OT: Been off FIFA and trading real cards, I just Pulled the Grail!

Comments

• FrankFrank
    8971 posts League Winner
    So we have a real lottery winner between us now. As if it wasn't hard enough to see Mbappes, Neymars, Cr7 and icons left and right.

Congrats :D
  • LuckyStrikE
    3524 posts National Call-Up
    Not sure if allowed but here is the link to the video where I opened the 2 boxes I had left live. I paid 400 bucks each box. The last card. Don't laugh at the reaction lol.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/b2breaks/permalink/385285466249444/
  • LuckyStrikE
    edited November 2020
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    So we have a real lottery winner between us now. As if it wasn't hard enough to see Mbappes, Neymars, Cr7 and icons left and right.

Congrats :D

Thank you.
    I can only say congratulations!

I have no idea about these cards :D

I can only imagine that card is super rare!!!

Thanks bro
  • LuckyStrikE
    edited November 2020
    The first quote tag on Twitter was for Castro to see this hit lol. Thats when I thought you guys should see this.
  • FrankFrank
    8971 posts League Winner
    Asking for a friend: Is there a Messi card like this one :trollface: ?
  • LuckyStrikE
    edited November 2020
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    Asking for a friend: Is there a Messi card like this one :trollface: ?

Yes and I have not seen it. I was chasing Haaland tbh. I feel his cards will rise and I think he still has 2 superfractors not hit in this including the dortmund auto and the salzburg base card. But I warn you, you can buy 60 cases (each case has 8 boxes) at around 3k each and not hit 1 superfractor.

Some cases u dont get 1 Haaland. I had 7 in this one with 2 parallels purple /250 and blue /150. Imagine a base Haaland on the Salzburg team is about 100 bucks on the market and Graded a 10 is 500. The orange parallel is /25 (serial number which means there is only 25 made) and last sold on that raw is 6.6k, raw meaning ungraded.
  • Are they not graded 10 straight out of the packet?
  • Waldog94
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    Joestoe wrote: »
    I want some numbers here before I start congratulating someone.

Your talking £2k plus easy but with time and the right buyer could be upto 5-6k
  • Shaanxz
    23749 posts Club Captain
    Are they not graded 10 straight out of the packet?

Not sure I know for Pokemon it depends on the centering of the card and the text etc for its grading
  • Waldog94
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Not sure I know for Pokemon it depends on the centering of the card and the text etc for its grading

No it comes down to centring of the pIcture in the factory a lot of things before you even see the card come into account
  • Shaanxz wrote: »

Ah ok! So the grading is more than just the condition?
  • LuckyStrikE

No, manufacturing flaws can be there like lines from the machine during printing or even dented corners from when the calibration is off for machines to insert them in packs. Also after packing human errors like dropping it and such. Thats why I wore gloves. I sent about 100 cards one time and only 14 came back 9.5 gem mint from bgs grading which is almost perfect manufactured card and sell at sometimes 2x-5x raw card value. Also the auto gets graded in this case and sometimes the athletes are lazy and parts of their signature will be off the sticker which will give a lower grade auto. Lot of factors here. These are the art pieces of our modern generation tbh. Look at Topps project 2020 cards and you can see artists have even got into the card game.
  • LuckyStrikE

Ah ok! So the grading is more than just the condition?
    This shows what they look at
    http://basketballboardroom.com/sports-card-grading-sports-cards-send-bgs-psa-sgc-grading/
  • LuckyStrikE
    The set you hit from also matters.
  • ccooaattssyy
    18289 posts World Class
    250K? For a football card?

• ccooaattssyy
    18289 posts World Class
    In all seriousness if you buy these for some of the money quoted, you are crazy.

I realise they are likely an appreciating “asset” to own, but a traditional investment is probably much wiser in many ways.
  • iSptmnky
    14411 posts Has That Special Something
    In all seriousness if you buy these for some of the money quoted, you are crazy.

I realise they are likely an appreciating “asset” to own, but a traditional investment is probably much wiser in many ways.

Absolutely
  • ccooaattssyy
    18289 posts World Class
    iSptmnky wrote: »

Absolutely

They also have more money than sense, anyone got their email address, I feel an educated Nigerian prince in need of help moving funds email coming on. :trollface:
  • FifaTaco
    2180 posts Fans' Favourite
    250k is a decent size house in some suburbs in Australia :lol:
  • LuckyStrikE
    They always say if you spent 1k on Microsoft in 1986 you would have 2.2m. But 1k in 1986 fleer basketball would net you 5.4m right now. I think these assets are better than gold atm. Imagine this 1/1 is a 9 bgs grade and it sold for 1.8m. Imagine if it was a 10 pristine. Or even better a black label 10 with all subgrades with 10,10,10,10. Would have netted more no?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/giannis-antetokounmpo-rookie-card-sells-for-record-1-812-million/amp/

The rare parallels of modern newer cards will be some amazing assets to ride right off the bat especially sought after 1/1 cards. Rookies that are performing are fetching crazy amounts. Zion logo man has a 500k Bounty on it from a company. The mint 10 investment fund is coming buying gem mint 10 rare cards. Rally made a set with tops and is selling shares. Right now its blowing up. A case of 2014 prizm world cup is at 79k lol.
  • LuckyStrikE
    NornIron wrote: »
    Would like to see the people actually buying these before seeing values being thrown around. People list all sorts in ebay havent seen them sell but, atm Ronaldo has loads of autograph cards. Them ones from topps Ronaldo curated set people said 10k etc was low, autograph 1/1 sold for £900.

Only say this because I pulled 1/1 gold non auto from the Ronaldo set had it listed for 2K and got about 5 messages straight away saying list it for 10k'' as I had the first 1/1 seen'' Still have the card its worth about £100.

That is a curated set with many ronaldo autos, the boxes go for 90 dollars compared to the 400 dollars for the box I opened. The topps superfractors are way above that. It depends which set it comes from. Look at new 2019 chronicles soccer cracked ice ronaldo auto /23 graded 9 just sold for 10.1k. Imagine it is the 1/1 auto and graded higher at 10. Flawless set would cost 1 box over 1k and only have 10 cards and all the cards are max only 25 made.

Funniest thing is that I saw the same method as fifa where we bought tons of players cheap waiting for an sbc and in the card market u buy a ton of rookies for a cheap price and when he has a good game it multiplies the price and some keep going up with more performances. For instance last sold haaland topps finest purple serial is /250, only 250 made. Last sold was 300 because season was over. I hit one. Listed for 850 and opening day he scored 2 goals and I got an offer after the match for 550. Done easy peasy. All the cards are like holding stock now. And I just collect sets so I have all the players and multiples of a group of rookies that can hit. Some are already known and expensive. Base card of haaland in the topps set is about 100 by itself already. I dont see him stop scoring, so I dont see his price going down only rising. So im chasing him and making a stack of them. If I hit parallels, the lower the number the better an more value.
  • iSptmnky
    Well you know, I wish you all the luck with that "Investment". I just think it is highly speculative.
  • AntraXxX
    669 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @LuckyStrikE do you want to post some pictures of those ‘boxes’ and some cards?
    What do we need to imagine with a 400 dollar box? 🙂
  • LuckyStrikE
    Well you know, I wish you all the luck with that "Investment". I just think it is highly speculative.

You invest in a companies stock based on what? No speculation there.
  • iSptmnky

Well behind most companies, there is at least some value, such as assets, technology, intellectual property etc. You can't tell me it's the same for some piece of paper.
  • LuckyStrikE
    AntraXxX wrote: »
    @LuckyStrikE do you want to post some pictures of those ‘boxes’ and some cards?
    What do we need to imagine with a 400 dollar box? 🙂

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cardboardconnection.com/2019-20-topps-finest-uefa-champions-league-cards/amp

But understand i took a risk and bought boxes chasing hits. You are garunteed nothing like buying packs in ultimate team, its better to sometimes buy a player. I just got lucky and the 3150 I spent on a sealed case of 8 boxes had 7 haalands and that ronaldo. It was a hot case. But I have bought bayern in a case break and I got 7 lewandowski with 3 color parallels and one of them /25 orange. There were no haalands that came out of the case I had bayern. So you can buy packs or just buy the players off the market and same thing like ultimate team.

For me this set 2019 finest champions league has too many good players that sell and lots of early cards of some players. Reyna and sancho on dortmund is hot right now too. Like the new euro select will not have messi or neymar in it. But England is expensive because of Mount and Rashford.
  • LuckyStrikE
    Ronaldo has a non-auto superfractor too in this set.
  • LuckyStrikE

Well behind most companies, there is at least some value, such as assets, technology, intellectual property etc. You can't tell me it's the same for some piece of paper.

Please, like saying a painting is just a drawing by somebody so why invest in it. If you don't understand the market, you should always be open to investigate if it works like a market.

I guess Forbes are idiots when they report that cards as alternate investments continues to trounce the S&P 500.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/davidseideman/2019/01/18/trading-cards-continue-to-trounce-the-sp-500-as-alternative-investments/amp/