FUT Champions Weekend League Thread

Comments

• Joestoe
    10581 posts Has That Special Something
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Joestoe wrote: »
    Tried to play one game with OBS on, Blanc was without stamina after 45 mins. It might be effective, but you need pretty high stamina to pull it off for longer periods of time.

Plus surely you just toggle it on and off

When it was effective last year, I’d just leave it on the entire time :D
  • ha032742
    46799 posts Moderator
    Tried to play one game with OBS on, Blanc was without stamina after 45 mins. It might be effective, but you need pretty high stamina to pull it off for longer periods of time.

They patched it halfway through iirc to drain more stamina so people stopped using it constantly and just turned it on for a short while.
  • ha032742 wrote: »

They patched it halfway through iirc to drain more stamina so people stopped using it constantly and just turned it on for a short while.

Yeah. Basically if you lose the ball high up the pitch you turn on teampress and hope to get the ball back (turn it off if you do).

If your opponent somehow manages to get out of teampress and crosses the halfway line you turn off teampress otherwise you got nobody back to defend. Then you can toggle on overload so that your opponent struggles finding gaps while he's playing handball around the box. Again turn it off if you win the ball back or if you feel that your opponent is good at switching sides.
  • Hicksy2011
    19017 posts World Class
    As someone who frequently has to press the button four times to change to my attacking tactic I can only dream
  • sofyanm
    8237 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »

Yeah. Basically if you lose the ball high up the pitch you turn on teampress and hope to get the ball back (turn it off if you do).

If your opponent somehow manages to get out of teampress and crosses the halfway line you turn off teampress otherwise you got nobody back to defend. Then you can toggle on overload so that your opponent struggles finding gaps while he's playing handball around the box. Again turn it off if you win the ball back or if you feel that your opponent is good at switching sides.

lmao how many thumbs are needed?
  • Finesse_4days
    17805 posts World Class
    edited November 2020
    I find team press shocking if the gameplay is good and your against someone good, much rather let them have the ball than risk the counter more often than not. Find it only works against bad players with no composure or in rubbish gameplay when someone is trying to play slow and boring. I don't like farting around turning it on and off, team press cost me a goal in weekend league when they beat the press and I kept it on because I wanted to focus on covering the though balls.
  • Sercs
    22092 posts Club Captain
    I find team press shocking if the gameplay is good and your against someone good, much rather let them have the ball than risk the counter more often than not. Find it only works against bad players with no composure or in rubbish gameplay when someone is trying to play slow and boring.

Team press is class, just don’t put it on an ultra attacking tactic. Nice to chase the game or even out a game you feel your getting dominated in early on
  • GL
    16208 posts World Class
    edited November 2020
    Could take a mild W or a monumental L over the coming days :#
  • Finesse_4days
    17805 posts World Class
    Sercs wrote: »
    I find team press shocking if the gameplay is good and your against someone good, much rather let them have the ball than risk the counter more often than not. Find it only works against bad players with no composure or in rubbish gameplay when someone is trying to play slow and boring.

Team press is class, just don’t put it on an ultra attacking tactic. Nice to chase the game or even out a game you feel your getting dominated in early on

In weekend league I usually went all out attack 4222 straight from kick off so maybe that is why it wasn't good, might use it if I'm struggling or they are playing possession play while I'm loosing.
  • sheckLon
    3260 posts National Call-Up
    GL wrote: »

Low profit, high risk are my favorite investments
  • Primal
    10983 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2020
    Everyone I’ve played today seems to be playing low depth 433
  • ha032742
    46799 posts Moderator
    GL wrote: »

fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F005%2F393%2FIKIFEEL.jpg
  • Primal
    10983 posts Has That Special Something
    Don’t know what to do on this game anymore 😂 close to just selling it tbh , just not enjoyable at any level
  • Sanchezzzz
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    Primal wrote: »
    Don’t know what to do on this game anymore 😂 close to just selling it tbh , just not enjoyable at any level

I’ve sold my team now just sitting on investments it’s boring, draining and even the menu content is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ now.

I will play it again down the line so I’d rather come back to more coins!
  • Joestoe
    Gameplay is actually pinging atm. So glad we can have this gameplay on a random Tuesday when there's nothing to gain but not when it matters.
  • Joestoe wrote: »
    Gameplay is actually pinging atm. So glad we can have this gameplay on a random Tuesday when there's nothing to gain but not when it matters.

Still got 5 rivals games tbf. If only people stopped quitting at 1-2 goals down just because they played their 30 games already and got nothing to gain anymore.
  • Joestoe

Still got 5 rivals games tbf. If only people stopped quitting at 1-2 goals down just because they played their 30 games already and got nothing to gain anymore.

I got my 30 rivals games Saturday night I think :D
    I always try to grind Thursday for rewards as my plan every weekend is to finish the full 30 games of WL in my never ending mission to get E1 once.
  • sofyanm
    8237 posts League Winner
    edited November 2020
    stuck at 14900 points. Last week Rank 1 was at 14930 :|
    Played a rivals game to secure the 15k+ points. Faced a guy with Gullit, Eusebio, Mbappe, Neymar etc with 2150 points when I'm sitting at 1950 points with a 50k team...love the matchmaking
  • RappSnitch
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    Primal wrote: »

Same, no reason to load it up. All coins are invested and I'm relisting cards every hour.
  • Hicksy2011
    19017 posts World Class
    sofyanm wrote: »
    Played a rivals game to secure the 15k+ points. Faced a guy with Gullit, Eusebio, Mbappe, Neymar etc with 2150 points when I'm sitting at 1950 points with a 50k team...love the matchmaking

It’s really de motivating me
    I’m traditionally a comfortable g2 sometimes gets g1 player (not played WL yet this year)
    I’m at 1700 skill rating and barely touching rivals but smashing everyone in friendlies and winning each game fairly comfortably when I do go in to rivals
    All with a very cheap team
    Once I get POTM Mbappe I’d say I’ve got a decent chance of hitting div 1, which is horrifying because I’m pretty sure any Elite player would destroy me, I shouldn’t be facing them
  • CaTriEm
    2118 posts Fans' Favourite

Being 1900-2100 skill rating is tough. You either get matched against someone 200SR ahead of you and get outplayed or match someone around your own skill rating who will most likely play as if they need to win to keep Grandma's life support machine on.
  • Hicksy2011 wrote: »

I’m traditionally a comfortable g2 sometimes gets g1 player (not played WL yet this year)
    I’m at 1700 skill rating and barely touching rivals but smashing everyone in friendlies and winning each game fairly comfortably when I do go in to rivals
    Once I get POTM Mbappe I’d say I’ve got a decent chance of hitting div 1, which is horrifying because I’m pretty sure any Elite player would destroy me, I shouldn’t be facing them

1900 is Gold 2/1 quality this year. You should hold your own up there.
  • Finesse_4days
    17805 posts World Class
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

I was 2250 at one point on Fifa 19 and still gold quality , think I was the ultimate bottle job.
  • Orison wrote: »

I was 2250 at one point on Fifa 19 and still gold quality , think I was the ultimate bottle job.

Easily.

2200+ last year should have been Elite 2 or so.
  • Hicksy2011
    19017 posts World Class

Yeh I meant though the fact that I could match elite players from nowhere when I’m at that point
    Silly
  • Finesse_4days
    17805 posts World Class

Easily.

2200+ last year should have been Elite 2 or so.

I'm pretty sure I beat an Elite 1 player in a forum tournament game that year, think it was just a lack of confidence against good players and bad mentality. I'm trying to play my game against any player now instead of showing too much respect.
  • ha032742
    46799 posts Moderator
    @GL

giphy-downsized.gif
  • GL
    16208 posts World Class

AliveThirstyEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif
  • MikeyP_FC
    14666 posts Has That Special Something
    We talking IF Renato high fives?
  • Thefranchise92