Investments all gone down the drain?!

Comments

• Thefranchise92
    5655 posts Big Money Move
    Top_Binz wrote: »
    jonkero wrote: »
    Why are the lewandowskis going down :neutral: knew i shouldn’t have invested in him, only got 8 of him but still, thought he would have gone up as he did with the Son POTM

On another note, will cards continue to rise over night ? Or go cheaper

You only need an 87 squad max. If you even need an 91 rated player for that you'll buy oblak.

Yeah I kind of thought mbappe POTM was coming out that’s why I invested and now I’m slightly screwed lol. Hopefully he goes up so I can break even and get rid.
    Lfc23 wrote: »
    FaFiFa wrote: »
    If your happy with the profit u can make take it if not hold on for afew days.

I’ve had my investments for over a month now all bought for 5k and sold for 12k.

7k profit per card am happy with that

Which cards did you sell for 12k?

Thiago silva.

9-D37-D7-B5-E128-47-B2-A5-DB-DAC815379-FC7.png

I was actually going to invest in him but thought he was the cheapest out of all players so he probably won’t go up lol, turns out he actually went up more than the kokes and rodris I got

I’ve had my investments for over a month now all bought for 5k and sold for 12k.

Thiago silva.

Well done I stupidly put 2.5 million into Jords Alba instead
  • Top_Binz
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Why are the lewandowskis going down :neutral: knew i shouldn’t have invested in him, only got 8 of him but still, thought he would have gone up as he did with the Son POTM

You only need an 87 squad max. If you even need an 91 rated player for that you'll buy oblak.

Yeah I kind of thought mbappe POTM was coming out that’s why I invested and now I’m slightly screwed lol. Hopefully he goes up so I can break even and get rid.

Thiago silva.

I was actually going to invest in him but thought he was the cheapest out of all players so he probably won’t go up lol, turns out he actually went up more than the kokes and rodris I got

Thiago silva.

Well he could still go up with the Mid icons due etc, I’d probably sell when you can make abit of prof or even if you’re worried just break even
  • Thefranchise92

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

Well he could still go up with the Mid icons due etc, I’d probably sell when you can make abit of prof or even if you’re worried just break even

I was hoping he would go extinct at 50k because he’s got the Barca pique and busquets links and one of the only 86 with 50k price caps. Should have bought 500 silvas for the 6 mill profit 😅
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seems like it’s died off a bit. No suprise as it's non-repeatable.
    Sold a few who i got a good profit off. And will use the profit of those to buy more fodder when the prices crash again.
  • Thefranchise92
    Boffa wrote: »
    Sold a few who i got a good profit off. And will use the profit of those to buy more fodder when the prices crash again.

They’d be stupid not to release something icon wise repeatable because of clearing people’s clubs out. Makes me think the mid icon will be repeatable they know base aren’t desirably but mid is very decent and will cost maybe 100 more and clean people out.
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    Even if they release something during Black Friday prices on fodder will still go down because of lightening round pack openings?
  • Saiber_Summia
    2585 posts Fans' Favourite
    Happy with few 85 sold around 9k and several 84 at 5k
    Profit not spectacular as an absolute value, but basically doubled the coins invested
  • unxius
    1060 posts Professional

They’d be stupid not to release something icon wise repeatable because of clearing people’s clubs out. Makes me think the mid icon will be repeatable they know base aren’t desirably but mid is very decent and will cost maybe 100 more and clean people out.

Your right , they need to release mid icon sbcs , to get rid of the fodder , otherwise black Friday will flood the game with them too much and will have nothing to use them up . but I cant see that
  • albin231
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    84’s paid off big time. From 1.5 mil to now 4
  • Thefranchise92
    unxius wrote: »

Your right , they need to release mid icon sbcs , to get rid of the fodder , otherwise black Friday will flood the game with them too much and will have nothing to use them up . but I cant see that

You can’t see what? Ominous though because why would they use such a great opportunity to take fodder by making the sbc a one and done
  • Top_Binz

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

I was hoping he would go extinct at 50k because he’s got the Barca pique and busquets links and one of the only 86 with 50k price caps. Should have bought 500 silvas for the 6 mill profit 😅

Lool damn, tjink you was hoping for a bit too much there as nice as it would have been. Yeah I wish I got so many players but oh well, can’t do nothing now lol, let’s hope your albas keep rising.
    albin231 wrote: »

Damn I wish I invested as early as everyone else. Could have sold and been satisfied by now.

You can’t see what? Ominous though because why would they use such a great opportunity to take fodder by making the sbc a one and done

Is the general consensus that mid icon will be repeatable and save us all. If it isnt are we all doomed? Lol
  • albin231
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

Lool damn, tjink you was hoping for a bit too much there as nice as it would have been. Yeah I wish I got so many players but oh well, can’t do nothing now lol, let’s hope your albas keep rising.

Damn I wish I invested as early as everyone else. Could have sold and been satisfied by now.

Is the general consensus that mid icon will be repeatable and save us all. If it isnt are we all doomed? Lol

Was hard to be unassigned for 2x rewards and sbc packs waiting for me, but paid of big time. Still have about 90 85’s Im holding on to for now. They have barely moved
  • Thefranchise92

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

50k too ambitious what’s a reasonable rise for 86 Alba then ?
  • FaFiFa
    1446 posts Play-Off Hero
    One thing that I do not understand is the repeatable/ non repeatable effect. Does everyone genuinely believes that there is considerable amount of people that would do a 500-600 K sbc numerous times if it was repeatable?
  • Thefranchise92
    One thing that I do not understand is the repeatable/ non repeatable effect. Does everyone genuinely believes that there is considerable amount of people that would do a 500-600 K sbc numerous times if it was repeatable?

Yes. The fact people are even doing it shows that. People did it last year and the year before that. There are barely any good icons to get from it
  • Top_Binz

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

He seems to be going for 16k atm so don’t you think 50k is ambitious?
  • Thefranchise92
    edited November 2020

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

Sheeeeet I bought him at 20. So what like 25 ? I just thought highest rated nif lb, Spanish, Barca, links to busquets and pique. Didn’t oblak go from 30k to extinct at 90 last year
  • Top_Binz

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

Sheeeeet I bought him at 20. So what like 25 ?

Yeah considering he’s going for 16k I’d assume his height will be 25k. He may be less or maybe a bit more but yeah you got him for quiet expensive tbh, hopefully he keeps going up during the week and you can get rid eventually
  • Callycally
    267 posts Sunday League Hero

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

Sheeeeet I bought him at 20. So what like 25 ? I just thought highest rated nif lb, Spanish, Barca, links to busquets and pique. Didn’t oblak go from 30k to extinct at 90 last year

50k?! No chance of that, probably not 25 with this current sbc because it’s non repeatable, if there’s another Sbc released such as mid icon, then possibly
  • Alano0031
    692 posts An Exciting Prospect

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

Yeah considering he’s going for 16k I’d assume his height will be 25k. He may be less or maybe a bit more but yeah you got him for quiet expensive tbh, hopefully he keeps going up during the week and you can get rid eventually

He will skyrocket if they release a high rated sbc with a high chemistry requirement but I think the chances of that are pretty slim.
  • Top_Binz
    edited November 2020
    The only cards I had that actually were rising from what I got them were IF Luis Alberto and I listed them up for 25/30k not realising his price has gone up lol and now they’re all gone 😒 still made 7k prof each but still I’m an idiot for not checking. Now I’m stuck with the 86-90s that currently in the air
  • Thefranchise92
    Alano0031 wrote: »

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

He will skyrocket if they release a high rated sbc with a high chemistry requirement but I think the chances of that are pretty slim.

Yeah they did last year but I’m being hopeful. Last year the 86 was 75 chem so yeah.
  • Thefranchise92
    Callycally wrote: »

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

50k?! No chance of that, probably not 25 with this current sbc because it’s non repeatable, if there’s another Sbc released such as mid icon, then possibly

At this point i just want my money back 😂
  • Callycally

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

Keep relisting them you may get lazy buyers, I think there’s another big sbc to come though as the market isn’t inflated as much as previous years for Black Friday.
  • Thefranchise92
    The only cards I had that actually were rising from what I got them were IF Luis Alberto and I listed them up for 25/30k not realising his price has gone up lol and now they’re all gone 😒 still made 7k prof each but still I’m an idiot for not checking. Now I’m stuck with the 86-90s that currently in the air

Nice, Eriksen and lukakuhave pretty much maxed out because of their links so hoping for a higher chem requirement and repeatable they can’t make it too expensive with another squad cos the community will kick off but they can make it more expensive with chem and
  • Thefranchise92

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

Keep relisting them you may get lazy buyers, I think there’s another big sbc to come though as the market isn’t inflated as much as previous years for Black Friday.

Don’t you think as I said that’s a bit weird that they didn’t even take this chance as a first drain? Makes me a bit worried tbh. At this stage I’ve lost 500k
  • Callycally

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

Don’t you think as I said that’s a bit weird that they didn’t even take this chance as a first drain? Makes me a bit worried tbh. At this stage I’ve lost 500k

Firstly you haven’t lost 500k because at some point in the game he will hit 20k and you will break even, just depends if you want to hold him that long, or take your loss and reinvest the coins.

No I think they know people were holding high rated cards and a lot of people had untradeable fodder and this sbc clears out some of that.

They then release another sbc and prices increase, because following this sbc there is less fodder available on the market and untradeables. Without further sbc’s, I think the current prices rise tomorrow and then drop towards Thursday, Friday because of less demand (non repeatable). EA need prices high to maximise pack sales on Black Friday, which for me signals that something is imminent.

Personally I’d list your albas for 25k and if nothing has come by Friday evening I’d consider splitting loses.
  • Thefranchise92

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

Firstly you haven’t lost 500k because at some point in the game he will hit 20k and you will break even, just depends if you want to hold him that long, or take your loss and reinvest the coins.

No I think they know people were holding high rated cards and a lot of people had untradeable fodder and this sbc clears out some of that.

They then release another sbc and prices increase, because following this sbc there is less fodder available on the market and untradeables. Without further sbc’s, I think the current prices rise tomorrow and then drop towards Thursday, Friday because of less demand (non repeatable). EA need prices high to maximise pack sales on Black Friday, which for me signals that something is imminent.

Personally I’d list your albas for 25k and if nothing has come by Friday evening I’d consider splitting loses.

20 would still be a loss after tax.you reckon lazy buyers would buy that many for 25 when he’s going for 18?
  • Kvkortrijk19
    1692 posts Play-Off Hero
    85's are going up... glad i diddnt sold , just sold a couple 84's at max bin ( arthur )
  • Callycally

Thiago silva.

Thiago silva.

20 would still be a loss after tax.you reckon lazy buyers would buy that many for 25 when he’s going for 18?

21 and you break even, if his lowest bin is 20 then you can easily shift for 21. No they might pick up a few, but not all - I wouldn’t panic sell as I don’t see him reducing in price especially as some may use him for WL.