the game was absoloutely fine then a bunch of vocal minorities had to whine so much and EA patched..

Comments

• It's the same. What you see and feel is the delay. Sometimes it's on your side sometimes both player have, sometimes your opponent has. (I bet you don't care about the gameplay when you score 3 goals under 20 minutes...)
    The meta is the same since early access (defend with 6 player and counter).
    The things what changed are:
    - Most of the players learned how to play (aka the actual meta)
    - Most of the players have meta teams or at least a couple of meta players.
    - We have promos and the second wave of the Covid 19 (so the servers are overloaded which cause a delay)
    - Maybe just maybe you are not as good as you think.

You are just plain wrong. I’ve listed things that have changed
  • RappSnitch
    6118 posts Big Money Move
    It’s still the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game. Servers are terrible though so everything feels slower and you’ll notice a lot more BS going on.
  • graff26lfc
    913 posts Professional
    JustusX wrote: »
    It’s a great arcade game. Reminds me of Sensible Soccer just with better graphics.

Although I think SS might have been slightly more realistic.

I loved sensible soccer and would buy it over this if the did a remake
  • ozcs_69 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Queens11 wrote: »
    Doubt its anything to do with a couple of complaint threads posted in the forum there is 10x as may negative threads now regarding gameplay

Really its just what ea do they are just a scummy company

It's weird that most complain threads are about issues that have been in the game since release.

Makes you wonder what some people were doing during the early days. I guess they definitely didn't try to find the most effective way to play and just yolo'd it. Now people did find effective ways to play and apparently they aren't happy.

what are you on about dude? where are you from? what console? whats your rank? let this discussion to people that eat and drink fifa

Xbox, stopped at 14-1 this WL, but probably Elite 3/2 (also stopped at 20-4 3x, because Elite rewards are trash and it's either Gold 1 or Elite 1 with nothing inbetween) and 2200 in rivals

Pretty sure I outrank basically everybody who commented on this thread so far :joy:
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2020
    It's the same. What you see and feel is the delay. Sometimes it's on your side sometimes both player have, sometimes your opponent has. (I bet you don't care about the gameplay when you score 3 goals under 20 minutes...)
    - We have promos and the second wave of the Covid 19 (so the servers are overloaded which cause a delay)

Everything you listed was in the game in the beginning

Edit. Not sure on the heading as I don’t use it so much
  • Fergvsfood
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s a great arcade game. Reminds me of Sensible Soccer just with better graphics.

I never had any issues with slow games play and passes not going where I meant them to either.
  • IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    They also buffed gks

They missed my GK apparently :joy:

I think the timing of the patch happened around the same time when most of the community copied each other (or someone) into PTB and counter, in fact it started last weekend when it was obvious that my opponent started the game attempting to force my players to chase the ball at kick off but I had no incentive to do so when the game has just start so I let him have it until he gave up that tactic, I was not going to concede an early goal just to get the ball early.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7898 posts League Winner
    The should have left everything the same and fixed the refs (what a disaster these guys are), given defenders more agility across the board. And left it alone.
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »
    Queens11 wrote: »
    Doubt its anything to do with a couple of complaint threads posted in the forum there is 10x as may negative threads now regarding gameplay

Really its just what ea do they are just a scummy company

It's weird that most complain threads are about issues that have been in the game since release.

Makes you wonder what some people were doing during the early days. I guess they definitely didn't try to find the most effective way to play and just yolo'd it. Now people did find effective ways to play and apparently they aren't happy.

Most issues from this year were being complained about all last year ea have just completely ignored them all
    outside of 5 million dragbacks per a game there is very little difference now between 20 and 21
  • RobotMajomInas
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's the same. What you see and feel is the delay. Sometimes it's on your side sometimes both player have, sometimes your opponent has. (I bet you don't care about the gameplay when you score 3 goals under 20 minutes...)

It's exactly the same game.
    I play with Zapata as a striker and I can score from header it's harder now but because now most of the players have good defenders (Gomez,Varane Van Dijk)
    Again, what you feel is the DELAY. Your players will react different in delay (they run away from the ball, they have havier first touch etc.) That's why you feel the AI is buffed because against better defenders (especially when the opponent know how to close the passing lanes) is terrible to play in delay.
    I recorded a lot of match and when you play a match with delay your players are just standing or they just start to run too late or too early but most of the times they just barely move.
    Also most of the players just rushing which is not a problem if you have good gameplay but in delay is not working as well as usuall so you have to play slowly (try it and you can beat the opponent's defence).
  • Fifapayne
    6152 posts Big Money Move
    Game still plays the same
    Scoring is still easy.
    Goalies are still had ( as they should be)
    AI blocks still op
    Only difference is the ping. They messed up matchmaking.
  • Tennster10
    2643 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ server...
  • SeñorCatflap
    1845 posts Play-Off Hero
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    Patch changed nothing major. Gameplay is the same.

if you believe that patch didnt change much, then you are not playing same level as we do ... just move on buddy...

Division 1 and WL every weekend. Played over 500 games. You move on ya gimp.
  • baerentoeterR
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The Game is a virus we cant deal with. Sometimes it works, sometimes it works not. Depend on how much EA interruptus the Game itself.
  • oneskyworld
    2028 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA messed up the patch doesn't mean the game was fine.
  • Guvnor
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    They had to do something about the speed! People just sat back all game and booted it upto there forwards, when Adama traora is better than Messi something is seriously wrong with the game! You say it’s a lack of skill, well for me your style of play was lacking skill, having 30 percent possesion waiting fir the counter, no thank you, at least now building up play from the back is slightly viable. pace is still king by far but it gives every playstyle more of a chance!
  • Tekkerz
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    Me eating popcorn reading these moaning people.
    Who keep getting beat by better players yet blame the servers.
  • ozcs_69
    4856 posts Big Money Move
    they slowed down the tempo of the game, making the bad connection be more visible than ever, the patch did that...get this plz
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lets be real... the game was trash pre patch and trash post patch lol. Aint no fixing this mess sadly
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2020

It had better physics. The rebounds were realistic compared with FIFA.
  • ozcs_69
    4856 posts Big Money Move
    Lets be real... the game was trash pre patch and trash post patch lol. Aint no fixing this mess sadly

wasnt as bad man, it wasnt, its really aweful now