Wow - this is beyond ridiculous.

SJR440
7176 posts League Winner
edited December 2020
Everyone who complains about skill spamming becomes perfectly justified once you've watched this absolute monstrosity.

What a joke.

Comments

• Numlocked_
    2307 posts Fans' Favourite
    Glitching your way trough on goal is all that matters
  • Goodgod10
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't even how to do one :#
  • Buzzbuzz
    1884 posts Play-Off Hero
    The lengths that people go to just to get a win never fails to astound me.
  • ImAtrocious
    2641 posts Fans' Favourite
    Goodgod10 wrote: »

I try a few here and there, but usually end up unintentionally doing that little inside out move instead.
  • SwankyStyle
    1238 posts Professional
    edited December 2020
    Ok so do step overs and gain advantage or don’t do them and don’t, hmm.

You know, Ronaldo actually does them IRL and it works for him.
  • Even Stallion says that it's the game that forces you into stepovers.

Stepovers aren't the cause, they are the reaction to it.

Half the game needs fixing so that stepovers could be nerfed. If they just got nerfed on their own then it would be another attacking tool down the drain and the game would become more and more boring as EA keeps nerfing attacking tools with every patch.
  • MoeilijkeMan
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero
    Goodgod10 wrote: »

I try a few here and there, but usually end up unintentionally doing that little inside out move instead.

Same, I suck.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    Make defending more manual and nerf all skill moves = everything sorted = skill gap = less money for EA + everyone who can't defend and relies on skill moves crying.

Glad I quit FIFA.
  • sneaky77
    421 posts Sunday League Hero
    i only try skill moves (badly) if I am trying to go 1v1 against the cb or something but on open space it just looks dumb
  • Numlocked_
    2307 posts Fans' Favourite
    Orison wrote: »
    Even Stallion says that it's the game that forces you into stepovers.

Stepovers aren't the cause, they are the reaction to it.

Half the game needs fixing so that stepovers could be nerfed. If they just got nerfed on their own then it would be another attacking tool down the drain and the game would become more and more boring as EA keeps nerfing attacking tools with every patch.

True story. Maybe if EA fix passing, AI attacking runs, fix player switching and AI defence this might be a decent game.

Oh and fix the servers...

• Make defending more manual and nerf all skill moves = everything sorted = skill gap = less money for EA + everyone who can't defend and relies on skill moves crying.

Glad I quit FIFA.

Where is the sorting? You are just listing random things.

Defending is arguably relatively manual this year (if you don't eventually select your CBs you are done for against through balls, stepovers and so on). That's not the issue. Skillmoves also aren't the issue. The issue is that the game is so dead in certain parts (e.g. manual pressing/2nd men pressing, intelligent AI attacking runs apart from running in straight lines and so on) that it forces you to play a certain style.

Skillmoves should be viable if you wanted to skill. But all other things should also be viable and something as simple as regular left stick dribbling isn't really (apart from wiggling the stick to quickly change directions back and forth and create a passing angle).
  • rmoxon
    1840 posts Play-Off Hero
    I played a guy yesterday who messaged me and called me "sweaty" for playing a passing game and using the wings. He literally said that he was upset that i wasnt dribbling down the middle of the pitch constantly.

EA has players so brainwashed that they all seem to think football is dribbling and skill spaming and no one ever passes the ball.
  • OZero
    7385 posts League Winner
    What’s next? Ball roll? Body feint?
  • Batman442
    5527 posts Big Money Move
    Skill abusers are just mediocre players that abuse the broken mechanics every year. Same type of players that camp in corners in shooting games
  • D0lvl
    3968 posts National Call-Up
    I can’t believe some clowns think this is ok. ITS NOT FOOTBALL! Yes, Cr7 and so on do the odd skill move in game, they may create a highlight reel one game where there are 5-6 but not 30 flaming plus. It’s just ridiculous. I know for a fact I will never be better than a gold 2/3 player with my passing play style but I refuse to change and I will never sell my footballing soul to play using 💩 like this every game. Football is about movement, touch, creative passing and well-timed runs. It’s not about stopovers and rainbow flicking into the box.

They are ok and justify it because without it they couldn’t score/win games.

EAs fault still.

• I can’t believe some clowns think this is ok. ITS NOT FOOTBALL! Yes, Cr7 and so on do the odd skill move in game, they may create a highlight reel one game where there are 5-6 but not 30 flaming plus. It’s just ridiculous. I know for a fact I will never be better than a gold 2/3 player with my passing play style but I refuse to change and I will never sell my footballing soul to play using 💩 like this every game. Football is about movement, touch, creative passing and well-timed runs. It’s not about stopovers and rainbow flicking into the box.

It's a videogame pal.

Last year there wasn't even too much of an unrealistic meta apart from near post finishing and it was the most tedious and boring game of all time.

Sacrifices have to be made to get a more entertaining and competitive game.

Super responsive left stick dribbling wouldn't be too realistic either, but it would be one of the main things that needed to be a thing so that other dribbling techniques such as stepovers would be spammed less.

If you can't turn properly unless you did a skillmove then the solution isn't to nerf all skillmoves until you can't turn whatsoever. The solution is to make other tools to turn quickly viable.
  • Springveldt
    5828 posts Big Money Move
    rmoxon wrote: »
    I can’t believe some clowns think this is ok. ITS NOT FOOTBALL! Yes, Cr7 and so on do the odd skill move in game, they may create a highlight reel one game where there are 5-6 but not 30 flaming plus. It’s just ridiculous. I know for a fact I will never be better than a gold 2/3 player with my passing play style but I refuse to change and I will never sell my footballing soul to play using 💩 like this every game. Football is about movement, touch, creative passing and well-timed runs. It’s not about stopovers and rainbow flicking into the box.

It's a videogame pal.

Last year there wasn't even too much of an unrealistic meta apart from near post finishing and it was the most tedious and boring game of all time.

Super responsive left stick dribbling wouldn't be too realistic either, but it would be one of the main things that needed to be a thing so that other dribbling techniques such as stepovers would be spammed less.

If you can't turn properly unless you did a skillmove then the solution isn't to nerf all skillmoves until you can't turn whatsoever. The solution is to make other tools to turn quickly viable.

Skill move spamming isn’t “entertaining”. In fact it’s the opposite, it’s boring as hell.

FIFA is suppose to be a football game, not a circus simulator where 22 performing seals run about the pitch.
    It hasn’t been a football game for a few years, it’s a card collecting game with some arcade football thrown in. This is how EA want it.

When attacking AI is as dumb as a box of rocks, dribbling is like turning in quick sand and AI defenders will do 10 yard Kung fu kicks to block shots then people will spam the only available viable options to help them score.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    Make defending more manual and nerf all skill moves = everything sorted = skill gap = less money for EA + everyone who can't defend and relies on skill moves crying.

Glad I quit FIFA.

Where is the sorting? You are just listing random things.

Defending is arguably relatively manual this year (if you don't eventually select your CBs you are done for against through balls, stepovers and so on). That's not the issue. Skillmoves also aren't the issue. The issue is that the game is so dead in certain parts (e.g. manual pressing/2nd men pressing, intelligent AI attacking runs apart from running in straight lines and so on) that it forces you to play a certain style.

Skillmoves should be viable if you wanted to skill. But all other things should also be viable and something as simple as regular left stick dribbling isn't really (apart from wiggling the stick to quickly change directions back and forth and create a passing angle).

Making defending more manual would give people an opportunity to try other modes of scoring other than spamming massively AI influenced skill moves. I disagree, I think auto tackle is way overpowered and it's not manual enough.

Skillmoves should only be viable if they make the opponent guess the wrong way. They shouldn't disable your tackle when you have guessed the right way and timed the tackle correctly as they often do.
  • oneskyworld
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero
    honestly, stepover is the only skill move I know how to do and it's been over the years, cause it's very realistic. player use that in real life. Of cause I only do it in on one one situation when it's suited like in real life.
    Spamming it is just silly, but definitely not as silly as the drag backs boosts. That's just anti physics.
  • ToiletChimp
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's a difficult thing for EA to get the balance right on but they need to find a way to reduce the amount of skill spamming which just allows players to faze through defenders and ride tackles made by players much stronger than the player they're skilling with.

Good players can use skills in the right moments to buy themselves some extra time and space (as they should, that's no problem at all) but the amount of times you get people who can barely move with the ball without doing a stepover, ball roll or drag back is a bit ridiculous. Naturally all the goals they score are jammy ones where they just run into defenders whilst doing a skill move and keep gliding through. It's like the really old Fifas in the 90s where once you started a skill move you couldn't be tackled until the animation had finished because of how the game was coded.

Thing is, EA realised that the running fake shot was OP and being abused by people all the time, so introduced a delay on it to stop it being so effective. Obviously the same thing wouldn't be sensible on stepovers and similar skill moves but they need to address something to weight the situation where someone skills in the favour of the defender if the defender is positioned well and has made a well timed tackle. The other thing they could do is make AI defenders more aware of what's going on around them so they don't just move out of the way and let a player who's skilled one defender have a free run into space. Right now, you can be in the right place to block a striker's path, but they just do a stepover or a faint and glide past you with a speed boost while your defender suddenly turns into a bronze player with 3 strength, 2 agility and the turning speed and circle of an aircraft carrier, meanwhile your AI defender behind them decides, for some reason, to move in the opposite direction and mark someone who isn't in a dangerous position when it's obvious the striker is going to drive towards goal.
  • IraqBruin
    1621 posts Play-Off Hero
    Skill moves should depend on multiple attributes of the players, it should lead to more stamina drain as well.
  • ContraCode64
    3298 posts National Call-Up
    I'm lost on how we're making the game "more realistic" by making skill moves have a big stamina drain. Maybe not everyone has played actual football, but I can't say I've ever blown up on a pitch from performing a couple of stepovers or a Cruyff turn...
  • Mozinho
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Don’t know about you guys but I’d much rather play against someone who skills or tries to do something with the ball rather than just hold possession for 60% of the game... it’s so f*ing boring - this isn’t real life, it’s a video game
  • rmoxon wrote: »

It's a videogame pal.

Skill move spamming isn’t “entertaining”. In fact it’s the opposite, it’s boring as hell.

FIFA is suppose to be a football game, not a circus simulator where 22 performing seals run about the pitch.

And that's another issue. People just shout random nonsense such as "Fifa should be a football game". No reasoning, no arguments, no suggestions as to how to make a realistic and entertaining game that doesn't end up like fifa 20.

Not constructive, pretty stupid in fact.
  • Cbn
    1589 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seems like People complain on everything they can think of nowadays. Stepovers arent major issue
  • Lcfc
    2818 posts National Call-Up
    That’s why that danish child does well he abuses broken mechanics.
  • SJR440
    7176 posts League Winner
    Wish I could say I was surprised so many people are actually defending this type of trash playstyle but I'm not...