Will EA ever make a good football game again?

MarkusG
591 posts An Exciting Prospect
Or will it just be 1 depth, one long pass down the pitch every year for the foreseeable future?

Comments

  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    Yes, I think they well if they have the license for long enough.

    Will probably be more luck than competence though.

  • RedDevilNL
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    Seems to me like they make one every year then patch it out of existence.
  • I SiR MartY I
    6957 posts Big Money Move
    Nope. No reason to improve it how they used to when its guaranteed money releasing it in any state.

    They're going to rake in around a billion on UT, so no reason to change anything.
  • pes1972
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I´m enjoying fifa 21 a lot in it´s recent state, especially the 77 rated limit objectives. To bad this forum is mostly for the people that would complain no matter what the game would look like
  • Wegonaget
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    pes1972 wrote: »
    I´m enjoying fifa 21 a lot in it´s recent state, especially the 77 rated limit objectives. To bad this forum is mostly for the people that would complain no matter what the game would look like

    And yet you're id is pes 😆 people can come on here and talk about the be it positive or negative its a forum of opinions
  • hammycfc
    815 posts Professional
    No it’s like PES it was amazing for years then 09 it was all downhill I’ve only liked fifa from 10/19 I liked every pes till 09
  • Mmandras
    4929 posts Big Money Move
    Of course they will.

    This one is not all that bad either, to be honest. It started as a solid simulation, but as usual, people exploit mechanics and better cards makes it speed fest. Servers could be better and there's space for improvement in terms of mechanics (defense, ball bouncing back to attacker etc).
  • RadioShaq
    17576 posts Moderator
    This year is fun with all the silvers and friendlies making it more casual. So I could see ea making more games like this.
  • ProfanPes
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    This year is fun with all the silvers and friendlies making it more casual. So I could see ea making more games like this.

    We’re talking about the trash gameplay though
  • Wi1son73
    3521 posts National Call-Up
    hammycfc wrote: »
    No it’s like PES it was amazing for years then 09 it was all downhill I’ve only liked fifa from 10/19 I liked every pes till 09

    I loved the days where we had online league setup for pro evo.. The guy that ran it was Davo or something similar.. I’m sure they still do it with fifa..

    Pes 6 was just the bogs Bolicks.. played that game even when pes8-9 was poor..
  • KiddieBlue
    665 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Depends what is "good" in your opinion. If by that you mean "will they ever make a good football game that I fantasied about in my head in which I win majority of my games" then the answer is no, they will never make a good football game by your standard. In fact, no company on Earth can.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2020
    KiddieBlue wrote: »
    Depends what is "good" in your opinion. If by that you mean "will they ever make a good football game that I fantasied about in my head in which I win majority of my games" then the answer is no, they will never make a good football game by your standard. In fact, no company on Earth can.

    How about if I just fantasise of winning and losing fairly? I would rather lose 100% of games fairly than how it is now where one team gets boosted by connection or exploits or overpowered unrealistic skill moves.
    Being bad and losing at something and getting better is half the fun/satisfaction.
Sign In or Register to comment.