how many programmers and “deal makers” at a company like EA, are going to be old enough to know any names in this thread

I’m not sure they’ve got anyone under the age of 50 anywhere near a brainstorming session or a content division

They’ve probably got a few older mid-level execs somewhere on the floor, but he can’t join in as his back can’t get him up off the bean bag chairs in the sensory room where they have all their meetings, drinking iced lattes and eating humus, discussing how many more french guys they can put in the next promo

You dont need to be a scholar of the game to know who Jimmy greaves is now but I do take your point about EA.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite

I don't think the age of EA employees would be relevant anyway. Jimmy Greaves won't appeal to the vast majority of younger people who play the game as they may never have heard of him. Therefore he won't contribute to selling as many FIFA points as another choice. FUT only exists to sell fifa points. People who work at EA are only employed to make money for EA.
  • Springveldt
    5828 posts Big Money Move
    There are loads of genuine icons who will never get cards, whilst merely good players who retired a couple of years ago are hurried back into the game.

I understand why, but it is still a shame.
    Totally agree. Some of the “icons” that have been added are an embarrassment. Distinctly average players that are there to sell packs only.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7425 posts League Winner
    give my man, ji sung park an icon card
  • Gazmac_868
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero

I don't think the age of EA employees would be relevant anyway. Jimmy Greaves won't appeal to the vast majority of younger people who play the game as they may never have heard of him. Therefore he won't contribute to selling as many FIFA points as another choice. FUT only exists to sell fifa points. People who work at EA are only employed to make money for EA.

Mate a good few icons in the game that played in 50s/60s that these so called kids will never of heard off!!
  • Springveldt
    5828 posts Big Money Move

Mate a good few icons in the game that played in 50s/60s that these so called kids will never of heard off!!
    And most of them have been done dirty. Baresi is arguably the best CB of all time (definitely top 3) yet he is unusable compared to the likes of Joe Gomez, Eder Militao or even Wan-Bissaka on 7 chem.