Best English icon striker. Part 2 judgement day

TwoZebras
6741 posts Big Money Move
Right I have mid Wright and his finishing is pretty fantastic so I'm curious about the rest

Prime Shearer was diabolical for me, but I haven't tried anyone else

Best English icon striker. Part 2 judgement day 38 votes

Ian Wright
18%
LiamSullyApassiNick HBeastlyHuslaCustardHippoyosef167Bukayotheking 7 votes
Gary Lineker
34%
Sandell85TheonlywayisS6TwoZebrasOnlyOneNemesisRainazICUPjplumberpes1972balErikSporterkraidGnomenclature16Townley90 13 votes
Alan Shearer
26%
LloydieRunawaysQonabcdefg123FrauenarztdazcoWattzeefuikPsykes9080MrMTFCMpl44 10 votes
Michael Owen
21%
DiddymowThornyGazmac_868Thefranchise92Cow_Rangerkukuchev711DaMMianAll4fun1991 8 votes

Comments

• MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alan Shearer
    Depends on your play style.

Target man - shearer
    Shorty to get in behind and hit 1st time - Owen
    Get in behind and not be knocked off it - Wright
    Dribbling/on the ball - Lineker

I've used all on 20 exc Owen, I think Lineker is best but shearer I get every year and is a fun player to use, I think. Good target man and a shot that isn't generally saveable
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    Ian Wright
    Think Lineker is clinical AF so wish I could of voted for 2, but... his ears 👂😂
  • TwoZebras
    Gary Lineker
    MrMTFC wrote: »

Target man - shearer

I've used all on 20 exc Owen, I think Lineker is best but shearer I get every year and is a fun player to use, I think. Good target man and a shot that isn't generally saveable

You think Owen would get on with Wrighty? Or did I go with Lineker?
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alan Shearer
    TwoZebras wrote: »

Target man - shearer

I personally think Owen is too small and weak so I stay away from him, Lineker and Wright are very similar but Lineker edges it on dribbling. If you went with a 2 I'd say shearer for target man/great shots and Lineker for everything else
  • TwoZebras
    Gary Lineker
    TwoZebras wrote: »

Target man - shearer

I personally think Owen is too small and weak so I stay away from him, Lineker and Wright are very similar but Lineker edges it on dribbling. If you went with a 2 I'd say shearer for target man/great shots and Lineker for everything else

I might give Lineker a shot then! Because RB Vardy isn't cutting it. So Wright is scoring all my goals by himself
  • All4fun1991
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    Michael Owen
    I will take Owen for those first time shots..He also doesn’t feel clunky.
  • Eddieww
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm guessing this is for your England squad you posted a few days ago. Move Kane to Striker and get a midfield icon would be my suggestion
  • Nick H
    68 posts Park Captain
    Ian Wright
    I've been using mid Wright for a while. I wasn't sure at first. but his shooting and finishing is so good. the only downside is he needs fast wingers as he's not the quickest.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    Gary Lineker
    I've only used 87 Lineker but he was very good and clinical. I fancy using the prime but will wait until the new year price drop rather than spend 650k or so now.