Van Dijk that much of an upgrade on Joe Gomez?

Belgian
283 posts An Exciting Prospect
VVD's hyperlink with Wijnaldum can help me out for chemistry reasons. For those who have tried both, is he much better than Gomez?

Comments

• LiquidLuck77
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    He is actually a downgrade
    Gomez IF is much better than van dijk
  • Bukayotheking
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I run both, packed if gomez from gold upgrade and big man virg from 81+ ucl upgrade. Really liking them both. Virgil replaced varane for me and I haven't looked back
  • Tekkerz
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    He’s to slow and stiff.
    In WL u only see 1 vvd and 29 Gomez.
  • Staxdoobie
    2426 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t like VVD. Nothing like the player he was last FIFA. Slow, gives away penalties and loses out so often in a straight fight for the ball with Mbappe/Jesus/Rashford etc. I just videoed an example of the sort of atrocity he commits regularly for me, but I don’t know how to post videos here.

I’m pretty cross with him at the moment!
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Tekkerz wrote: »
    He’s to slow and stiff.

That's because Gomez is cheaper. VVD is better just a little bit slow accleration. If you play 3 depth or lower, VVD is gonna block all sorts of shots for you.
  • Tekkerz
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    He’s to slow and stiff.

That's because Gomez is cheaper. VVD is better just a little bit slow accleration. If you play 3 depth or lower, VVD is gonna block all sorts of shots for you.

I’m sorry your wrong I’ve played against cr7,icon teams but still use nif Gomez.
    I have an untradable vvd yet I use 7 chem Diego Carlos because of acceleration and agility.
    Fifa 21 is a counter attacking game and pace is everything in WL that’s why everyone uses the same back 4.
    Mendy,Varane,Gomez,semedo.
  • Anthonyr475
    1006 posts Professional
    Inform walker and inform Gomez is probably the best EPL defence partnership in my opinion.
  • Ironman_
    77 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Vvd has been superb for me lol idk how someone can say gomez over vvd thats crazy lmaoo
  • killer xavi
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    Downgrade
  • Tboon
    4806 posts Big Money Move
    Much better!

Gomez is great but Van Dijk is another level. He intercepts everything and feels so strong. If you know how to defend, you wont get anyone better.
  • JimNoShoes
    1218 posts Professional
    edited November 2020
    How does rb Laporte compare to if gomez and vvd
  • HulkSmashPotato
    1470 posts Play-Off Hero
    You could play Stevie Wonder at the back, long as there tall and quick
  • FrankieXXL
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FilipCRO wrote: »
    Havent tried either, but you know what catastrophe game is, when Joe Gomez can be better and more effective than Virgil, in any aspect. Stupid arcade.

The rating of a player should reflect how good a player plays. But.. this is not the case in fifa for a long time. The list of examples is long. For me lewandowski is just one. You never see him in WL for a reason.
  • Lloydie
    667 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fifa is in a sorry state when this is even a question...
  • Uber
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I use vvd and 85 sol.campbell, it's a lethal combo gomez couldn't lace their boots
  • paul24878306
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    He’s to slow and stiff.

thats due to cost though.
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    Van dijk is miles ahead as a defender. He’s just slower. But as long as you’re not press on possession loss, 8 depth there’s no issues.
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2020
    He’s to slow and stiff.

Do u not think k that is because of price difference

I found gomez to be terrible and was always out of position
  • Jonx88
    997 posts Professional
    edited November 2020
    FrankieXXL wrote: »
    FilipCRO wrote: »
    Havent tried either, but you know what catastrophe game is, when Joe Gomez can be better and more effective than Virgil, in any aspect. Stupid arcade.

The rating of a player should reflect how good a player plays. But.. this is not the case in fifa for a long time. The list of examples is long. For me lewandowski is just one. You never see him in WL for a reason.

tbh the rating of the cards are accurate its just people look at the pace stat over the overall card rating, a more accurate way of playing this game would be if the overall card rating was just their pace stat lol

You never see anybody using a lower rated card over a higher one or even claiming the lower rated is better when the pace are the same
  • paul24878306
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    Nodge86 wrote: »
    Van dijk is miles ahead as a defender. He’s just slower. But as long as you’re not press on possession loss, 8 depth there’s no issues.

Im press on possession loss 7 depth - and VDS is absolutely fine.
  • win123vn
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2020
    Indeed, VVD is slow, turning like a truck, can’t handle quick attackers, unfortunately Gomez nif is better than him (I am div 3 gold 2 player, just average so it might be only me)
  • DannySTFC
    9670 posts League Winner
    Lloydie wrote: »

It isn’t a question though really, the only people who have Gomez are the ones who don’t want to pay/can’t afford to pay for the upgrade or who want more pace to get out of difficult situations. If you’re half decent at defending and take price out of the question, it’s VVD over Gomez 100 times out of 100.

Pros are the best people at defending on this game. If a pro went to a tournament now and had the choice of VVD or Gomez I’m pretty sure we know who they’d choose, because they want good defenders not runners.
  • MoeilijkeMan
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Lloydie wrote: »

It isn’t a question though really, the only people who have Gomez are the ones who don’t want to pay/can’t afford to pay for the upgrade or who want more pace to get out of difficult situations. If you’re half decent at defending and take price out of the question, it’s VVD over Gomez 100 times out of 100.

Pros are the best people at defending on this game. If a pro went to a tournament now and had the choice of VVD or Gomez I’m pretty sure we know who they’d choose, because they want good defenders not runners.

Take into consideration you often see these lads play Gomez over VVD to keep the rating lower for qualifiers.