The English Football League Lounge 2022/23

Comments

• james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    oh, and posh are rubbish
  • Dizzy Bala
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    On the one hand, I think that it's pretty sad that after being away from football for two thirds of a year, the first thing those Millwall fans decided to do was boo taking a knee to support BLM. Just such a deliberate and obvious outpouring of negativity for a real world issue. I don't think for a second all Millwall fans think and act like that though.

On the other hand, I look at stuff like this and even Rainbow Laces and think, is it really the players and clubs that should be driving these changes? VAR is a football issue, ticket prices is a football issue. Movements and issues like these are social issues, issues that start outside of the turnstiles. I think the governing bodies (FIFA, EFL, FA) and the government in general could do so much more than we as football fans can.

I think the majority of football fans in 2020, myself included, really don't care what skin colour someone has or what their sexual preference is or what gender they identify as. We just want to go to the football, support our team and have a good time.
  • NornIron
    15541 posts World Class
    edited December 2020
    The fans thing is a joke, Chelsea fans two seats apart, yet the irish league stadiums have to be at least five, Chelsea stadium 10x bigger.
  • james2060
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    I think the majority of football fans in 2020, myself included, really don't care what skin colour someone has or what their sexual preference is or what gender they identify as. We just want to go to the football, support our team and have a good time.

I agree, if they're wearing your clubs jersey, these people can associate themselves with the players.
    I'm kinda glad kneeling isn't enforced on league one and two (Don't know about the Champ?) as it'll be quite widespread with fans returning. I'm sure it would happen at Posh. But then it proves why it still needs to happen
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2020
    Does anyone here have Sky Sports and 2 spare Sky Go device slots? Trying to find someone I can give some money to each month to use 2 of their 4 slots but none of my mates have Sky :confounded:

Shoot me a PM if interested!
  • They Caged Non
    6548 posts Big Money Move
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Does anyone here have Sky Sports and 2 spare Sky Go device slots? Trying to find someone I can give some money to each month to use 2 of their 4 slots but none of my mates have Sky :confounded:

You get 4 slots? I’ve only got 2 with mine, I think it may only be sky Q that gets 4
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero

You get 4 slots? I’ve only got 2 with mine, I think it may only be sky Q that gets 4

Depends on your package, I think you get sky go extra with some packages that have 4 slots.

For the last 7 years I’ve used my Dad’s, he never knew, and now he’s been and cancelled sky sports off his package :lol:
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4371 posts National Call-Up
    Well what could have been an exciting successful season for us is rapidly declining into a bit of a shambles.

We're a joke on the pitch and an even bigger one off of it. Sick to death of the same knuckle dragging ❤️❤️❤️❤️ pulling my club through the mud time and time again. I sincerely hope if/when the booing reoccurs tomorrow night, those partaking are identified and banned.

It has wound me up a bit though that QPR were about to pull a u-turn on no longer taking the knee.

Anyway, hopefully 3 points tomorrow.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4195 posts National Call-Up
    Well what could have been an exciting successful season for us is rapidly declining into a bit of a shambles.

We're a joke on the pitch and an even bigger one off of it. Sick to death of the same knuckle dragging ❤️❤️❤️❤️ pulling my club through the mud time and time again. I sincerely hope if/when the booing reoccurs tomorrow night, those partaking are identified and banned.

It has wound me up a bit though that QPR were about to pull a u-turn on no longer taking the knee.

Personally I would agree with Les at this point, the message has lost its original purpose and at this point is just done so clubs or the FA can say 'they are doing their part' or whatever.

I will add however QPR doing a u-turn for next game seems like the right choice after the events that transpired last week, as I suppose the message more so takes on its original meaning.

Just my opinions on the matter of course pals but who am I to judge x
  • They Caged Non

Personally I would agree with Les at this point, the message has lost its original purpose and at this point is just done so clubs or the FA can say 'they are doing their part' or whatever.

I will add however QPR doing a u-turn for next game seems like the right choice after the events that transpired last week, as I suppose the message more so takes on its original meaning.

Just my opinions on the matter of course pals but who am I to judge x

Im not condoning the actions of those fans, certain sections of Millwall's fanbase are well known for this type of behaviour... BUT, the actual Black Lives Matter movement are a very controversial organisation and some of their policy's/beliefs are quite frankly alarming, so in that respect they are going to attract negative attention. If players want to make a statement about racism and equality they would do well to move away from this group of idiots and somehow make that statement another way, and in that process will probably get less negativity from certain sections of football fans.
  • GoodnightIrene
    Yes obviously all for support and solidarity without going too over the top and diluting the message, but I why not do so through organisations such as Say No To Racism and Kick It Out etc. who have proven to be non-political with the right motivations etc. But again, I think that's the case of the message getting lost and people/teams doing the action for the sake of it without even realising what the organisation is behind it.
  • They Caged Non
    Yes obviously all for support and solidarity without going too over the top and diluting the message, but I why not do so through organisations such as Say No To Racism and Kick It Out etc. who have proven to be non-political with the right motivations etc. But again, I think that's the case of the message getting lost and people/teams doing the action for the sake of it without even realising what the organisation is behind it.

Yeah definitely... and the guy who kicked it all off was hardly a pillar of his community was he. The cause is brilliant, they have just chosen the wrong organisation to tie it to and the wrong person to put on a pedestal. I don’t think the full story will ever come out with regards to that George Floyd, the truth won’t fit in with what many people want to hear.
  • GoodnightIrene
    In more positive news we have made the Southern QFs of the PJ Trophy so that's a semi decent chance of getting to Wembley still on the cards.

Usually wouldn't care about this competition but this year I think clubs need all the money they can get.
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    Sup folks
    Been a good job I've not been posting its been more of the same really, decent performances ruined by weird negativity by the manager but oh well
    through in the Papa Johns trophy too although I doubt it will be a 3peat as we are playing the kids now
    so thats one less team in the way of the Gas I would think
  • Handy Andy
    6332 posts Big Money Move
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Sup folks
    Been a good job I've not been posting its been more of the same really, decent performances ruined by weird negativity by the manager but oh well
    through in the Papa Johns trophy too although I doubt it will be a 3peat as we are playing the kids now
    so thats one less team in the way of the Gas I would think

who are you
  • Retro1989
    7487 posts League Winner
    Forest officially the worst team in the league since the restart. Get in! Knew you could do it.
    tenor.gif
  • james2060
    In more positive news we have made the Southern QFs of the PJ Trophy so that's a semi decent chance of getting to Wembley still on the cards.

Usually wouldn't care about this competition but this year I think clubs need all the money they can get.

Likewise. £10k on playing in the QF, 20k if you make the SF. Doesn't seem a lot, but seeing the amount clubs make from iFollow puts it in to perspective.

Happy to be going back to London Road this weekend. We have the city in tier 2 but some of the surrounding areas in tier 3 so at least half of season ticket holders either aren't allowed or have taken a refund on their ST. So for the time being any ST holder in tier 2 can go to all games without having a ballot. Will be strange for sure, but can't wait to be back
  • AaronMFC
    2682 posts Fans' Favourite
    Our good start to the season is more than over absolute pathetic the last 3 away games. The defence isnt playing well anymore and the attack is pretty much the same as it has been for many years.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Our good start to the season is more than over absolute pathetic the last 3 away games. The defence isnt playing well anymore and the attack is pretty much the same as it has been for many years.

Yeah we have been truly terrible lately, Woodgate levels of bad.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Another absolute smash and grab last night, sounds like we were absolutely dominated, Armstrong had more shots than our entire team :lol:
  • Dizzy Bala
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    Hughton Out.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Hughton Out.

Lol imagine wanting Hughton :flushed:
  • mott1993
    962 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2020
    Another absolute smash and grab last night, sounds like we were absolutely dominated, Armstrong had more shots than our entire team :lol:

Can't agree with that. Yes Blackburn may have had more of the play in general and looked slightly more dangerous but dominated is not the word I would use. I think that was one of our better performances. I can only remember one or two significant saves Bentley had to make and the vast majority of Armstrong's/Blackburn's shots were outside the box and never hit the target.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    mott1993 wrote: »

Can't agree with that. Yes Blackburn may have had more of the play in general and looked slightly more dangerous but dominated is not the word I would use. I think that was one of our better performances. I can only remember one or two significant saves Bentley had to make and the vast majority of Armstrong's/Blackburn's shots were outside the box and never hit the target.

Fair shout mate. Couldn’t get the vpn working so was going off of the occasional bit of sky commentary and what mates were texting me! Saw the highlights earlier and looked like we had our share of decent chances too.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4371 posts National Call-Up
    AaronMFC wrote: »

Yeah we have been truly terrible lately, Woodgate levels of bad.

At least you can both look forward to 3 points on Saturday.
  • AtomicOdin
    1210 posts Professional
    Although we are in tier 3 we have allowed 2000 season ticket holders to get tickets for our game at home to Cambridge next Saturday. Guessing the club knows something nobody else does as you cant have fans in the ground when in tier 3.

Either we are coming out of tier 3 or changes are being made to allow fans in to grounds. saw a post on one of our fan pages this morning claiming changes are being made to elite level football with regards to fans being allowed back into stadiums. Cant remember what exactly he claimed but it was to do with fans being allowed back to games in the top 7 levels even in tier 3.
  • NornIron
    15541 posts World Class
    edited December 2020
    If anyone's stuck for football tonight Larne v Linfield top two in the irish league on bbc iplayer/website at 7.45.
    For anyone that doesn't know Larne are the millionaires trying to buy the league.

Linfield 1-0 up great goal.

3-1 larne Ref getting 50% of the ticket sales.
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • Nem
    8171 posts League Winner
    Up the Larne.