If people are getting refunds for CP, we shouldn’t we for FIFA?

MeeseeksandDestroy
241 posts Sunday League Hero
As far as I can tell, next gen FIFA is just as bad as CP2077.

Comments

• AngryHawk
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    I brought this up and got killed, be aware for the hate coming your way
  • FaFiFa
    1410 posts Professional
    Remember this and do not buy FIFA 22
  • MeeseeksandDestroy
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    AngryHawk wrote: »
    I brought this up and got killed, be aware for the hate coming your way

I mean let’s be objective here, FIFA 21 on PS5 is just as bad or worse than CP2077.

• BlactionMan
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not liking gameplay is different to it not functioning, get a grip.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not liking gameplay is different to it not functioning, get a grip.

It doesn't function. You are at a massive disadvantage to people who don't get delay. Your inputs don't register as they should and not at all in lots of Instances.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    Nah.

Did you buy FUT?

There is a whole other massive part of the game offline that works absolutely fine.

It is nowhere near the same thing.

However, I am not saying that more pressure should not be put on EA to provide a far better online experience for many of it's customers.

That in itself is nowhere near a refund issue though and would also be very hard to prove it you wanted to go down that route.
  • Doub13emTee
    488 posts Sunday League Hero
    Terms of service :)
  • TheonlywayisS6
    2818 posts Fans' Favourite
    We know In advance that FIFA is going to be awful with the same old faults, yet still buy it every year (well I don't, I abstained from the last 2).

Some of you are even dumb enough to throw huge amounts of real money on it for FP as well.
  • Chavez76
    8531 posts League Winner
    We know In advance that FIFA is going to be awful with the same old faults, yet still buy it every year (well I don't, I abstained from the last 2).

Some of you are even dumb enough to throw huge amounts of real money on it for FP as well.

yet here you are, 2 years after you played this game,lurking on a forum about it ?
    Never understand that, but, good for you, of course you have every right to be here.
    tommyboyo wrote: »
    Nah.

Did you buy FUT?

There is a whole other massive part of the game offline that works absolutely fine.

It is nowhere near the same thing.

However, I am not saying that more pressure should not be put on EA to provide a far better online experience for many of it's customers.

That in itself is nowhere near a refund issue though and would also be very hard to prove it you wanted to go down that route.

This is the reason I think. There is quite a big difference between the two.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    2818 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chavez76 wrote: »

yet here you are, 2 years after you played this game,lurking on a forum about it ?
    Never understand that, but, good for you, of course you have every right to be here

I've got 21, abstained from 19 and 20. And didn't come near the forum in those 2 years.
  • RileyD
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    You get what you get and you don't get upset
  • grogans_heroes
    2335 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is a bit of a stretch honestly. Besides the fact that the next gen versions are technically free, and basically slight upgrades from there last gen equivalent, you would simply get nothing for paying nothing for the game.

As far as stating this game is bad on the PS5, it's unfortunate that this is your experience. I have my PS5 hooked up to my Sony x900H with HDMI 2.1 attached and have seen zero issues for the entire time I have had it going. Graphics are on point, no button lag, no server lag, not freezes or lockouts, no nothing. This is 150% better when EA charged for the watered down upgrade for the PS4. That was 1/2 the game it was on PS3 (options and gameplay) and the graphics were just slightly better but not as noticeable. I think the biggest issue people have is their equipment is not as updated as the PS5 and that is apparently causing the issues.
  • Eddieww
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ctrl+C, Crtl+V

"If you think that the playability levels of Cyberpunk and FIFA are anywhere near comparable then you're off your head.

Cyberpunk was a mess of a release that you couldn't pay because the game wouldn't let you

FIFA is just a bad game but fun in a way"

"Cyberpunk couldn't even make it through the it's credits rolling without crashing, essentially the game couldn't function with words appearing and disappearing off a screen.

Outside of the fact we get kicked of Ultimate team every time there is a huge promo at 6pm (Black Friday for example) we have it good in terms of playability. Especially compared to release versions of games like Friday the 13th and Cyberpunk.

It's just the online gameplay is utter pish compared to other forms of gameplay (which don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you on). So yes it is awful, but nowhere near the level of awful for EA to care, they're too busy wiping their naughty bits with their balance sheets.

***EDIT***

However what I will say is that Nintendo SHOULD intervene because the treatment they've allowed fans to get from EA is genuinely awful"
  • Bags
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    FaFiFa wrote: »

this. It's not exactly a shock is it? Every year this forum is full of people moaning and saying they won't buy it next year. Fast forward a year and the same people saying the same thing ...
  • iTaLenTZ
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bags wrote: »

this. It's not exactly a shock is it? Every year this forum is full of people moaning and saying they won't buy it next year. Fast forward a year and the same people saying the same thing ...

I didn't buy last year after being fed up with F19. The biggest mistake I made however was buying F21. Definitely never again.
  • Bags
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    Bags wrote: »

I didn't buy last year after being fed up with F19. The biggest mistake I made however was buying F21. Definitely never again.

It's 10 year old code that gets tweaked every year by different developers. They are literally incapable of improving the gameplay without a complete re-write of the code. No way that will happen while they are making the money they do off the game