The Football Thread: Champions League Is Back

Comments

• RealM
    8830 posts League Winner
    Time for Hazard to carry the team tonight! He needs to step up.
  • Maradona gave me one of my best moments in Nigeria vs Argentina in the 2018 World Cup
  • Shaanxz
    24318 posts Club Captain
    Vidal you clown
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Vidal you clown

lmao
  • Vidal man ahahahahaha
  • ccooaattssyy
    19890 posts World Class
    RIP Inter
  • Good attack from Atalanta.

But Liverpool is also playing pretty awful. 9 men chillin in defense, but nobody is actually covering anyone.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21725 posts Club Captain
    God this is awful
  • Danic123
    4781 posts National Call-Up
    God this is awful

We have been garbage.
  • AjaxLegends
    6739 posts Big Money Move
    Good news for Ajax that Liverpool loss. Now we just need to beat Atalanta at home, we can't play for a draw.
  • Good news for Ajax that Liverpool loss. Now we just need to beat Atalanta at home, we can't play for a draw.

You play Liverpool first tho?

I hope you beat them, would make things very interesting.
  • Alemas_2012
    25777 posts Player of the Year
    edited November 2020
    Conte's not shaving.
    We all know what happened the last time he stopped shaving.
    This could get ugly between him and Inter.
  • AjaxLegends
    Orison wrote: »
    Good news for Ajax that Liverpool loss. Now we just need to beat Atalanta at home, we can't play for a draw.

That result won't matter. If we beat them a draw would suffice against Atalanta. But Liverpool only needs to beat Midtjylland to advance. Only plus would be that we would have a chance to top the group but that's a pipe dream.
  • sheckLon
    3648 posts National Call-Up

That result won't matter. If we beat them a draw would suffice against Atalanta. But Liverpool only needs to beat Midtjylland to advance. Only plus would be that we would have a chance to top the group but that's a pipe dream.

We could just field our B-team against Liverpool and battle for the win against Atalanta.
  • AjaxLegends
    Caspertjuh wrote: »

We could just field our B-team against Liverpool and battle for the win against Atalanta.

Come on man, all our teams are A+ teams.
  • ccooaattssyy
    19890 posts World Class
    Inter in the mud.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21725 posts Club Captain
    Sorry to burst the bubble but Ajax ain’t winning next week ;)
  • Finesse_4days
    17894 posts World Class
    Derby county are borderline giving me depression :'(
    So sad and angry at the farce we have become.
  • Orison
    75765 posts Icon
    edited November 2020

I mean if you play like you did today then an ajax youth team could have a decent chance.

Haven't seen a team stack 6 men in the middle of the field against a 352/5212 in ages. Those atalanta wingers were loving life with how much space they had.
  • AjaxLegends

Nobody is expecting it and the result won't matter either for us. We just need to beat Atalanta at home and we are second in the group. So there's no bubble to burst.
  • sheckLon
    3648 posts National Call-Up
    Ajax probably will get smashed by a motivated Liverpool side. Dont have any hopes that we can win there. Draw doesnt help us at all, so cant be bothered by that.
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    edited November 2020
    Caspertjuh wrote: »
    Ajax probably will get smashed by a motivated Liverpool side. Dont have any hopes that we can win there. Draw doesnt help us at all, so cant be bothered by that.

I can put a small bet on Liverpool if you need me to. Usually stay away from them but done them tonight and that time Villa beat them 7 or something.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21725 posts Club Captain

I mean if you play like you did today then an ajax youth team could have a decent chance.

Haven't seen a team stack 6 men in the middle of the field against a 352/5212 in ages. Those atalanta wingers were loving life with how much space they had.

Man I’m pretty sure myself and 10 others from on here could have beaten us tonight. But it was a BTEC team so I’m not worried
  • Alemas_2012
    TIL Raul never won the Copa del Rey with Real Madrid.
    Irony of ironies, the season after he left them, they won the Copa del Rey after nearly 20 years, and he won the German Cup with Schalke. :joy:
  • RealM
    8830 posts League Winner
    Thought we played really well last night, makes it even better Vidal gets a red for something stupid. Guy is such an idiot.
  • ccooaattssyy
    19890 posts World Class
    RealM wrote: »
    Thought we played really well last night, makes it even better Vidal gets a red for something stupid. Guy is such an idiot.

Hot head
  • Alemas_2012
    RealM wrote: »

Vidal always seems to have his worst matches/moments against you. :D
  • jenksiee123
    26069 posts Player of the Year
    edited November 2020
    Load of rubbish this tier system
  • Ashy
    23404 posts Club Captain
    Marseille head coach Andre Villas-Boas says FIFA should pay tribute to Diego Maradona by retiring the number 10 shirt for all teams. :D