Premier League Lounge 2021-22

Comments

• Pughy30
    29403 posts Player of the Year
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Lampard for me is easily the worst manager out of Ole, Lampard and Arteta. Chelsea have picked up 4pts in their last 5 games with a squad that good, When Arteta needs to sub on help he has Nketiah and Willock, meanwhile Lampard can bring on Werner and Havertz.

Easy to say atm, but I think Ole is well clear of the other two at this point in their respective careers. Whatever else flaws they may all have, Ole’s one truly great attribute is that no matter what happens, he doesn’t seem to lose the support of his players. They never give up on him. There’s no friction or speculation or public dressing downs. Whether we’re 5 off top or 5 off bottom, it’s a broadly happy and stable camp inside the club.

I mean it's hard to compare Ole and Arteta, Ole not only has a far better squad but he has a far better support structure around him of experienced people. Also Ole doesn't have an Ozil situation which is an absolute nightmare for any manager

Ole has the Pogba situation, just as bad as the Ozil issue in terms of rumors/distractions. I agree that Ole has a better club structure around him but just based on what you see on the pitch, Ole is way way better than Arteta. Let's not let one win against a struggling Chelsea side erase the fact that Arteta has been awful.

Ye Arteta hasn't been good but if you switched managers at clubs I don't think Ole would be doing any better at Arsenal. I 100% disagree on the Ozil/Pogba situation it's nothing similar, Pogba still plays and occasionally puts in performances. Ozil has been an albatross around the necks of Arsenal managers for years
  • Kellnerr
    4649 posts National Call-Up

Neville has been going on about this on Twitter all night. Why did City get to cancel their match but others had to play? I have no issues with making up the match but the rules need to be fair for everyone.

Exactly what I said earlier today, it's absolutely pathetic.
    Not to say that it even can be a disadvantage for City in the end due to the busy schedule and the Euros.
  • Ahmer50x
    30376 posts National Team Captain

United not getting all the pens this season :cry:
  • Tornado31619
    28661 posts Player of the Year
    Jamie VARdy
  • El_Nino
    8364 posts League Winner
    edited December 2020
    Ole/Arteta/Lampard is a difficult debate, I do agree with @Ahmer50x that Ole has been the best by far in terms of getting players playing for him, which is a big thing. But honestly over the last year there’s been occasions were each one has looked truly terrible, down and out, and occasions were they’ve looked to be in a great position.

Only time will tell, especially given there all young managers(more so Arteta and Lampard) but Ole to an extent, who may well just be at the wrong(or right) club.
  • Stlducks
    6688 posts Big Money Move
    The thing Ole has is experience. He’s been fired and been through the worst a manager can do. How many times do managers get it right with their first job? That’s why I said when Arteta was hired I think he could be good but not at Arsenal.

It’s almost like they need a reality check of getting sacked to realize changes are needed and they learn from it.
  • Wyojasond
    16981 posts World Class

Wolves are gonna rip somebody off so bad for him 😂
  • Bluemoon2393
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Neville has been going on about this on Twitter all night. Why did City get to cancel their match but others had to play? I have no issues with making up the match but the rules need to be fair for everyone.

Exactly what I said earlier today, it's absolutely pathetic.
    Not to say that it even can be a disadvantage for City in the end due to the busy schedule and the Euros.

Not to be unfair to us. Lower League Teams and Newcastle have had huge problems with trying to contain the Virus and it does eventually get spread to other teams mates. Liverpool had problems with cases too like us. (Tried to get Salah to play even though he tested positive and should have isolated him for 2 weeks). Yes we have our own idiots like Walker who was stupid enough to go to parties and no surprise he tested Positive.

To me. We shouldn't have played Newcastle on Saturday when they said we have a couple off cases and a further more today. Yes we have a a lot off resources but it doesn't matter if you have a big squad or not. Everyone is in the same bubble and have been near each other in training and other things.

To me. The measures in getting last season to finish was good enough. But to start a new season like nothing happened was always going to be a disaster waiting to happen.

Fans can't go back to matches. Players are unfit and injured and also lack enthusiasm to play games. Yes they get paid too much. But this pandemic. Football could have made some sensible changes but clearly they haven't learnt there lesson.

To me the season has to be stopped now and declare it Null and Void (Not saying this as a excuse for our poor performances) because each team will have a huge pile off fixtures to catch up on and also more mess into arranging matches. Also the method off continuing football is very unrealible.

I think too many are quick to point the finger at us and not realise there more things than just football out there that is important. Health and wellbeing does always come first.
  • Ashy
    16205 posts World Class
    I agree to null and void
  • Stlducks
    Null and void but bottom 6 go down and top 6 come up from the Championship. Only fair way.
  • Ashy
    16205 posts World Class
    Null and void but bottom 6 go down and top 6 come up from the Championship. Only fair way.

Null and void go back to alphabetical order and crown Arsenal worthy champions
  • Ahmer50x
    30376 posts National Team Captain
    Ashy wrote: »

Null and void, just use the historical table.

But remember that football started in 1992
  • Stlducks

Jose has won it three times!
  • Pietu
    9841 posts League Winner

Null and void but relegate Manchester to League 2.
  • Tornado31619
    28661 posts Player of the Year
    Pietu wrote: »

Null and void but relegate Manchester to League 2.

Man City can play all of their easy cup draws every week then :trollface:
  • Stlducks

I give it two weeks before the league is postponed again.
  • Ashy
    16205 posts World Class
    Null and void NOW
  • Snugglebites
    2483 posts Fans' Favourite
    Void the season before 6 so the world won't have to suffer a Burnley - Sheffield United game.
  • Stlducks
    Void the season before 6 so the world won't have to suffer a Burnley - Sheffield United game.

But I really want to see what Maupay does against Arsenal. Lets wait and void it after the games today so we do not have to watch Spurs give a later winner to Fulham tomorrow.
  • Wyojasond
    16981 posts World Class
    Wtf! Once again shows the double standard 🤦‍♂️
  • Stlducks
    FA is just like UEFA, scared of City's lawyers.
  • Wyojasond
    16981 posts World Class
    Yeah at this rate I don’t see how the league won’t be postponed in January. Cases are only get worse the next week or two after the holidays.
  • Stlducks
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Yeah at this rate I don’t see how the league won’t be postponed in January. Cases are only get worse the next week or two after the holidays.

Doing a 2-week winter break might be best for everyone. Let all players isolate for now and also give players a rest.
  • Ashy
    16205 posts World Class
    edited December 2020
    Thing is the season is so packed there is no time to extend it going into June, if you do that where do they draw the line? 2 week break could end up being 3/4 weeks etc. Then the Euros are delayed a month which then eats into pre season after, the players not getting a proper summer break and the following season is then affected.
  • Kellnerr
    4649 posts National Call-Up
    Wyojasond wrote: »

Doing a 2-week winter break might be best for everyone. Let all players isolate for now and also give players a rest.

Impossible imo, there's simply no space for catching up on that many missed games with the FA Cup, UCL, Euro League and later on the Euros coming up. If there were many cases again after that, the season really would have to be voided. If there are enough players tested negative, the teams should play.
  • Stlducks
    The only way it would work is to cancel the FA cup to use those midweeks at league games. Playing the EUROs is beyond idiotic to me right now. The pandemic is not going to be fixed worldwide by June, having players from different countries traveling to one location is going to be a mess.

Cancel the EUROs, let the season end when it ends, and start next season 6 weeks later.
  • Shshj
    8509 posts League Winner
    The only way it would work is to cancel the FA cup to use those midweeks at league games. Playing the EUROs is beyond idiotic to me right now. The pandemic is not going to be fixed worldwide by June, having players from different countries traveling to one location is going to be a mess.

Cancel the EUROs, let the season end when it ends, and start next season 6 weeks later.

Common sense would say cancel the Euros completely and forget about international football until the 2022 World Cup. But this sport is all money, and common sense can never stand in the way of that.
  • Stlducks

Looks like the league is at least kicking around the idea of a break.