Are you happy with the current league SBC format?

Comments

• SignpostSounder
    4219 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020
    No
    Flinkkan wrote: »
    Have we seen any answeres from EA about the league sbc stuff? It's insane that they just ignore us without any statments..

No, and they probably won't make any statements. They put out a feature and some people don't like it, while others are so pack-drunk and addicted that they're rinsing the SBCs over and over again.

They aren't going to issue a press release to apologise, and they aren't necessarily going to change anything.

They clearly said that expired SBCs will be re-released in future with "updated rewards." They said it on day one when the CONMEBOL SBCs dropped. So it may well be the plan that they'll release all the league SBCs in this pack format. Then when the SBCs are re-released - probably around the time they would have added the third pick in previous years - the re-release might award a player pick. Then when they would have added a player again around TOTS, they'll re-release the SBC again and it'll give a TOTS player.

The expiry of League SBCs is a very, very good thing. It should - theoretically - mean that you can prepare to complete each SBC for much cheaper than it would cost if the SBC was constantly live. Look at bronze and silver CONMEBOL players right now for proof of that. Bronze and Silver CBs that were 1-2k last week are 200 coins now. It relieves pressure on the supply, so it should also mean that previous issues with the likes of Paderborn strikers going for 14k and Monarcas Morelia being impossible to complete are avoided, somewhat. And, if there's a big issue with the cost of an SBC or an SBC becoming impossible because a team doesn't have enough players in packs, it can be fixed for the re-release, rather than EA not being able to change it because it would be unfair to players who have already stumped up the coins.

But...that doesn't stop the rewards from sucking out loud. The packs are absolute garbage and any that are even remotely close to not being absolute garbage are untradeable. If they aren't going to provide a system where I can store duplicate untradeables, then there's no point giving me up to 21 untradeable packs from a league SBC where half of the pack contents are going to have to be quicksold for nothing. At the very least, the "prize" for completing a full league should be a decent, tradeable pack.

Especially when "Jumbo Premium Gold Players Pack" can be loosely translated to mean "LOL NO BOARDS ENJOY YOUR CRAGNO."
  • Edu
    7526 posts League Winner
    No
    Untradeable rewards, no special players.
    What is the point?
  • RayS
    37265 posts World Cup Winner
    No
    Edu wrote: »
    What is the point?

I'm astounded this question wasnt asked at EA HQ
  • SignpostSounder
    edited December 2020
    No
    RayS wrote: »
    What is the point?

It undoubtedly was. And the answer was "I bet the playerbase will rinse the SBCs anyway because they reward packs."

Turns out they were right. Why else would 77-rated Club Brugge UCL commons be 5k apiece? And why would CONMEBOL Libertadores silver CMs be going for 3k for the entire time the CONMEBOL SBCs were out?

The community shoots itself in the foot until it doesn't have a leg left to stand on, because "mlem, mlem, mlem that man across the road might have a player better than the player I have mlem, mlem, mlem."

Every single time.
  • Hoopsterz
    3393 posts National Call-Up
    No
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    What is the point?

It undoubtedly was. And the answer was "I bet the playerbase will rinse the SBCs anyway because they reward packs."

Turns out they were right. Why else would 77-rated Club Brugge UCL commons be 5k apiece? And why would CONMEBOL Libertadores silver CMs be going for 3k for the entire time the CONMEBOL SBCs were out?

The community shoots itself in the foot until it doesn't have a leg left to stand on, because "mlem, mlem, mlem that man across the road might have a player better than the player I have mlem, mlem, mlem."

Every single time.

Its too true - People wont stop and think about what they are doing as they see the packs.. I get some people don't care about tradeable vs untradeable but i don't get how these people don't care about not having the player reward!
  • DaMMian
    2318 posts Fans' Favourite
    No

Such a shame really feels like it’s going in the wrong direction
    zm5ux95yr9361.jpg
    z9gfzb5yr9361.jpg7nfvhb5yr9361.jpg
    5uwx8d5yr9361.jpg
    97s9de5yr9361.jpg

LOL,

• WFCBagnall
    96481 posts Moderator
    No
    More untradeable packs and no player rewards, they're up for 90 days now, so absolutely no chance of change now.

It was good whilst it lasted, but it's obvious our feedback doesn't matter, no matter how much we'd like it to regarding content.

Sweet dreams leagues.
  • RayS
    37265 posts World Cup Winner
    No
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    More untradeable packs and no player rewards, they're up for 90 days now, so absolutely no chance of change now.

It was good whilst it lasted, but it's obvious our feedback doesn't matter, no matter how much we'd like it to regarding content.

Sweet dreams leagues.

Yup. This poll did a total sum of 0 good for the 96% of us on here.

RIP League SBCs
    2017 - 2020
  • Der Tooldoktor
    222 posts Sunday League Hero
    No
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Should really be an option for indifferent.

Indifferent would only take 1% or 2% of the current yes votes off...

Literally everyone I've asked about it said that they aren't going to do any of them, because of how incredibly bad the rewards are. They were one of the things I've always looking forward to be released, at least there were players from other leagues then the standard Prem, Ligue 1, Serie A, Liga Santander & Bundesliga.

The ridiculous decision to not put in sbc players for completion is 1 thing, but having the same or worse pack rewards for completing a team compared to last Fifas and even make 80% of them untradable is just shocking...

There's absolutely no point in releasing them at all...

But it's in the line of expectations, every change that's been made to the game has been awful for years, so it was to be expected.
  • DaMMian
    2318 posts Fans' Favourite
    No
    ea has a plan for this game and no one can change it, communication with them is zero. For us such decisions are incomprehensible but for them it is business.
    Every other company tries to communicate with players, but ea doesn't communicate and as you can see from the revenues they are doing very well. A lot of people complain about them but still, everything is quickly forgotten when the new game is released :pensive: It's such toxic love.
  • AvalanJ
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero
    No
    I got excited for a minute then saw the rewards
  • FaFiFa
    1446 posts Play-Off Hero
    No
    This is how EA listens to the community. After the launch of yesterday’s content with the same rewards, the message is loud and clear : “ we do not care what community thinks, you can do as many polls as you want !”
  • SignpostSounder
    edited December 2020
    No
    Wait...did people think for even a single second that EA were actually going to change their plan for league SBCs based on the results of this poll?

Come on, now.

Do you not see the UCL card prices? Did you not see the 3k bronze CONMEBOL CBs? There are tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people rinsing the current crappy league SBCs. Just like EA wanted. Ten times as many people could have voted "no" and it wouldn't have even had a chance.

I would bet dollars to donuts that the plan was to release these so that there are a bunch of terrible packs to grind all through TOTY, then maybe re-release them with a player pick on a 90-day timer in March to coincide with some sort of promo, then re-release them again as part of TOTS.

I can see it now. Come TOTS, every week will have a new league SBC from the leagues featured in that week's TOTS release. The loading screen will include "TOTS LEAGUE SBCS" somewhere on it, as if it's actually new content, and you'll get a TOTS player for completing the set.
  • AvalanJ
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero
    No

Sweet dreams leagues.

Yup. This poll did a total sum of 0 good for the 96% of us on here.

RIP League SBCs
    2017 - 2020

💐
  • BogusTommy
    2485 posts Fans' Favourite
    No
    The feedback from the community could not have been any clearer that this. This only proves that any feedback to EA is futile.
  • unxius
    1060 posts Professional
    No
    The only thing this poll shows , is how much EA dont give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about the people that pays their wages , Haha
  • Hugoku
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    No
    Current format is BS. No point at all in grinding and BPM is nerfed further.

I guess anything that can make you coins is a no no for EA now.
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    No
    end of the road, i can see full untradable in a couple of years as well

• SignpostSounder
    No
    BogusTommy wrote: »
    The feedback from the community could not have been any clearer that this. This only proves that any feedback to EA is futile.

Only, that isn't the case.

You couldn't buy a bronze CONMEBOL Libertadores CB for less than 2.5k. 75-rated UCL cards were going for 5k a pop, and Serie A defenders are pretty much all 2k apiece right now.

That's the feedback from the community.

And that feedback has actual millions of times as many data points as this poll. Every time someone buys a single player and puts it into a league SBC, they nullify the opinion of one person here.

As usual, the reaction went from "this is shocking" to "well, I do want a promo card, so...I'll have a spin with the players I have in my club" to "I had better complete this entire league" to Nepenthez saying "these might be worth grinding, y'know" on a video yesterday. So this is the new normal, now.

When they re-release the SBCs with a player pick around TOTS as they're clearly planning on doing, everybody will be screaming about what a kind and generous company EA are for listening to the players.

Apart from that...what we've got is what we're getting. Because 99% of people said "Yeah, that's fine with me."

RIP League SBCs. You were sometimes half-decent content.
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    No
    going to miss these leagues. Am not touching them , shocking what they did, what harm was it doing if people wanted to spend hours grinding for rewards. Welcome to fifa ultimate rip off
  • CHYP2074
    2598 posts Fans' Favourite
    No
    Of course not, what's the point of them now? losing coins? stacking your club with untreadables probably not even walkouts that you can do nothing with? When they first put "3 83+ players or so" I was like that's ok but after they removed it no this section is dead
  • SignpostSounder
    edited December 2020
    No
    This thread has 640 "No" votes. There are 22 "Yes" votes, so that's a 618 majority for No.

64,000 views on that "How To Make Profit From League SBCs" video at the time of posting. If it gets no more views and only ONE PERCENT of people watch that video and think "hey, that's a good idea" and go ahead and start grinding the SBCs, that would be 640 people.

That's before anybody does it off their own back, or gets the idea to do it from another video.

I see bronze CONMEBOL Libertadores CBs are up to 2k again. For a re-released SBC that is identical to the first time it was out and that gives the same crappy packs.

EA is listening to feedback. Their ears are fully open.
  • No
    For me, grinding through SBCs, the leagues in particular, was 50% of my time on the game - on the app while waiting for the kettle to boil etc. Selling the players from a club pack, partially funded the next club in the league.

There's literally no point doing them now, especially as someone else pointed out, there's no way of storing duplicate untradeables.

I only justified the £45 outlay for the off-playstation time as I enjoyed the app, like panini stickers used to be as a kid; building teams and opening packs.

People often say "I won't buy it next year", but genuinely, there's no reason to for me to buy it next year, they've killed the golden goose. I know for a fact I won't buy it. Shame.
  • fighter__noir
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    Yes, it was too much menu grinding for casuals. Better to have non-exclusive items like packs or coins
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    No
    Yes, it was too much menu grinding for casuals. Better to have non-exclusive items like packs or coins

i respect your opinion i just do not understand it. I am casual, i grind it . It was there for your choice, no one had to grind it. The new version is still the same grind as before just useless rewards for the grind
  • WFCBagnall
    96481 posts Moderator
    No

Surely the casuals wouldn't be doing league sbcs as they take patience and time to do?

No casual is doing a league sbc for profit as they wouldn't have a clue how to do them properly.
  • SignpostSounder
    edited December 2020
    No

No disrespect to anyone, but not being able to interact with every single piece of content or feature that's released is precisely why they would be considered to be casuals. Every player should NOT be able to have access to every single thing.

You don't get the best weapons or armour in something like Destiny or CoD by rocking up and pulling the trigger once. You don't get the best vehicles in Forza by winning a single race.

Those games don't dumb things down so that more casual players can get everything without putting in any effort. Why should FIFA?
  • No

Surely the casuals wouldn't be doing league sbcs as they take patience and time to do?

No casual is doing a league sbc for profit as they wouldn't have a clue how to do them properly.

I'm a casual, read my post a couple above yours. I have a family, don't get time to play weekend league, so open few packs through that method.

I used to love the leagues - it gave me an opportunity to earn decent players in my spare time, on the app. Even if I had a player from completing a league, I'd often do them again to put the high rated player in other SBCs. It was never about grinding profit.

To stop players from trading for profit, simply restrict the number of a particular player any one person can list on the market at a given time.

Also, the game desperately needs an 'untradeable duplicate holding pen' or something, where you can store players for using in SBCs. Sick of opening packs and having to discard - everything is untradeable this year, it sucks.
  • BadSeedsFC
    3169 posts National Call-Up
    No
    How you doing
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    No
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »
    How you doing

doing good, excited waiting for the new league sbc, also known as , lets push to fifa points as theses are rubbish :)