So, after many years, I finally managed it

Rossco160715
2650 posts Fans' Favourite
This is the first year I have not purchased Fifa for as long as I can remember. It’s such an addictive game to the point I’ve walked past Game and genuinely considered it.

But I’ve managed it and any urge to purchase the game has since disappeared.

I thought I would pop along and read the forum today and there are people I long accused of being EA Cheerleaders starting topics to complain about the game. I see the exact same complaints of last year too, servers, updates ruining anything good about the game, poor packs and objectives with awful sbcs.

Good luck to everyone. I suffered years playing that awful game and it’s only when you walk away you realise what it done to you.

My decision could not have felt more justified. If you feel like you don’t have the ability to walk away, bin the disc, take up exercise at weekends instead of multiple hours on Fifa and wait a month and see the rewards. You will be far mentally and physically.

I hope you all manage it. Be the best thing you ever do.

Comments

• Mattallicawolf
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    Glad you've found it to work better for your physical and mental wellbeing

I've had the odd 2 week or so break from fifa over the years but been able to enjoy it without having to let ot consume me

Oddly the much hated WL counting as rivals games method has meant there's a lot less pressure to play all week and I've found this years UT more casual and enjoyable

Each to their own!
  • AdagioMalique
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Same for me. Done with the repeated crap gameplay yearly. :) EA is just killing the game with their greedy mindset.
  • I played heavily from Fut 12 to Fut 16 when the community became super toxic. It was ruining my weekends and a bit of "downtime" after work left me less relaxed than core working hours.
    I skipped 17, went to Fifa on the Nintendo Switch in 18 for that hit of FUT without a toxic community, and again in Fut 20 on the Switch.

This year I am back on the xbox and I'll admit.. I am loving it. I can definitely see the frustrations that people are having and ive gone from being Elite on Fut 16, to Top 100 on Nintendo Switch (yeah... smaller community there), to struggling to make Silver 1 and gold 3.
    But having taken years out, and now I have objectives, all the new promos, seasons, all the SBC challenges, Squad battle rewards, rivals and Weekend league rewards I am loving the game. Sometimes a bit of time away helps see things in a new light.
  • zambrotta619
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great that you haven’t bought a game but came over to the forum to discuss not buying the game on a forum about the game lol
  • RadioShaq
    20260 posts Moderator
    Kinda depends if you are a casual or not with the biggest issue being ea capping games. It’s nice for casuals to be able to compete but the game is so good people want to play it more than the cap in each mode.
  • Rossco160715
    Great that you haven’t bought a game but came over to the forum to discuss not buying the game on a forum about the game lol

I didn’t ‘come over’ to the forum. I have been registered for years. Good effort though.
  • CharlieC
    7429 posts League Winner
    Totally agree. I would love for the feedback to make me want to buy it because I did enjoy it up until ‘18.
  • Goodgod10
    615 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Play in small doses. Thankfully I don't dedicate too much spare time to gaming
  • phep
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve not bought the game since 18. I’ve been playing as a guest on my brothers game since March when lockdown started, and even that just reaffirms my decision. The fact SBCs (arguably the best thing they’ve added to this game in recent history) are just getting worse and worse only makes me happier. Ill play on my brothers account, but I’m not splashing out to EA myself.
  • Rossco160715
    phep wrote: »
    I’ve not bought the game since 18. I’ve been playing as a guest on my brothers game since March when lockdown started, and even that just reaffirms my decision. The fact SBCs (arguably the best thing they’ve added to this game in recent history) are just getting worse and worse only makes me happier. Ill play on my brothers account, but I’m not splashing out to EA myself.

Yeah I used to really enjoy completing sbcs. This was another fun factor destroyed by this FutEconomist character.

Making the rewards dreadful and mostly untradable was a massive f-u to the community.
  • richisdisturbed
    1145 posts Professional
    Yeah, I took a few years away from the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ but started playing again this year, I'm enjoying it to be honest, I do have issues but I've stopped caring, I just quit any game that turns into a ❤️❤️❤️❤️, & I don't spend money.

I don't think EA will ever make a competant football game again while FUT is around, PES is alright, but it ain't nothing special whatsoever anymore.