A Piece Of A Solution

Don_Devries
55 posts Park Captain
Hi All,

My last post went down with some relative success, so I have the confidence to share some of my other big picture ideas and see how they are interpreted by the group.

Some background on me - long time Fifa player with a lot of passion and thoughts. Love the idea behind the concepts on Fifa however not so much on the execution. Just want to help keep the game we all love relevant and enjoyable. With that said grab a cuppa and explore these thoughts with me.

Over the years the investment in to Ultimate has led most of us down this route where it has become almost the only game mode we play. Most people began there journey with Ultimate team as the loved the concept and thoroughly want to achieve there dream of an ultimate team they are proud of. However feel free to read many other posts over the years as to why this hasn’t been achieved, I’m not here so much about the detail of that.

However it can comfortably be said most avenues have been explored whether that be gameplay/content/rewards/competitiveness etc..... the list goes on but people are not feeling overall ‘enjoyment’ with the game. Evident to see from the forums and various social media posts and YouTube videos.

The expectation from the community has changed and rightly so but our needs are not being met. I feel the solution my be closer than we think and with this I come on to my thought around Fifa as a whole.

Ultimate team is ‘FIFA’ and all the other game modes are subsidiaries to this. It is largely accepted and recognised this is the case so give people the full immersive Fifa experience with Ultimate team integration. I believe it would be largely well received but with of course the option to allow offline/single player mode also. Let me elaborate....

Be a pro - have your own pro in ultimate team and a part of your squad with full chemistry links. Allow them to be upgraded in pro clubs mode. (Make it harder to upgrade and put caps etc, I’ll leave you all to work out the balancing side of things). Allow people to play pro clubs and be a pro with benefit from doing so.

Career mode - have your ultimate team embark upon a campaign online. I’m not clear about the details but I’m sure we can put them together. Allow a reward structure based on table placement and qualify in to ‘European tournaments’ for additional rewards. The possibilities are vast here.

Tournament mode - try to win the champions league/ europa league and a reward structure in place again.

So much of the hard work has been done already from EA in creating these game modes that are dying which could see a new lease of life with the injection of Ultimate team integration. I believe the idea of Ultimate team being it own separate game mode needs to come to an end and be widely accepted as just Fifa now. Ultimate team and the player base could benefit as a whole to total Fifa immersion which I can say from my point of view would be of great benefit.

Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

• SeñorCatflap
    1845 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2020
    Be a pro in ultimate team

bdq41.gif

• This is a genuinely positive and well thought out post.
    Some of the ideas are very interesting indeed and the idea of accepting FUT as the main game mode and incorporating everything into that as a way of opening up the rest of the game to what has probably become a closed audience is enlightened. Its also done in a way that shouldn't affect anyone negatively. If you want to just continue to play FUT as FUT then you can.

Enlightened, positive and interesting. Points made without ranting or blaming EA for your dinner being cold.
    A rarity for this forum. Well done!
  • Swanz05
    6061 posts Big Money Move
    This is a genuinely positive and well thought out post.
    Some of the ideas are very interesting indeed and the idea of accepting FUT as the main game mode and incorporating everything into that as a way of opening up the rest of the game to what has probably become a closed audience is enlightened. Its also done in a way that shouldn't affect anyone negatively. If you want to just continue to play FUT as FUT then you can.

Enlightened, positive and interesting. Points made without ranting or blaming EA for your dinner being cold.
    A rarity for this forum. Well done!

A worthy critique. Clearly discourse marked & expressed, with a beginning, middle & conclusion. Subjective points were added but only in relation to those raised on the paper being graded & the tone was authentic & positive. Bravo!