That moment when you just give up with the community

Torminator
1631 posts Play-Off Hero
Im doing the friendly coman challenge and alteady have all objectives besides 15 games an assist. Decide to be nice two times in a row by giving them 4 goals at the start.

.... they park sweat the bus, tackle me when through on goal (yellow card) . They do everything to stop me from scoring one goal.....

What is wrong with this community?

Comments

• Hippyboy6
    19932 posts Club Captain
    Just message them, I've found most help, especially if you're offering a win in exchange for 1 goal. Most friendlies start with the message "what do you need, I need this"
  • Sky Blue Army #CCFC
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I changed my team name to 1 Assist U WIN, gave them an own goal or sometimes 2 at kick-off and after a few minutes of me moving my goalie out of the way to allow them to score easily they tend to get the idea and let me score my assist. I then rubberband to allow them to complete any other objectives they have (headers, crosses etc.) I don't have any messages turned on so this seemed the easiest way to get this completed quickly. You still some idiots who celebrate every goal, but even they get bored eventually.
  • Torminator wrote: »
    Im doing the friendly coman challenge and alteady have all objectives besides 15 games an assist. Decide to be nice two times in a row by giving them 4 goals at the start.

.... they park sweat the bus, tackle me when through on goal (yellow card) . They do everything to stop me from scoring one goal.....

What is wrong with this community?

Absolutely there with you. Needed only 1 goal (not even finesse or cross) let the guy go n goals up (limited only by him to 5 in the first half) and he wouldn't let me score. I was fortunate that he plays worse than me, so I scored one and just let him be.

On the other hand, last three games I needed only 1 goal each, and two games before that one I had very cooperative opponents.

Btw, my messages are turned off, so I usually hint with an own goal that I don't need to win.
  • lewspaz
    1413 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm all for giving people goals etc for objectives but I don't have a clue why people let the opponent go and score 5+ goals at the start. Everyone knows how toxic the community can be so don't be surprised when they start sweating it after.

If your gonna let people score then at least make sure you do one at a time
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    So you score own goals and then expect them to give you one so you can rubber band your controller? Yeaaah, some people rather just play the game..
  • Avit32
    1142 posts Professional
    The community is disgusting. Had a guy message me begging for a goal. And I said sure I need goals too.

So I let him score his goals and he then proceeds to try hard and refuses to let me score. Then messages me after the game saying 😂😂😂 cry noob. Like wtf
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don’t let anyone Do their objectives easy. It takes the whole part of challenge away and I actually enjoy the grind. What else is there to do on Fifa really
  • Torminator
    1631 posts Play-Off Hero
    I see there is a mixed response. Well now i just try to play as if i need 15 winst instead of 7 and go 1-0 up asap so they hopefully quit. Guess thats how its supposed to be played.
  • lewspaz wrote: »
    I'm all for giving people goals etc for objectives but I don't have a clue why people let the opponent go and score 5+ goals at the start. Everyone knows how toxic the community can be so don't be surprised when they start sweating it after.

If your gonna let people score then at least make sure you do one at a time

yeah, but when you do it like that the opponent can sweat because he thinks you can catch him. Honestly, i had people score an own goal, let me score whatever I need and then trying to win. Probably the best is to let someone 2 or 3 up, not more

regarding the giving up. Most guys give up at 2-0. Except when you play with EFL squad. Then it's closer to 4-0
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    I message at the start to see if there willing to cooperate
    If not I’ll just DC myself, I’m not wasting time on toxic morons

4/5 people in friendlies will trade goals/objectives if you ask them to
  • nj10
    2864 posts National Call-Up
    Just play the game, it’s not hard to get an assist.
  • I don't know. I'm not a bad person, but I still want to play a proper match with these objectives and earn whatever is in the end. "Arranged" matches are quite boring tbh. I do sometimes give goals if I don't have to win.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    Can't agree, not the opponents job to placate you early doors and let you rubber band it imo.
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    LiamSully wrote: »

So Im a toxic moron if I rather play the game than cooperate with the objectives?
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    pekkaa88 wrote: »

So Im a toxic moron if I rather play the game than cooperate with the objectives?

Yeah... Play the game the way they want you to you toxic moron you :trollface:
  • GoodnightIrene

And then he DC's to prevent them getting a win, pot kettle black on that toxic moron comment Liam pal.
  • Kevin
    1839 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just give him one goal at the start, if he lets me score after that then we have a deal, if not, it's game on.
  • AULERT
    1462 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just play it out if it's a problem!
  • LuckyCraig
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I felt bad for beating somebody 7-0 yesterday. I was clearly playing better so I dont know why they didn't quit. Isnt it just easier and much quicker for all involved to forfeit once 2 goals down?

I've been quiting to let people get their wins quickly.
  • Mrhey31
    3009 posts National Call-Up
    I never let anybody win. I also don’t help people do their objectives. I play this game because I like to play the game. If that means you give me 3 goals you’re welcome to it, but I will fight every goal you try to make.
    Why? Because I like to play the game.... if you’re doing the ‘objectives’ that’s your problem. Same with people on COD trying to rank quicker, just play the game.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    I never let anybody win. I also don’t help people do their objectives. I play this game because I like to play the game. If that means you give me 3 goals you’re welcome to it, but I will fight every goal you try to make.
    Why? Because I like to play the game.... if you’re doing the ‘objectives’ that’s your problem. Same with people on COD trying to rank quicker, just play the game.

giphy.gif
  • Mrhey31 wrote: »

You get a lot of thrill in beating someone who isn't trying to win? Weekend league and rivals is where I play the game and test myself, silver lounge is where I enjoy relaxed gameplay, friendlies is where I do my little bit to help the community be that little bit less toxic.
  • GoodnightIrene
    Sir Lew1s wrote: »

You get a lot of thrill in beating someone who isn't trying to win? Weekend league and rivals is where I play the game and test myself, silver lounge is where I enjoy relaxed gameplay, friendlies is where I do my little bit to help the community be that little bit less toxic.
    I get a thrill in beating someone like that for sure.

It fills me with joy knowing they feel entitled to some free goals or something because they scored some own goals, then watching the realisation settle in for them when they try to walk through for a free goal before my drop back 1 depth defender cleans them out. At that point I proceed to slow the game down as much as possible and watch them flail about for that goal they are ever so entitled for.

But that's just me.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    When I face Bundes teams, as I know they need a goal in 15, I'll let them get a goal near the end of I'm smashing them. It can be a rough grind and tbf, I've also encountered people who will hook me up.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    I let people do what they want if I have done my objectives.

I am too nice for my own good though and it is rarely reciprocated!!

Fact is, it is everyone's prerogative to play however they want really. There is no special code unless it is ban worthy.

Personally, I despise the toxic stuff that you get most games, with the pauses and waiting for kick-off/half time etc, but if it's there people will unfortunately use it.

Best to concentrate on what you are in control of and try not to get too stressed about things that are out of your hands.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020

I get a thrill in beating someone like that for sure.

It fills me with joy knowing they feel entitled to some free goals or something because they scored some own goals, then watching the realisation settle in for them when they try to walk through for a free goal before my drop back 1 depth defender cleans them out. At that point I proceed to slow the game down as much as possible and watch them flail about for that goal they are ever so entitled for.

But that's just me.

If the card was a game breaker I can maybe get behind this mentality, but they are normally far worse than the current meta and its more of a collection than an enabler for future wins.

I get filled with more joy from making another random player smile that they were able to relax for those 5 minutes. I'm also that guy that gives free weekend league wins after getting G3.

Each to their own.

I like that attitude.

Am also someone who hopes that by helping someone out a bit, it will spread a bit of joy. Such a miserable and selfish community at times, that it is nice to do something decent now and again.
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner

If you’re playing the friendly MM mode without doing the objectives, then yes, you are totally a toxic moron
    Go show your superiority in WL or rivals ffs...
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

If you’re playing the friendly MM mode without doing the objectives, then yes, you are totally a toxic moron
    Go show your superiority in WL or rivals ffs...

I don't think that is what he was saying at all. He's saying that he's not toxic if he chooses to play the game for the objectives, but without helping people out.

Believe it or not, some people like the challenge of playing the objectives as they were intended to be played.

I personally don't mind helping people with objectives, but I'll make sure I see daylight first. I've been screwed too many times to be a FIFA philanthropist these day.
  • aberry1000
    2377 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't even bother with them anymore... not worth the hassle of playing people who try and stop you completing