Has anyone ever had a 0-0 or 1-0 in this game?

Sky Blue Army #CCFC
156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
It's become so arcade like it's crazy. This game isn't football anymore, it's just abuse mechanics.

It doesn't matter how many goals ahead you are in the Live FUT Friendlies; they will always come back at you. I have had countless games today of over 7 goals each, I won one 11-10 this morning in 90 mins! Just stupid.

I have since lost about 15 games straight and it doesn't matter how many goals up I am, I end up conceding with soft penalties and countless finesse shots from the corners of the box. The keepers are helpless.

The infuriating ball jugglers, drag-backers and maddening celebrations have never brought me so close to quitting the game I have played for so many years, and on the whole enjoyed, for all its faults.

Please let's get this back to a decent football game - we surely don't want stadium customisations to the extent of line colours and trophies. We don't need inane goal songs and glitter cannons, nor do we need anything other than decent footballs to play with - not doughnuts, cushions and miniature ones too! Who wants Tifo's of cats, bats and bears ffs?!

Maybe it's the direction they have decided to take the game in, but if so, it's not for me.

A real shame. Rant over.

Comments

• Adifunky
    909 posts Professional
    I won earlier 3-0.. Clean sheet! Couldn't believe it so I took a pic.
  • Fifapayne
    6463 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah all the time...
  • Thefranchise92
    6649 posts Big Money Move
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Yeah all the time...
    Are you a YTer
  • AlterBridge
    54 posts Park Captain
    I miss the days when you could have tight, hard fought low scoring games. Definitely not had that since the last few patches came out. Like you say, it's so arcadey now, it's not even funny.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Quite often keep a clean sheet tbh.
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Almost every game...
  • phep
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    I find it worrying the amount of times you hear the line “it’s not every day you get to commentate on a game with the score at 5-3”
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    TDOF wrote: »
    Almost every game...

Here's an example

CThXmM9.png

• Fifapayne
    6463 posts Big Money Move
    Almost every game...

Here's an example

CThXmM9.png

Yeah idk why everyone thinks this game is high scoring.
    Sometimes it’s low scoring boring ❤️❤️❤️❤️ games already lol
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    All the time in friendlies. In 5 minutes
  • AlterBridge
    54 posts Park Captain
    Almost every game...

Here's an example

CThXmM9.png

You must be at a God level of defending, then. I was at 2000 skill rating before the latest patch. I could keep clean sheets at times, but since the latest patch, I cannot defend for toffee. Shipping in 3+ a game is usual for me now. Skill rating down to 1700. No idea what's happening to me, but it sucks 🙁
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Almost every game...

Here's an example

CThXmM9.png

You must be at a God level of defending, then. I was at 2000 skill rating before the latest patch. I could keep clean sheets at times, but since the latest patch, I cannot defend for toffee. Shipping in 3+ a game is usual for me now. Skill rating down to 1700. No idea what's happening to me, but it sucks 🙁

Defending is easy.... literally just don't defend and let the AI do everything for you.... That's the game EA has made....

There is no skill to defending, people over complicate it.

I'll be honest though, at the start it was tougher (in early october).... but after patches they made it easier
  • IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2020
    I lost few 1-0 and won few 1-0, they were not pretty nor good for my health.

Imagine losing 1-0 with one of "Those" PKs or losing 1-0 after hitting the post 3 times :joy:
  • Sky Blue Army #CCFC
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've never let the AI defend for me, maybe I should try that - but that's not a game for me. Hey ho
  • Brandnu1
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    W 109 - D 9 - L 118
  • iggypop
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    phep wrote: »
    I find it worrying the amount of times you hear the line “it’s not every day you get to commentate on a game with the score at 5-3”

Literally hear it every game! :smiley:
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Adifunky wrote: »
    I won earlier 3-0.. Clean sheet! Couldn't believe it so I took a pic.

Send a pic I can’t believe it either 😂
  • The_toilet
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Play up sky blueeeeees
  • TDOF wrote: »
    Almost every game...

Here's an example

CThXmM9.png

What happened in this game? Both teams just passing around the box waiting for the other to make an error?
  • Kove
    4847 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2020
    I do but I'm rather defensive by nature so I don't generally have high scoring have.

Plus dramatic moments like hitting the post 87 times a game brings me joy. ;)
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    mr_flibble wrote: »
    Almost every game...

Here's an example

CThXmM9.png

What happened in this game? Both teams just passing around the box waiting for the other to make an error?

Basically just that.... i'm at ~2300 SR and when i do matchup against someone with a similar SR that's basically the whole game.

Just passing around trying to break down busses... and the worst thing is i play balanced 7 depth. But my team still lines up just inside the box.

As soon as you move 1 defender out of position it's over. They made the game so boring.... AI has just too much movement.

• TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    I've never let the AI defend for me, maybe I should try that - but that's not a game for me. Hey ho

If you try manually defend you're at a dissadvantage.... just how EA made the game, maybe if tackles were more rewarding... sure i guess it'd be better.
  • Ballerson
    1548 posts Play-Off Hero

That wasn’t his question....no one asked or gives a damn if you keep a fng clean sheet...this you and others psycho brag forum? Wth is the matter with posters & perps knee deep in this forsaken game? Have to brag & boast in anonymity to feel better about yourselves while ea takes you and your enablers to the clinic??

Zero zero was one part of the fbg question. Or 1 zero.
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional
    Almost every game...

Here's an example

CThXmM9.png

And this is at top level(s) I assume , where is the so called “ taking risks “ ?!
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Royalwhite wrote: »
    Almost every game...

Here's an example

CThXmM9.png

And this is at top level(s) I assume , where is the so called “ taking risks “ ?!

Hard to take risk when your opponent has a free bus parking in his box.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Ballerson wrote: »

That wasn’t his question....no one asked or gives a damn if you keep a fng clean sheet...this you and others psycho brag forum? Wth is the matter with posters & perps knee deep in this forsaken game? Have to brag & boast in anonymity to feel better about yourselves while ea takes you and your enablers to the clinic??

Last I checked winning 1-0 or drawing 0-0 involves *checks notes* keeping a clean sheet.

What's with the anger directed at me anyway? I rarely brag about how good I am at the game because I consider myself to be average, but I keep quite a lot of clean sheets. Is it a crime to say so?
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional
    Royalwhite wrote: »
    Almost every game...

Here's an example

CThXmM9.png

Hard to take risk when your opponent has a free bus parking in his box.

This I agree with
  • Ballerson
    1548 posts Play-Off Hero

Last I checked winning 1-0 or drawing 0-0 involves *checks notes* keeping a clean sheet.

What's with the anger directed at me anyway? I rarely brag about how good I am at the game because I consider myself to be average, but I keep quite a lot of clean sheets. Is it a crime to say so?

Knowles, I was trigger happy, so sorry about the slight rage response. No its not a problem etc to say you keep clean sheets...there’s a lot of false bravado in this forum and in the fifa community, but fake humility is also lame, so kudos to keeping clean sheets... again, my bad in my post to you.
  • Crowie
    1678 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have had one Rivals game that finished 0-0. Division 4. Maybe we were both rubbish?! 😀
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

Knowles, I was trigger happy, so sorry about the slight rage response. No its not a problem etc to say you keep clean sheets...there’s a lot of false bravado in this forum and in the fifa community, but fake humility is also lame, so kudos to keeping clean sheets... again, my bad in my post to you.

Thanks appreciate that.