The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• AaronMFC
    2307 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wait til you see our highlights, refereeing reaches an all time low :D

I really thought he was going to let the penalty stand it was so obvious he hit it twice would have been fuming after we had one disallowed for the same reason this season.
  • They Caged Non
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Wait til you see our highlights, refereeing reaches an all time low :D

I really thought he was going to let the penalty stand it was so obvious he hit it twice would have been fuming after we had one disallowed for the same reason this season.

I was watching on red button so saw no replays and the commentators were useless so I genuinely thought it was chalked off cos he decided Morsy didn’t handball it in the end. Only found out much later he kicked it twice.
  • iHilarious
    13589 posts Has That Special Something
  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    iHilarious wrote: »
    He looked really promising, what happened, just played bad or not getting game time?
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Death, taxes and losing to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Preston.
  • Tornado31619
    30228 posts National Team Captain
    @PelzyWelzy you can rant here
  • They Caged Non
    Wasn’t expecting that today, fantastic win, a hammering.
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    james2060 wrote: »
    Live football was nice whilst it lasted.. back in tier 3 :)

Or 4. No football for 2 weeks either, Merry Christmas lads I'll see ya next year ✌️
  • WFCBagnall
    91186 posts Moderator
    2-0 and 3-2 down to Vale and still won, absolutely love that.

Even at 2-0 down, we weren't playing that bad and Clarke decided to make four suspect subs including three of our most inform players :D

Tactical genius B)
  • AaronMFC

4 goals away from home im struggling to believe that actually happened.
  • They Caged Non

And Britt the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ scoring too, well and Wing whilst we’re at it.

Saville is mint, and is it yet another assist by Neymarv?
  • AaronMFC

Having seen the highlights still not complaining but Etheridge put in probably the worst goalkeeping performance there'll be all season. The difference in how much this team is fighting for each other compared to last season is unbelievable. We got completely outplayed by a bad birmingham side last season.
  • They Caged Non

Having seen the highlights still not complaining but Etheridge put in probably the worst goalkeeping performance there'll be all season. The difference in how much this team is fighting for each other compared to last season is unbelievable. We got completely outplayed by a bad birmingham side last season.

Yeah it’s so true what they say about NW getting teams to run through walls for each other and him. Players like Johnson and Howson are 2 of the best players in the league, Paddy McNair lethal.
  • Farlz
    9618 posts League Winner
    Watford love a wild appointment don't they
  • AtomicOdin
    1209 posts Professional
    Well since binning McCall we have drawn 1 and won 1,kept a clean sheet & kept the 2 inform strikers in the league quiet. we finally look solid at the back. All down to changing our formation to suit the players we have and having proper training sessions. That was 2 of our academy coaches who sussed that out.
    should find out who our new manager is this week as well. Maybe this season isnt going to end in doom and gloom now.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020
    You lot still here then?! I haven't been in these parts for over 2 years, I've given the last couple of FIFAs a miss - my last post was "Jos out". Since then Steve Bruce has come and gone, Monk was the worst manager I've ever seen at Hillsborough, we've been deducted points because the owner doesn't have a clue how to run a football club and now his money's run out as well, and to top it all we're now relegation certainties with an overpaid squad who don't give a damn and have the spectacle of the free flowing attacking football of Tony Pulis. Its a right laugh.

• They Caged Non
    You lot still here then?! I haven't been in these parts for over 2 years, I've given the last couple of FIFAs a miss - my last post was "Jos out". Since then Steve Bruce has come and gone, Monk was the worst manager I've ever seen at Hillsborough, we've been deducted points because the owner doesn't have a clue how to run a football club and now his money's run out as well, and to top it all we're now relegation certainties with an overpaid squad who don't give a damn and have the spectacle of the free flowing attacking football of Tony Pulis. Its a right laugh.

Hello mate, all still here.... that story certainly runs in some sort of parallel to the Boro, with us luckily having a season in the Prem so all our wasted money was covered by that, saving us from a certain deduction too.

I’ve been skipping FIFA’s recently too, and fully understand why you would... I still come here for the dodgy football banter and the only half reasonable Millwall fan on the planet :D , best thing is all the Leeds have ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off thinking they are too big for the lounge.

Farlz and Wheeler are still here, they secretly (not so secretly) hate the Prem so stick around like a lot of us do if we go up.
  • They Caged Non
    Come to think of it, where the hell is Wheeler? Bet his dad is a Tory MP and he has had to go into hiding B)
  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    Merry Xmas pals x
  • AaronMFC
    Merry Christmas
  • They Caged Non
    Happy Christmas all
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Merry Christmas chaps.
  • Farlz
    9618 posts League Winner
    Hope you've all had a good Christmas fellas
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Come to think of it, where the hell is Wheeler? Bet his dad is a Tory MP and he has had to go into hiding B)

Still kicking about, just haven’t had much to post about recently as we’ve actually been alright.

And a slightly belated Happy Christmas to you lot.
  • They Caged Non

Still kicking about, just haven’t had much to post about recently as we’ve actually been alright.

And a slightly belated Happy Christmas to you lot.

Ah good to see mate, Happy Christmas
  • Retro1989
    6068 posts Big Money Move
    Hughton vs Karanka

That was the most boring match i've ever watched.
  • Farlz
    9618 posts League Winner
    I'm really bloody enjoying football right now
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited December 2020
    We’re a fast Striker off being in with a real shout of staying up. Best we’ve looked defensively in literal years. Just need a bit more going forward so we can win games 1-0.
    Post edited by wheelerdeeler on
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    We didn't lose but we looked a long way off winning.
    Martin O'Neill is actually a more exciting manager than Hughton.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hope you all had a good Xmas lads.