The Target Man Lounge

Comments

• SJR440
    9106 posts League Winner
    edited November 2020
    @Menloh - is your 4231(2) setup still going strong?

I managed to complete the MLS objectives last night and Bojan looks like a nice card to link up with Raul - don't think he really suits a CM role in 4141 like I had originally considered.
  • john_d_efc
    3308 posts National Call-Up
    How would you guys line up in a 4141 with this team? Sorry I don't know how to post pictures :joy:

https://www.futbin.com//21/squad/2475898

I was thinking of Sanches and Messi in the CM spots and Seedorf in CDM
  • Menloh
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    SJR440 wrote: »

I managed to complete the MLS objectives last night and Bojan looks like a nice card to link up with Raul - don't think he really suits a CM role in 4141 like I had originally considered.

I was off for a couple of days. Was busy with a lot of stuff. I sold my whole team and bought fodder since I will be playing co-op seasons with a mate so will be less on FUT the upcoming weeks.

Haven’t tried it anymore, planning to play fut again in a few weeks when my investments rised. Got 1,8m invested and want to get atleast 2,5.

Anyway I would imagine it is still a solid formation as it always is. Solid in defensive and dangerous on the counter.
  • SJR440
    9106 posts League Winner
    Menloh wrote: »

I was off for a couple of days. Was busy with a lot of stuff. I sold my whole team and bought fodder since I will be playing co-op seasons with a mate so will be less on FUT the upcoming weeks.

Haven’t tried it anymore, planning to play fut again in a few weeks when my investments rised. Got 1,8m invested and want to get atleast 2,5.

Anyway I would imagine it is still a solid formation as it always is. Solid in defensive and dangerous on the counter.

@Menloh Might put together a test team with it tonight and give it a try. Good luck on the investments :smile:
  • Andy87
    3969 posts National Call-Up
    Just wondering here, is there a chance to any Colombian CM / CDM get a special card?

O5fqc9K_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

@freddfranca Seeing talk that Morelos might get a RTTF card for Rangers buddy :smile:

This I would like! :#
  • chhrille
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think Klose cant jump 😏 now i will give kluivert a try
  • john_d_efc
    3308 posts National Call-Up
    @Helldragon That 4141 is superb mate, options everywhere
  • freddfranca
    2638 posts Fans' Favourite
    I tried some games with 352, and I loved it. But I was thinking, and I know that I won’t be able to use one club-only squad, I always like to try new players. So I decided to build a team around one of my favorite players in activity, Luisito Suárez. And with this team I can play in any formation I need, what do you think? (Please, if is too meta tell me so I will change 😂😂)

t5qgDDn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Shutup
    3821 posts National Call-Up
    I tried some games with 352, and I loved it. But I was thinking, and I know that I won’t be able to use one club-only squad, I always like to try new players. So I decided to build a team around one of my favorite players in activity, Luisito Suárez. And with this team I can play in any formation I need, what do you think? (Please, if is too meta tell me so I will change 😂😂)

t5qgDDn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Looks brilliant, Suarez has a mean shot on him
  • Lewis_wes
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    john_d_efc wrote: »

I've been using it as well and been enjoying it. As long as you play patient it works wonders, especially as everyone just expects you to attack down the centre.
  • Andy87
    Lewis_wes wrote: »

I've been using it as well and been enjoying it. As long as you play patient it works wonders, especially as everyone just expects you to attack down the centre.

Any custom tactics?
  • Lewis_wes
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Andy87 wrote: »
    Lewis_wes wrote: »

Any custom tactics?

All the same as the Cts from the front page, but trying out Get Forward and get into box for SMS (LCM) and balanced and stay on edge for Radja Nain (RCM).

Just play patient, rarely sprint and look for open players out wide and at the back post.
  • ICE_UP_SON
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero
    POTM Niane is fantastic in the air. Cannot recommend him enough.
  • Berlus
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    ICE_UP_SON wrote: »

Hard to link...
  • Shutup
    Berlus wrote: »

Hard to link...

Mane, Gueye, off you go
  • chhrille
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Hard to link...

Yedder, Sanches
  • SJR440
    9106 posts League Winner
    Having an Icon dilemma hmmm...

Trying to decide between putting 86 Raul at the top of my attack, 88 Raul for a couple hundred more coins, 85 Torres or 87 Socrates.

Really torn!
  • SJR440
    9106 posts League Winner
    Orrrr, go back to my original plan and go 89 Shearer all the way :*
  • Shutup
    Orrrr, go back to my original plan and go 89 Shearer all the way :*

Yes.
  • freddfranca
    @SJR440
    I thought I was the only that couldn’t decide what players use, but you are just like me 😁😁
  • ICE_UP_SON
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shutup wrote: »

Hard to link...

Mane, Gueye, off you go

Just takes one ligue 1 Player touching him if you don’t care about him on 10 chem. I think I use mine on 7.
  • win123vn
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect

I tried but I don't have many chances to cross. Do you have any tips? @Helldragon . If I play slow then opponent will dropback. Moreover, my targetman ( Jimenez ) is often dropback as CAM or F9 ( I set him as balance and stay forward).
  • SJR440
    9106 posts League Winner
    edited November 2020
    I'm at a loss now guys, really am.

All of the teams I've been building have been awful, even the one I had around shearer was utter trash.

It seem the 4231 counter attack meta can't be stopped :/

At this point, I'm tempted to just go complete Dycheball/Pulis Plan and go 442 or 4231(2), with two Goliaths in midfield, two quick wingers and a Targetman(s) up front just to be able to contend with these sad acts.

Chuck myself in a player with the Long Throw/Giant Throw in trait and just go all guns blazing.
    Post edited by SJR440 on
  • Shutup

All of the teams I've been building have been awful, even the one I had around shearer was utter trash.

At this point, I'm tempted to just go complete Dycheball/Pulis Plan and go 442 or 4231(2), with two Goliaths in midfield, two quick wingers and a Targetman(s) up front just to be able to contend with these sad acts.

Chuck myself in a player with the Long Throw/Giant Throw in trait and just go all guns blazing.

Had some joy in the past with a team of just tall players :#

Sounds like you're changing too much, I know the feeling - when you get stuck in a bad groove you keep trying new things and expect something to just work.

Why not focus on one player, that way you're playing for the fun of him rather than overall success. Might help you to not focus on the other crap!

As an example, @Helldragon getting all those goals with Bas Dost... Amazing. Last year someone on Reddit got 2000+ goals with Mario Gomez!
  • SJR440
    9106 posts League Winner
    Shutup wrote: »

Had some joy in the past with a team of just tall players :#

Sounds like you're changing too much, I know the feeling - when you get stuck in a bad groove you keep trying new things and expect something to just work.

Why not focus on one player, that way you're playing for the fun of him rather than overall success. Might help you to not focus on the other crap!

As an example, @Helldragon getting all those goals with Bas Dost... Amazing. Last year someone on Reddit got 2000+ goals with Mario Gomez!

The focusing on one player is a good idea in principle @Shutup but I feel like the way people play team press and low depth this year makes it really difficult to not focus on building a solid team overall to be honest.

It's really frustrating - the most fun I had on the game was using Pelle in the 4141 but since the patch, I've really struggled to use the 4141 in the type of way I was using it (slow build up, patient passing, waiting for gaps).

@Helldragon has such a good setup, I'm so impressed he's managed to persist with it despite everything this patch seems to have done to the gameplay.
  • Kove
    4847 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2020

I'm using a 4231 at the moment, but not in the edgelord paceboy way.

It's converted from a 451 so the cams are still wingers and as I have mentioned previously I use hold up play and 1-2s as my go to rather than crossing.

Benzema got 3 assists last game and bagged another for himself. Think of the target man less like Andy Carroll and more like Harry Kane or Giroud in real life.

Hold the ball up and wait for the Son, Hazard or Mbappe to make the run and either score or get into position to get it back and smash it past the keeper.

That way you can have your target man and still have the Kante, Sanches or Sissoko type player in cdm to retrieve the ball.... I'm using Casemiro and Koke because I'm a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ hipster.

It's not the formation that makes the target man work its the setup.
  • Shutup
    Edgelord! Hahaha

You can still have a good team @SJR440, just focus on trying to score with one guy?

I'm hoping for Kane POTM Friday as low key getting tired of my current set up.

I agree that the game feels different recently, I don't have any time on the ball to build up. Seems the only way to score is to play really fast whereas I'm much more inclined to play possession
  • Andy87
    Kove wrote: »

It's converted from a 451 so the cams are still wingers and as I have mentioned previously I use hold up play and 1-2s as my go to rather than crossing.

Benzema got 3 assists last game and bagged another for himself. Think of the target man less like Andy Carroll and more like Harry Kane or Giroud in real life.

Hold the ball up and wait for the Son, Hazard or Mbappe to make the run and either score or get into position to get it back and smash it past the keeper.

That way you can have your target man and still have the Kante, Sanches or Sissoko type player in cdm to retrieve the ball.... I'm using Casemiro and Koke because I'm a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ hipster.

This is the way I have been using Benzema as well, get the ball to him to hold it up then look to way it off out wide or get a through ball into Dembele. His passing is excellent so you can afford to be a bit risky with the through balls compared to some other target men where their passing let's them down.

A narrow formation like 41212 might work with a target man against high pressure opposition, you can launch long balls up to him from from you CBs or full backs and if he wins the header you will have a packed midfield to pick up the second ball and then drive at the opponents defence.

Think I might give this a go with a Weghorst team tonight.
  • Berlus
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    Andy87 wrote: »
    Kove wrote: »

This is the way I have been using Benzema as well, get the ball to him to hold it up then look to way it off out wide or get a through ball into Dembele. His passing is excellent so you can afford to be a bit risky with the through balls compared to some other target men where their passing let's them down.

A narrow formation like 41212 might work with a target man against high pressure opposition, you can launch long balls up to him from from you CBs or full backs and if he wins the header you will have a packed midfield to pick up the second ball and then drive at the opponents defence.

Think I might give this a go with a Weghorst team tonight.

Pls Report back if it is successful ? Sounds good.
  • freddfranca
    @SJR440 I know how you feel mate, I was on the same problem.

Let me suggest you take a look at this thread

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/10139327#Comment_10139327

I used the @EisenErmin 451(2) tactics And theyvare great. It’s not a targetman formation, but it’s very possession-aggressive, and you can do some good crosses yet.