Quitting whilst drawing is a joke.

Comments

  • Staxdoobie
    2426 posts Fans' Favourite
    Robmu22 wrote: »
    The vast majority are playing golden goal. Makes it fun easy and quick, none of this pathetic ptb drop back tactics.

    If you really don't want to leave for whatever reason, the majority will quit if you equalise, so do your self a favour and just play golden goal.

    Yep, if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em. Welcome to democracy 2020.
  • oneskyworld
    2238 posts Fans' Favourite
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    Robmu22 wrote: »
    The vast majority are playing golden goal. Makes it fun easy and quick, none of this pathetic ptb drop back tactics.

    If you really don't want to leave for whatever reason, the majority will quit if you equalise, so do your self a favour and just play golden goal.

    Yep, if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em. Welcome to democracy 2020.

    well, this is the definition of mob rules.
  • Double_D
    1021 posts Professional
    I think a big problem is the ‘Score a goal in 15 games’ objective in many of the managerial masterpiece players like Bellerin and Bolasie. Either lower it or raise the wins requirement. Just makes for at least 5 useless games where I just need a goal and screw around most of the game.
  • IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    Robmu22 wrote: »
    The vast majority are playing golden goal. Makes it fun easy and quick, none of this pathetic ptb drop back tactics.

    If you really don't want to leave for whatever reason, the majority will quit if you equalise, so do your self a favour and just play golden goal.

    That is not working on some people, imagine leading 2-0 until the end without quitting, guess that helps with mitigating a shadow ban, but still.
  • TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    How long do shadow bans last
  • Pewdiepie
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    OZero wrote: »
    Pewdiepie wrote: »
    OZero wrote: »
    Pewdiepie wrote: »
    OZero wrote: »
    Pewdiepie wrote: »
    So let me get this straight ..the community made an imaginary rule and get butthurt when ppl dont follow an imaginary rule..they quit on tie...they say they dont want to waste time and not make this sweaty..yet they are the ones being sweaty going all out the first mins and wanting results ASAP expecting ppl to quit....a bunch of sweaty sheep I say..if someone quits that should be a loss regardless of the result..wasting time is figuratively for some playing a full game is not wasting time.

    Since I cleared 3 leagues within 2 hours following the community underground rule, sorry, trying hard for full game is sweaty imo. The opposite. Your definition of wasting time is not the same for others. So not proven buddy.
    OZero wrote: »
    Pewdiepie wrote: »
    So let me get this straight ..the community made an imaginary rule and get butthurt when ppl dont follow an imaginary rule..they quit on tie...they say they dont want to waste time and not make this sweaty..yet they are the ones being sweaty going all out the first mins and wanting results ASAP expecting ppl to quit....a bunch of sweaty sheep I say..if someone quits that should be a loss regardless of the result..wasting time is figuratively for some playing a full game is not wasting time.

    Since I cleared 3 leagues within 2 hours following the community underground rule, sorry, trying hard for full game is sweaty imo. The opposite. It is wasting time. Proven.

    Your definition of wasting time is not the same as others...so NOT proven..what is proven is you make imaginary rules in your head buddy.

    Yea not the same, so find and play with those who agree with you. I don’t agree with you and so I quit. I didn’t blame you but on the other hand you also have no rights to blame us. You are wasting our time.

    Exactly..there you go..just like you say you waste your time...you waste our time aswell when you quit on tie..if you quit you should get a loss regardless or the result...you quit on an imaginary rule thats the only fact here.

    Man... when most of the community follows the rule then it is not imaginary. Give over.

    Thats your opinion. Fact is there is no first goal wins rule. What other imaginary rules you got?
  • OZero
    7701 posts League Winner
    Something you don’t accept =/= it doesn’t exist. How old are you?
  • LuckyCraig
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It was quite fun playing short, quick tempo games. I conceded to people I probably could have beaten but so what. Take the loss, enjoy and move on. Many who did play on after I scored I beat anyway.
  • Fozzy1983
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    Agree. There are plenty of sweaty game modes to pick from if people are desperate for a full game. This is made just for swap tokens.

    As a casual player I wouldn’t have bothered until I saw the golden goal theme. I don’t have the time to grind 30 full wins so this has been awesome.

    Each to their own but need to think of the wide audience
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Mdm wrote: »
    Why should you quit after going 1 nil down?

    The game begins and ends with a whistle not pressure from a toxic environment

    Completely agree with this @Mdm, just play on and try to pull the lead back.

    You’re within your rights to do whatever you want mate but like I said above people like you and this other guy are only hindering yourselves. I played 13 matches this morning and every single game we played first goal wins, I completed 2 tokens in about an hour, whereas usually an hour is what, 3-4 games? And you might only win half of them, like I say you’re only hindering yourselves.

    Yep I did the French one and German one with 40mins this morning. Played the same player twice too and we had a win each! So so much quicker.

    Just wished the computer would do the same in squad battles :D

  • Kennyy
    11504 posts Has That Special Something
    OZero wrote: »
    Kennyy wrote: »
    OZero wrote: »
    Sorry, I think your opponent is correct. Because such ground rules did save a lot of time for everyone. I also conceded some fluke goals but who cares. I just quit and gift opponents the win and move on.

    You can play by your own rule, so do I. If you don’t want to play golden goal, fine, find the others. I will quit.

    Score on own goal before you quit then :joy:

    Why should I? It’s a mode where players are free to find their opponents.

    It’s you who sounds like people have to follow your rules or else they have to give you a win.

    Absolutely not. I jus think it’s pathetic how much people care about getting one over on strangers
  • Pewdiepie
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    OZero wrote: »
    Something you don’t accept =/= it doesn’t exist. How old are you?
    An imaginary rule that is not in a game and you expect ppl to follow ..how old are you? You have the imaginary rulebook of Fifa..what else is there
  • Dazzler
    2199 posts Fans' Favourite
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Mdm wrote: »
    Why should you quit after going 1 nil down?

    The game begins and ends with a whistle not pressure from a toxic environment

    Completely agree with this @Mdm, just play on and try to pull the lead back.

    You’re within your rights to do whatever you want mate but like I said above people like you and this other guy are only hindering yourselves. I played 13 matches this morning and every single game we played first goal wins, I completed 2 tokens in about an hour, whereas usually an hour is what, 3-4 games? And you might only win half of them, like I say you’re only hindering yourselves.

    With comments like that you are not even trying to enjoy the game but are just grinding.

    No wonder this game has turned into a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ shower.

    Telling people they are hindering themselves as they dare to want to play the full match. What an attitude.
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020
    Don’t blame the community for helping each other out. Blame EA for putting all these requirements in ‘friendly’ games.

    If you are going for icon swaps... and not playing golden goal you are making slower for yourself.

    However if you enjoy friendlies then just play them out. Who cares. Everyone can choose to do what they want.

    Putting objectives in what should not be a competitive mode is a big fail on EA. NOT THE COMMUNITY FOR HELPING EACH OTHER OUT.
  • FryingPan
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    JustusX wrote: »
    Don’t blame the community for helping each other out. Blame EA for putting all these requirements in ‘friendly’ games.

    If you are going for icon swaps... and not playing golden goal you are making slower for yourself.

    However if you enjoy friendlies then just play them out. Who cares. Everyone can choose to do what they want.

    Putting objectives in what should not be a competitive mode is a big fail on EA. NOT THE COMMUNITY FOR HELPING EACH OTHER OUT.

    You almost have it right here. It’s on EA for sure but not for putting it into objectives but for not granting the win when someone else quits because he or she had a dream about an imaginary rule. And the community is not helping each other out, they are just handling out of self-interest.
  • Hulk43
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    LOL. Everyone a few days ago was calling this a "gentlemens agreement" like it was something great.

    This "gentlemens agreement" is with the same toxic community that abuses the game for wins and coins.

    I realised last night playing that if you dont leave after the first goal, the other person keeps pausing and if you equialise, they quit the game so no one gets anything.


    ...
  • dengah109
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    FryingPan wrote: »

    You almost have it right here. It’s on EA for sure but not for putting it into objectives but for not granting the win when someone else quits because he or she had a dream about an imaginary rule. And the community is not helping each other out, they are just handling out of self-interest.

    Cant agree with you, it isnt just self-interest. There was probably only 2 or 3 games where I didnt quit after going 1 nil down and that was purely stubborness on my part because they did a stupid celebration and they paused the game expecting me to quit. There was also one game where my opponent ball juggled from a corner, caught me off guard and got a flukey rebound goal and no way was I giving them the benefiting of quitting for scoring a scummy goal and then celebrating it. If I quit it will be my decision and no-one elses so pausing after you score doesnt make me want to quit.

    I also have no issue with anyone who wants to play the full game and not quit after I score first. If that happens I just play the game out, no problem.

    Most players I have come up against with the icon swaps objectives when I have scored first have quit and I do likewise. However I have also quit when I have gone 1 down against a player who is clearly at a lower level than me and perhaps has a pretty poor team. We must have all had games where we have been battering the other player, missed chances, posts keep getting hit etc... and then they fluke a goal. Now that happened quite a few times whilst trying to do the objectives and part of me was like nah I should play on as I was pretty convinced I'd still win but I didnt I quit the game and let them have the win. I also benefited myself numerous times from scoring 1st against someone I felt was clearly better than I was who duly quit and gave me the win. So how is that the community being toxic and only being self-serving???
  • GLAN12
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I really don’t think people should be having to explain themselves for wanting to finish games of Fifa .
    Very strange mentality from some of the player base at time. I’m enjoying using different squads and cards . Sometimes I really just want to enjoy a game with them ? Is that so much of a crime
  • FryingPan
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    dengah109 wrote: »
    FryingPan wrote: »

    You almost have it right here. It’s on EA for sure but not for putting it into objectives but for not granting the win when someone else quits because he or she had a dream about an imaginary rule. And the community is not helping each other out, they are just handling out of self-interest.

    Cant agree with you, it isnt just self-interest. There was probably only 2 or 3 games where I didnt quit after going 1 nil down and that was purely stubborness on my part because they did a stupid celebration and they paused the game expecting me to quit. There was also one game where my opponent ball juggled from a corner, caught me off guard and got a flukey rebound goal and no way was I giving them the benefiting of quitting for scoring a scummy goal and then celebrating it. If I quit it will be my decision and no-one elses so pausing after you score doesnt make me want to quit.

    I also have no issue with anyone who wants to play the full game and not quit after I score first. If that happens I just play the game out, no problem.

    Most players I have come up against with the icon swaps objectives when I have scored first have quit and I do likewise. However I have also quit when I have gone 1 down against a player who is clearly at a lower level than me and perhaps has a pretty poor team. We must have all had games where we have been battering the other player, missed chances, posts keep getting hit etc... and then they fluke a goal. Now that happened quite a few times whilst trying to do the objectives and part of me was like nah I should play on as I was pretty convinced I'd still win but I didnt I quit the game and let them have the win. I also benefited myself numerous times from scoring 1st against someone I felt was clearly better than I was who duly quit and gave me the win. So how is that the community being toxic and only being self-serving???

    I think you completely agree with me although you don’t know it yourself yet. You continue to play the game after an equaliser, that is the way it should be imo. But you’re one of those exceptions if I see this and other threads. Most of the golden goal boys quit after an equaliser, explain me which part is helping the community in that case please? It’s self interest and actually is not a surprise because it’s the same “community” that would sell their own mother for a rare mega pack.
  • If you celebrate doing that duck/chicken thing. Then we are drawing
  • Diddymow
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    Aspas10 wrote: »
    If you celebrate doing that duck/chicken thing. Then we are drawing

    If you celebrate then we are drawing.
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up
    GLAN12 wrote: »
    I really don’t think people should be having to explain themselves for wanting to finish games of Fifa .
    Very strange mentality from some of the player base at time. I’m enjoying using different squads and cards . Sometimes I really just want to enjoy a game with them ? Is that so much of a crime

    Do it in another mode then. It’s obvious swaps are being played as golden goal.
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up
    Hulk43 wrote: »
    LOL. Everyone a few days ago was calling this a "gentlemens agreement" like it was something great.

    This "gentlemens agreement" is with the same toxic community that abuses the game for wins and coins.

    I realised last night playing that if you dont leave after the first goal, the other person keeps pausing and if you equialise, they quit the game so no one gets anything.


    ...

    Obv they do that, you broke the ‘gentleman’s agreement’.... good lord, do you hear yourself.
  • dengah109
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    FryingPan wrote: »

    I think you completely agree with me although you don’t know it yourself yet. You continue to play the game after an equaliser, that is the way it should be imo. But you’re one of those exceptions if I see this and other threads. Most of the golden goal boys quit after an equaliser, explain me which part is helping the community in that case please? It’s self interest and actually is not a surprise because it’s the same “community” that would sell their own mother for a rare mega pack.

    Most? Who knows to be honest! I take your point though, I just play the game out if thats what the opponent wants to do. Im certainly not of the attitude that just because I'd rather play 1st goal wins that my opponent should too. I can think of only 1 game where I quit when they equalised and that was a combination of him choosing a stupid ball (which would normally make me quit at the start anyway tbf in a friendly mode) and then they did a stupid OTT celebration and I was like you know what I dont need this and moved on to the next game instead.

    I can only talk from experience on this particular objective and in 85%-90% of games the 1st goal has decided it from either side, it hasnt been toxic and like I say if someone clearly better than me quits when I score the 1st goal that is a good example of the community helping one another.
    Granted like any game mode you get the a*****les but on this one so far I have been lucky.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    GLAN12 wrote: »
    I really don’t think people should be having to explain themselves for wanting to finish games of Fifa .
    Very strange mentality from some of the player base at time. I’m enjoying using different squads and cards . Sometimes I really just want to enjoy a game with them ? Is that so much of a crime

    This game is a complete shambles they need to just axe objectives and icon swaps. It just turns into a farcical race into who can do them quickest. Why didn't Brighton just pack up and go home after Leicester city scored a couple of goals up on them last night you are completely right mate.
  • ToiletChimp
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lol there's only like 5% of the community who actually like playing games. Whatever happened to just sitting down to enjoy playing fifa rather than just being sweaty and trying to exploit every conceivable mechanic in the game?

    You could probably safely bet that 9/10 of the people doing golden goal don't even use whatever rewards they get from the swap packs and just return to playing with their 4231 3 depth drop back EPL teams with Mendy and Varane at the back.

    Bunch of weird freaks.
  • BlactionMan
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kennyy wrote: »
    If someone plays me and scores first using a stupid coloured ball, i'll definitely equalise and quit.

    So you care more about annoying a stranger than your own game?

    Correct, I also wont quit if they watch a celebration or pause expecting me to quit
  • TheTruth23
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I also concede first most of the time. So what are your options?
    Go to the next game and concede again, because its all about high press. Or you stay in the game, so your opponent can quit if you score an equalizer.

    If you want to leave a game, fine, but make sure your opponent gets the win otherwise you wasting his time.

    I have the feeling that people think that I waste there time, because I actually play the game, I paid for. So most of the people are just very selfish.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3952 posts National Call-Up
    Considering they have mystery ball etc it's a pity they don't have a mode which is 1st goal wins and put some objectives in that. At least that would promote people to attack.

    Haven't actually played any of the mystery ball etc so it might already be in there.
Sign In or Register to comment.