OT: Been off FIFA and trading real cards, I just Pulled the Grail!

Comments

• Azof
    20506 posts Club Captain
    You going to get it graded?
  • Flamstead
    3689 posts National Call-Up
    Time to hunt the local car boot sales.
  • Keano
    20443 posts Club Captain
    Flamstead wrote: »
    Time to hunt the local car boot sales.

how many of these would actually be about though in general boot sales? would be worth a crack if you go to a fair few i'd imagine though.
  • LuckyStrikE
    3524 posts National Call-Up
    Azof wrote: »
    You going to get it graded?

Yes BGS to see if it can get a 9.5 or 10.
  • LuckyStrikE
    Keano wrote: »
    My issue is just if you're getting into it you have to go price heavy straight away, there isnt really a small way to get into it & slowly build from what i'm seeing.

Yeah. I was able to get portugal in a case break obsidian for 399 and that is 12 boxes. Now 4 boxes for same price pretty much. Crazy how the market has jumped big.
  • Andybelfast
    11037 posts Has That Special Something
    Congratulations mate. Where do you buy these ?
  • LuckyStrikE
    Facebook has some groups you will find in Europe. Or Instagram. Search breaks and soccer in groups and look for ones based in europe.
  • deeeyepeepeewhy
    4734 posts National Call-Up
    What was the follow up on this then? Did you have it graded? What’s it actually worth?
  • Azof
    20506 posts Club Captain
    What was the follow up on this then? Did you have it graded? What’s it actually worth?

Grading takes donkeys
  • Scutch
    21005 posts Club Captain
    Here is some of my personal collection pieces. Not as good as some I have seen from seasoned collectors in soccer, but not bad imo.
    4d2cb3d25d871e9e87f8e28f45b0ed9a.jpg

Nice!
  • Waldog94
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    Azof wrote: »

Grading takes donkeys

Yeah it can be a very very long wait depending who you go with psa can take upto a year if you live in the uk
  • Keano
    20443 posts Club Captain
    if I had the money lying about i'd most likely get into this, but it just seems the packs are massively expensive & you need to be really lucky to get near that back,though I do love card collecting.
  • Waldog94
    if I had the money lying about i'd most likely get into this, but it just seems the packs are massively expensive & you need to be really lucky to get near that back,though I do love card collecting.

Not necessarily pal can get into a break for anything between £10 upto £1000 easy but all these cards have value really once you know what u are doing it’s not hard to make profit if that’s all your in it for however it’s a brilliant and fun hobby I have just bought a patch impeccable Harvey Barnes of eBay because I like the player only cost me £9.75 which for my personal collection is great
  • Keano
    20443 posts Club Captain
    Waldog94 wrote: »

Not necessarily pal can get into a break for anything between £10 upto £1000 easy but all these cards have value really once you know what u are doing it’s not hard to make profit if that’s all your in it for however it’s a brilliant and fun hobby I have just bought a patch impeccable Harvey Barnes of eBay because I like the player only cost me £9.75 which for my personal collection is great

i'd have to look into it more & would most likely buy a few players personally before buying any packs as i'd want some of my favourite players before going big on it.
  • jpsblue
    13010 posts Has That Special Something

do you know what the best way to search up on ebay for these cards are? any particular keyword? i see Panini, Topps etc combined with these 1 quid cards lol. had a few laying around from when i was younger and i'd like to start up my collection again and hand down in the future, so might be looking at buying some nice Spurs cards soon
  • futureyears
    3198 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020
    Can’t help but think that if i’d put all the time, effort and money I’ve spent in FUT over the past 10 years in to this sort of thing instead I’d be in a slightly better position than I find myself now 🤔

Then again if I’d put it in to anything except FUT I’d most likely be in a better position to be honest!
  • Keano
    20443 posts Club Captain
    Can’t help but think that if i’d put all the time, effort and money I’ve spent in FUT over the past 10 years in to this sort of thing instead I’d be in a slightly better position than I find myself now 🤔

Then again if I’d put it in to anything except FUT I’d most likely be in a better position to be honest!

Know that feeling.

if i was to do a collection i'd be mostly interested in United cards, also love autograph ones, but any of those 2 plus a few other players, unsure if it's worth it to start though :/
  • Waldog94
    @Keano @jpsblue sorry for the late reply depends what your after really good searches are

Panini euro 2020 select
    Panini impeccable
    Panini national treasures
    Topps champs league museum

Also before you buy anything use 130point.com/sales search what your after shows the previous sold prices massive help
  • Waldog94
    Also op have u revived the card yet?
  • Waldog94
    jpsblue wrote: »

do you know what the best way to search up on ebay for these cards are? any particular keyword? i see Panini, Topps etc combined with these 1 quid cards lol. had a few laying around from when i was younger and i'd like to start up my collection again and hand down in the future, so might be looking at buying some nice Spurs cards soon

@jpsblue go watch soccer breaks on YouTube bit of a slow guy to watch but he opened so many cards and knows everything about soccer card collectables he pulled a sick Eriksen Kane Ali triple auto numberd to 15 in impeccable this afternoon definitely a good way to introduce yourself to the hobby
  • LuckyStrikE
    Also op have u revived the card yet?

Nope. I have been grinding this hard though. New immaculate has kicked my butt for about 1200.
  • LuckyStrikE
    If anyone is interested to get started. Right now is a great time to grab match attax chrome. At around 160 a box, it is cheaper than any other chrome product like champions league which is around 600 a box. Same format as other chrome boxes but autos are per case I beleive. The color parallels are there.
  • NornIron
    15690 posts World Class
    Anymore big pulls?

Just seen this, and think it means $85 for a digital premium pack, people are actually buying then.
    https://bazookajoenfts.com/
  • CeeQue
    15068 posts World Class
    NornIron wrote: »
    Anymore big pulls?

Just seen this, and think it means $85 for a digital premium pack, people are actually buying then.
    https://bazookajoenfts.com/

I ain't messin with no NFT's camby.png
  • xJustaKiid
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Trading cards are alot of fun. I have a decent size pokemon collection and I make alot of money buying and selling vintage cards. Definitely my favorite hobby and a lucrative one aswell.