Unable to forfeit WL games because of losing rivals points...

Damo_Suzuki
3091 posts National Call-Up
This sucks.

I get multiple unwinnable weekend league games where the opposition can run faster than I can pass it. Now because of the 30 game limit I can't really forfeit them. It's like EA are screwing me over twice....first with awful delay then secondly with the fact I have to suffer through playing it or waste time rubber banding

Comments

• jplumber
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2020
    Why not try to get back into the game? I've won multiple games (this being fifa) where I was losing 3/4-0 at half time.
  • kraid
    7607 posts League Winner
    This sucks.

I get multiple unwinnable weekend league games where the opposition can run faster than I can pass it. Now because of the 30 game limit I can't really forfeit them. It's like EA are screwing me over twice....first with awful delay then secondly with the fact I have to suffer through playing it or waste time rubber banding

Did they change this?

This year you could quit wl games and still get your 400 rivals points
  • ExcusableJavier
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Stop winning and try to learn from how the opponent is beating you. EA are rewarding people who finish matches, in my book that's very good. I don't quit even if Im 5-0. But there's nothing wrong with quitting, If you want to do it, you just don't get the rival points, seems fair to me.
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    u shouldnt rq anyway.
    if you do it dont count to ur elo.

• Damo_Suzuki
    jplumber wrote: »
    Why not try to get back into the game? I've won multiple games (this being fifa) where I was losing 3/4-0 at half time.

Do you get delay where you press tackle and nothing happens...not even an change in player animation? These games are unwinnable
  • Damo_Suzuki
    kraid wrote: »
    This sucks.

Did they change this?

I forfeit one yesterday and didn't get the 400 points. Should I have?
  • Damo_Suzuki
    Stop winning and try to learn from how the opponent is beating you. EA are rewarding people who finish matches, in my book that's very good. I don't quit even if Im 5-0. But there's nothing wrong with quitting, If you want to do it, you just don't get the rival points, seems fair to me.

The opponent is beating me because they just have to pass in to my box and press shoot and it's a goal as I have no defensive AI and I can't even pass due to delay. There is nothing to learn from this except that EAs servers suck.
  • Stop winning and try to learn from how the opponent is beating you. EA are rewarding people who finish matches, in my book that's very good. I don't quit even if Im 5-0. But there's nothing wrong with quitting, If you want to do it, you just don't get the rival points, seems fair to me.

The opponent is beating me because they just have to pass in to my box and press shoot and it's a goal as I have no defensive AI and I can't even pass due to delay. There is nothing to learn from this except that EAs servers suck.

If that is the case I would just forget fut altogether
  • Damo_Suzuki
    Clemster wrote: »

If that is the case I would just forget fut altogether

It's not every game though just some. Hence why I want to quit them early and not waste time.
  • ExcusableJavier
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park

Then don't play the game at all, seems like nothing is you fault and the game is not good.
  • TH14228
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    This sucks.

Did they change this?

I forfeit one yesterday and didn't get the 400 points. Should I have?

No. You didn’t finish the game.

• Damo_Suzuki

Then don't play the game at all, seems like nothing is you fault and the game is not good.

That is correct yes. You are very lucky if you don't get bad delay and are unaware of what I'm talking about.
  • Springveldt
    6156 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2020
    This sucks.

Did they change this?

I tested it last week in a game were I was getting a tanking. I couldn’t move my players, even when jockeying it was taking 4 or 5 yards to change direction etc. So I paused, click forfeit game and got the loss and 0 Rivals points. I ended 11-5 but only had 6000 Rivals points.

I’ll be sticking games out in future even if it means just playing keepy uppy and punting the ball up the park.
  • Mogga
    2545 posts Fans' Favourite
    What happens if you start whamming own goals in, forfeit and no points ?
  • David_75
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mogga wrote: »
    What happens if you start whamming own goals in, forfeit and no points ?

Yup
  • Jsim86
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    deang07 wrote: »
    u shouldnt rq anyway.
    if you do it dont count to ur elo.

This