How can this happen? So angry!

jplumber
2039 posts Fans' Favourite
edited November 2020
Hi all,
I know I shouldn't get so worked up about a video game, but what just happened is mindbogglingly unfair. Fut champions, 122 min, extra time essentially over, 3-2, about to win the game, opponent has high pressure on, of course. I want to pass the ball back to my goalie with van Dijk, who's not under pressure at all. I press the pass button normally but instead of passing, Virgil taps the ball into thepath of his striker- goal! I've never seen anything as disgusting as that in this game. Of course I go on to lose on pens. I don't get how anyone could call this game competitive; it's a joke!

Comments

  • Git good
  • Rich
    614 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'll say a prayer for you before bed.
  • Asht1981
    1387 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ea sports its in the game big hoof into row z next time
  • Gangmember
    348 posts Sunday League Hero
    jplumber wrote: »
    Two take the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ comments directly after posting. Says a lot about
    Libbium wrote: »
    Git good
    I'm probably better than you, mate

    I mean what did you expect? I get you're just trying to vent here and I understand your frustration but of course people see it as an invite to troll. Just turn off the game and try again later, it won't get any better than this so we'll have to deal with this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ unfortunately.
  • jplumber
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gangmember wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Two take the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ comments directly after posting. Says a lot about
    Libbium wrote: »
    Git good
    I'm probably better than you, mate

    I mean what did you expect? I get you're just trying to vent here and I understand your frustration but of course people see it as an invite to troll. Just turn off the game and try again later, it won't get any better than this so we'll have to deal with this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ unfortunately.

    I don't know what I expected; but there's certainly no need to troll. I guess I just wanted to share my frustration with fellow fifa players.
  • jplumber
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    Asht1981 wrote: »
    Ea sports its in the game big hoof into row z next time

    Yeah, but it shouldn't have to be that way. I mean, come on, this was a simple pass
  • Asht1981
    1387 posts Play-Off Hero
    jplumber wrote: »
    Asht1981 wrote: »
    Ea sports its in the game big hoof into row z next time

    Yeah, but it shouldn't have to be that way. I mean, come on, this was a simple pass

    Ea decided u wasn't winning that one evens itself out i find
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2020
    Happened to me in a game last week.

    Last minute of injury time, went to pass back to keeper from around half way line and defender tapped it slowly along the ground into path of striker instead. Striker is clear through on goal with no one near him with only keep to beat and...


    ...the ref blew the full time whistle as he approached to 18 yard box l. I had to laugh at the whole thing really!!
  • tommyboyo wrote: »
    Happened to me in a game last week.

    Last minute of injury time, went to pass back to keeper from around half way line and defender tapped it slowly along the ground into path of striker instead. Striker is clear through on goal with no one near him with only keep to beat and...


    ...the ref blew the full time whistle as he approached to 18 yard box l. I had to laugh at the whole thing really!!

    The fifa gods changed their mind instantly 👌🏻
  • jplumber wrote: »
    Gangmember wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Two take the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ comments directly after posting. Says a lot about
    Libbium wrote: »
    Git good
    I'm probably better than you, mate

    I mean what did you expect? I get you're just trying to vent here and I understand your frustration but of course people see it as an invite to troll. Just turn off the game and try again later, it won't get any better than this so we'll have to deal with this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ unfortunately.

    I don't know what I expected; but there's certainly no need to troll. I guess I just wanted to share my frustration with fellow fifa players.

    Every thread seems to be you sharing your frustration.
  • IraqBruin
    1838 posts Play-Off Hero
    jplumber wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I know I shouldn't get so worked up about a video game, but what just happened is mindbogglingly unfair. Fut champions, 122 min, extra time essentially over, 3-2, about to win the game, opponent has high pressure on, of course. I want to pass the ball back to my goalie with van Dijk, who's not under pressure at all. I press the pass button normally but instead of passing, Virgil taps the ball into thepath of his striker- goal! I've never seen anything as disgusting as that in this game. Of course I go on to lose on pens. I don't get how anyone could call this game competitive; it's a joke!
    122 Min = PUNT the ball with the shooting button.
  • Erkody
    84 posts Park Captain
    Easy solution...Just play the game and don't pass the ball around in the back like a rat
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    Erkody wrote: »
    Easy solution...Just play the game and don't pass the ball around in the back like a rat

    What a strange comment.
  • selb
    7397 posts League Winner
    If VVD wasn't under any pressure at all I do wonder why you felt the need to go back to the GK, could've just held it with VVD and if the opponent got too close just lump it, game over, no need to make unnecessary passes.
  • Springveldt
    6156 posts Big Money Move
    Libbium wrote: »
    Git good
    Rich wrote: »
    I'll say a prayer for you before bed.
    Erkody wrote: »
    Easy solution...Just play the game and don't pass the ball around in the back like a rat
    Nice to see the community being as toxic as ever.
  • FijianTribe
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Erkody wrote: »
    Easy solution...Just play the game and don't pass the ball around in the back like a rat

    😂😂 the state of this community is the reason EA won't fix the game.
  • NellaSAFC92
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Libbium wrote: »
    Git good

    Virgin
  • jplumber
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    Erkody wrote: »
    Easy solution...Just play the game and don't pass the ball around in the back like a rat

    I wasnt doing what you're accusing me of doing - although you're right, I do have many rat-like qualities...
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up
    jplumber wrote: »
    Erkody wrote: »
    Easy solution...Just play the game and don't pass the ball around in the back like a rat

    I wasnt doing what you're accusing me of doing - although you're right, I do have many rat-like qualities...

    weird self burn...
  • jplumber
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    selb wrote: »
    If VVD wasn't under any pressure at all I do wonder why you felt the need to go back to the GK, could've just held it with VVD and if the opponent got too close just lump it, game over, no need to make unnecessary passes.

    He wasnt under pressure but would have been with high pressure players rushing towards him - I wanted to play a safety pass. I do wonder why so many people in this thread seem to want to ridicule me or believe I'm lying and feel I'm a pass-the-ball-around- the-back-the-entire-time kind of player; as if I'm to blame for Ea's shoddy programming. Geez, people; if you can't even make a simple pass in this game without miraculous things happening then what's the point??
  • jplumber
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Erkody wrote: »
    Easy solution...Just play the game and don't pass the ball around in the back like a rat

    I wasnt doing what you're accusing me of doing - although you're right, I do have many rat-like qualities...

    weird self burn...

    How else are you going to respond to a ridiculous comment like that?!?
  • OiOiSaveloy
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Everyone knows the game does crazy things like this. It's incredibly frustrating but you've just got to keep it moving.
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up
    jplumber wrote: »
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Erkody wrote: »
    Easy solution...Just play the game and don't pass the ball around in the back like a rat

    I wasnt doing what you're accusing me of doing - although you're right, I do have many rat-like qualities...

    weird self burn...

    How else are you going to respond to a ridiculous comment like that?!?

    not like that lol
  • bartsch88
    697 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2020
    You rarely win games you dominate. Case in point this game I just played:

    32xPlNW.jpg
  • jplumber
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Erkody wrote: »
    Easy solution...Just play the game and don't pass the ball around in the back like a rat

    I wasnt doing what you're accusing me of doing - although you're right, I do have many rat-like qualities...

    weird self burn...

    How else are you going to respond to a ridiculous comment like that?!?

    not like that lol

    Why?
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up
    bartsch88 wrote: »
    You rarely win games you dominate. Case in point this game I just played:

    32xPlNW.jpg

    Yeh your oppo was obv a amssive sweat lord, most of my games end up like this, smash them on all stats apart from tackles
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up
    jplumber wrote: »
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Erkody wrote: »
    Easy solution...Just play the game and don't pass the ball around in the back like a rat

    I wasnt doing what you're accusing me of doing - although you're right, I do have many rat-like qualities...

    weird self burn...

    How else are you going to respond to a ridiculous comment like that?!?

    not like that lol

    Why?

    becasue it was just a bit of a weird response, why would you have rat like features?
  • bartsch88
    697 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    bartsch88 wrote: »
    You rarely win games you dominate. Case in point this game I just played:

    32xPlNW.jpg

    Yeh your oppo was obv a amssive sweat lord, most of my games end up like this, smash them on all stats apart from tackles

    He was absolute garbage, but the ball would always ping around favourably for him. It was maddening. My Havertz even skied a shot with an open net somehow, it literally was 90 degrees straight up.
  • jplumber
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2020
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Erkody wrote: »
    Easy solution...Just play the game and don't pass the ball around in the back like a rat

    I wasnt doing what you're accusing me of doing - although you're right, I do have many rat-like qualities...

    weird self burn...

    How else are you going to respond to a ridiculous comment like that?!?

    not like that lol

    Why?

    becasue it was just a bit of a weird response, why would you have rat like features?

    Because I do. My nose twitches uncontrollably in the company of cheese, I have a furry face and body. I'm not ashamed
Sign In or Register to comment.