I can’t deal with the closing down in division 3

Ben
5471 posts Big Money Move
Since I went from division 4 to division 3, I can no longer deal with the closing down and pressure. There seems to be a force field around the defenders where’re if you get to within a certain distance of them they just nudge you off the ball or pome a foot in and steal it. I can literally play a who,e game without getting one shot off. All of the opponents play 4231 and they control a midfielder and seem to ice skate in circles around the middle of the pitch, intercepting your passes, as all your players are completely man marked. Also stamina does not go down on the opponents , they are not play constant pressure. All of these players must be doing some sort of constant turning on and off team press or something. I guess division 3 is the cap for my skill level.

Comments

• BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    They do that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in div 4 and even on friendlies. Ive made a topic about it other day. Where the AI does tackling, marking etc but I can never get my players to do the same.
  • win123vn
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2020
    They do that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in div 4 and even on friendlies. Ive made a topic about it other day. Where the AI does tackling, marking etc but I can never get my players to do the same.

Yes, how can our opponents do that? It is some connection advantages or “man-mark”/“constant pressure”?
  • LiquidLuck77
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    No its just putting manual pressure with all the players

I bomb all my players up the pitch with right stick player switching and that can look like constant pressure without the stamina drain

I like to defend this way because its very aggressive and not everyone is expecting that constant pressure without sacrificing my team shape too much as i would do with a custom pressure tactic

You need to select your defenders and run in straight lines to your opponent and cover passing lanes in the process, also you have to gamble sometimes and run to the other side of the player with the ball expecting him to turn because of the pressure