How do I get enough XP to reach the last Storyline player?

Vanch
1375 posts Play-Off Hero
I've never made it as far as the end in any of the seasons to get a Storyline player, but this season I'm wanting to get Aspas so I'm gonna try.

The problem is, I dont know HOW exactly. Is it a case of literally doing EVERY single objective that gives XP? Or is there an easier way? I dread having to play squad battles and friendlies just for the XP, but I guess if it's required then I'm gonna have to.

Comments

• Double_D
    1006 posts Professional
    Do the weekly stuff (Week 1 gold, etc).
  • Vanch
    1375 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2020
    Double_D wrote: »
    Do the weekly stuff (Week 1 gold, etc).

Is that all I need to do then? Dya think that'll be enough? Like week 1 bronze, silver, gold etc.
  • A5B
    3723 posts National Call-Up
    Weeklies are typically enough, I only make sure to do them. A lot of other XP points are earned just by playing normally
  • Vanch
    1375 posts Play-Off Hero
    That's good to know then, thanks guys.
  • Sujitsky123
    2604 posts Fans' Favourite
    Doing daily objectives alone can give you over 16k xp
  • Illini McG
    1088 posts Professional
    This might be the worst storyline players set ever. I'd wait until next season to give it a go.
  • Air Diddy
    2190 posts Fans' Favourite
    Illini McG wrote: »
    This might be the worst storyline players set ever. I'd wait until next season to give it a go.

I thought that too but closer look they are ok, not great but very usable

The lvl 15 Aidoo CB looks great tbh
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    do the dailies as well.

that's like 600 a day for those 3 objectives
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    the dailys give 24,000 over the season, thats a quater of you xp right there, most people miss that doing a friendly game every day IS worth it.
  • You need to make sure you get to weekly golds and complete them - as they provide loads of XP.

I completed season 1 just doing those and then maybe 20% of the special objectives
  • Callycally
    273 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you pay for EA play which gives you discounted packs then you get a fair bit of xp free aswell. I know this from early access, I’ve cancelled my ea play now though
  • Air Diddy
    Callycally wrote: »
    If you pay for EA play which gives you discounted packs then you get a fair bit of xp free aswell. I know this from early access, I’ve cancelled my ea play now though

3000xp to start season
  • Toonleew
    3744 posts National Call-Up
    Vanch wrote: »
    I've never made it as far as the end in any of the seasons to get a Storyline player, but this season I'm wanting to get Aspas so I'm gonna try.

The problem is, I dont know HOW exactly. Is it a case of literally doing EVERY single objective that gives XP? Or is there an easier way? I dread having to play squad battles and friendlies just for the XP, but I guess if it's required then I'm gonna have to.

😂🐓
  • Air Diddy
    You dont need to do all the objectives

I hardly touched rivals for objectives and ended up with 20,000 xp more than what was required

I did the daily, bronze and silver and a portion of the gold weekly and some of the random xp stuff

• Selgarr
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero
    You definitely have to play online matches.

I only play offline matches. For season 1, I played over 800 matches, did everything possible for XP, and still ended up 23,000 XP short for the level 30 storyline player.
  • Air Diddy
    Selgarr wrote: »

I only play offline matches. For season 1, I played over 800 matches, did everything possible for XP, and still ended up 23,000 XP short for the level 30 storyline player.

Not sure how you ended up so short, i avoided rivals objectives (did some friendlies though) i ended up with 20,000xp more than what was needed for lvl 30
  • Selgarr
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero
    Air Diddy wrote: »
    Selgarr wrote: »

Not sure how you ended up so short, i avoided rivals objectives (did some friendlies though) i ended up with 20,000xp more than what was needed for lvl 30

You miss out on a lot of XP if you only play offline. For example, some weeks you cannot even unlock the gold weekly objectives because one of the silver weekly objectives will be to play a rivals or live fut friendly match. If you do unlock the gold weekly objectives then most of the XP is from Rivals matches. One week I couldn't get past bronze to unlock silver.

I definitely did the maximum possible. I bought a silver inform and scored goals just to get XP (couldn't get a silver inform from objectives because silver inform players from objectives are online live fut friendlies). Played squad battles matches with two mls players to get XP. Played 15 matches in squad battles with first owned players to get XP. Did all of the daily objectives everyday.
  • Primofusion
    1247 posts Professional
    Daily and weekly objectives, plus a few of the other objectives and you will easily get it. When you load fifa up start a friendly vs computer on beginner, score a goal and then charge your pad up while you clean the kitchen or something. Two of the daily objectives done and you’ve maximised your time.

Personally not too fussed about the player rewards, just like getting all of the decent packs towards the later levels.