Anyone given up? and it’s only November

Neymar10101
274 posts Sunday League Hero
This game is broken and it’s only just kicked off. Gameplay was brilliant at the start but since 5 unnecessary patches later it feels like Fifa 20 again. Button delay happens when I have full bars and 15 ping, ball control and passing need a whole change over

Praise where it’s due, menu activities have been spot on this year with some brilliant editions but gameplay has been woeful and I’ve lost all confidence that this company can deliver a a game where it’s fixed on day one but throughout the year

Comments

• Bapinho
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    im getting close to it tbh. All the menu grinding stuff is dead this year due to league sbcs etc. player sbcs are mostly way overpriced, my main reason to buy this fifa was that icon sbcs would come back so i expected the gullits; R9's and cruyff etc to be way less coins this year (werent their icon sbcs somethin like 3 mil?) and theyre even more expensive then last year. WL rewards are terrible week in and week out, havent packed even one special card this year.
  • Gavalarrrr
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm really considering it.
    Its unplayable.
    First few weeks I'd say it was one of the best FIFAs they'd made. Great gameplay, good content.

Then league Sbcs came out and about 80% of Sbcs were untradeable.

Then constant patching and delay has deemed the game unplayable in its current state.

It really is a shame for us hard-core fans who have stuck throughout every year since the early days (for me FIFA 03 being my earliest). The franchise has been ruined by greed.
  • Avit32
    963 posts Professional
    I am very close. Been playing fifa since fifa 95 on the mega drive. Yes that long lol. The ai blocking is soul destroying. More so when you’re all over them but it’s block after block after block
  • Prettyfly
    877 posts Professional
    edited November 2020
    Sold it couple of weeks ago now and have to say it’s been great playing other stuff. I pop on here every so often mainly for the entertainment value and seeing all the negative comments showing that my action was 1000% the right choice
  • BigH82
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This game is broken and it’s only just kicked off. Gameplay was brilliant at the start but since 5 unnecessary patches later it feels like Fifa 20 again. Button delay happens when I have full bars and 15 ping, ball control and passing need a whole change over

Praise where it’s due, menu activities have been spot on this year with some brilliant editions but gameplay has been woeful and I’ve lost all confidence that this company can deliver a a game where it’s fixed on day one but throughout the year

You’ve hit the nail on the head here, 1 out 7 games I enjoy the rest are pants

Menus and player objectives etc pretty good, would be better if split over all modes not just friendlies

But the gameplay 😳 shocking
  • BigH82
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Avit32 wrote: »
    I am very close. Been playing fifa since fifa 95 on the mega drive. Yes that long lol. The ai blocking is soul destroying. More so when you’re all over them but it’s block after block after block

Snap mate take me back to then best game ever

This one just looks good
  • Gavalarrrr
    Just uninstalled.
    There is zero point in playing until this game is fixed.
  • Prettyfly
    877 posts Professional
    Quit on Saturday. Posted the game today after selling on eBay.
    It gets close to 6pm and my mind still thinks 'ooh check the app'. And I'm messing on my phone and end up on these forums out of habit. It's sad how much mental space a game takes up. And one that doesn't even function properly or isn't fair. It's just such a negative experience for your mental being.
    I can feel and remember how i'm much better off without it after just a couple of days of knowing it's gone.

Feel same until this game is completely overhauled including background nonsense I won’t be back
  • Diddymow
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    Think I've just hit the point of stopping tonight. Every match feels the same, my pack luck seems to have run out and getting the required number of games played on Rivals and SBs feels like a chore now. The fun has stopped, time to play something else.
  • Gavalarrrr
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    I've uninstalled the game. There's no fun in the game anymore it's just embarrassing how bad fifa actually is

Same here.
    I'm playing 20 and the gameplay is so smooth.
    How has 21 gotten that unplayable?
  • rikstar
    446 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Been struggling real bad this past week trying to work through the player objectives as i am not tempted to do most of the players sbcs' due to being way overpriced, but gameplay this week has been atrocious! I am someone who only really plays the online modes late at night (uk time) as i would presume less players are on the game and servers are less crowded. Boy am i wrong! I have not had a worse time of it this past week with almost every game (in friendlies) being complete rubbish. Delay in everything i am trying to do. Getting trashed 5 to 6-0 in most game whilst barely getting out of my own half as none of my players can kick the ball more than a couple of feet even when i put full power on them.

Admittedly, in friendlies i'm not using the highest of rated players obviously but i should still be able to pass the ball along the ground where i have aimed but the game decides for me and even when i can pass to where i want, my players don't move to where i want or even at all.

Even with all this mess i am still going to grind for these players as there is still over 30 days to get them. Here's hoping for some good gameplay from here on out.
  • Gavalarrrr
    rikstar wrote: »
    Been struggling real bad this past week trying to work through the player objectives as i am not tempted to do most of the players sbcs' due to being way overpriced, but gameplay this week has been atrocious! I am someone who only really plays the online modes late at night (uk time) as i would presume less players are on the game and servers are less crowded. Boy am i wrong! I have not had a worse time of it this past week with almost every game (in friendlies) being complete rubbish. Delay in everything i am trying to do. Getting trashed 5 to 6-0 in most game whilst barely getting out of my own half as none of my players can kick the ball more than a couple of feet even when i put full power on them.

Admittedly, in friendlies i'm not using the highest of rated players obviously but i should still be able to pass the ball along the ground where i have aimed but the game decides for me and even when i can pass to where i want, my players don't move to where i want or even at all.

Even with all this mess i am still going to grind for these players as there is still over 30 days to get them. Here's hoping for some good gameplay from here on out.

It's the same here. The Last week has just been filled with delay. Forced myself to uninstall it tonight.

Unplayable in its current state.
    Was a good few opening weeks but this is it, earliest I've had to uninstall a FIFA.

Sad to say this game isn't the same anymore.
  • Rolandinho
    1017 posts Professional
    The game went from "oh one of the better fifa's to "back to the roots".

• Swanz05
    4178 posts National Call-Up
    For anyone uninstalling the game, if you're serious why bother without deleting your club? Serious question. Is it just to free up disc space or is it to avoid the temptation to just load & play?
  • Rolandinho
    1017 posts Professional
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    For anyone uninstalling the game, if you're serious why bother without deleting your club? Serious question. Is it just to free up disc space or is it to avoid the temptation to just load & play?

I guess all the aspects you mentioned
  • sturges12345
    4507 posts National Call-Up
    Patches didn’t do anything to make the game worse. The only thing that changed is people learnt the meta tactics and exploits. Happens every year and people blame a non existent patch
  • Wurrsmycash
    1182 posts Professional
    The blocking and team press along with favourable bounces to attacking players are the top issues st the moment.

In the last 50-75 games haven't seen a goal outside the box....
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    When I played a game where the guy juggled almost the whole game while I strained to stop him ... and then he juggled a goal with 1 second left ... that was it ... this the most broken game I have seen in my life. It makes Fallout 76 like Game of the Year.
  • Azof
    19381 posts World Class
    Uninstalled it tonight no matter what players I tried or what form couldn't find any fun what so ever. Not worth the stress.

All that time wasting trading to 5m+ ffs
  • Gavalarrrr
    Azof wrote: »
    Uninstalled it tonight no matter what players I tried or what form couldn't find any fun what so ever. Not worth the stress.

All that time wasting trading to 5m+ ffs

My point too.
    The delay has ruined the game and its been 8 days since I had a smooth game. There's just no point when I can't use my team properly due to packet loss through the servers.

EA had the chance to get more servers.
    Nothing will change. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ shambles
  • ozcs_69
    4431 posts National Call-Up
    this game makes me sick, will be selling everything out soon and either comeback in january or tots time
  • joehuk
    5191 posts Big Money Move
    Played around 5 games all last week, rest of my off wow time was on menus.

Game is just not really that fun.

I'll be back playing games for toty onwards potentially but not guaranteed.

• Phodri
    612 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Didnt finish my WL, first time in years, was unplayable.
    Add undeserved losses thru auto blocks to that...
    So i guess im getting close to quitting...
  • JWNYsg
    5418 posts Big Money Move
    given up on friendlies and rivals unless really objectives i want

WL and SB still keeps me busy
  • Jagod84
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Deleted my club in Fut.. Been playing Fut since 2011 and first time did this.. Earlier uninstalled this game two times, but kept coming back. Could take bad pack luck, rng or toxic community but constant delay was final nail in a coffin. Game was good at beginning but overcrowded servers and onesided delay ruins all fun and fairness.
  • FifaProDK
    1508 posts Play-Off Hero
    10 more days and i'm out! Hello Cyberpunk!
  • Swanz05
    4178 posts National Call-Up
    This game. No big deal but selling up & having a wee break which I've never felt the need to do before. Even sold Cantona. Over being a bleary-eyed Fifa monkey for a while 🐵
  • john_d_efc
    1068 posts Professional
    FifaProDK wrote: »
    10 more days and i'm out! Hello Cyberpunk!

Can't wait for this game, if it gets delayed again I'll cry but I'd rather it be delayed and work than released in a bad state.

I play Warzone alot and no matter how bad that game goes I never lose my cool, FIFA is the only game that does