The Target Man Lounge

Comments

• Shutup
    3821 posts National Call-Up
    Well, I am in a terrible blank

I always liked to use themed squads, one nation, one club, but after my terrible experience with the Dutch squad (was a good team, but I don’t know why I couldn’t win with they), I don’t know where to go.
    I spend hours looking to the squad builder and have zero ideas, the team with Nsame is doing good so far, but I have 600k coins and I want to use it 😂😂😂😂😂

I had a great Werder Bremen team last year with Klose up top.

Full Newcastle with Shearer could be fun too
  • Thamightyboro
    8100 posts League Winner

I always liked to use themed squads, one nation, one club, but after my terrible experience with the Dutch squad (was a good team, but I don’t know why I couldn’t win with they), I don’t know where to go.
    I spend hours looking to the squad builder and have zero ideas, the team with Nsame is doing good so far, but I have 600k coins and I want to use it 😂😂😂😂😂

My plan was ligue 1 for the whole of FIFA 21 then got stung with an untradable VVD and Wijnaldum which forced me to slot them in.

I keep hovering on binning them into an SBC so I can get back to my original plan :)
  • Shutup

My plan was ligue 1 for the whole of FIFA 21 then got stung with an untradable VVD and Wijnaldum which forced me to slot them in.

I keep hovering on binning them into an SBC so I can get back to my original plan :)

I do that all the time - happy to SBC any number of high end players so I can go on some personal crusade with an off meta player B)
  • Thamightyboro
    8100 posts League Winner
    Shutup wrote: »

I do that all the time - happy to SBC any number of high end players so I can go on some personal crusade with an off meta player B)

Ha I'm sure once the icon sbcs come I'll bin them. But I'm only allowed icons that played in ligue 1 at some point in their career.
  • Thamightyboro
    8100 posts League Winner
    Here's the 4321 I mentioned earlier.

Been messing with a 4321 today and had my best run of results so far. Servers have behaved though so can't fully say it's the tactic as just being delay free makes a load of difference.

It's highly aggressive in defence but can play attack in any way you wish. It's great v ptb as you have almost as many men forward as they have back.

PAPL 7/9
    BAL 6/6/2/2

FBs conservative interceptions, overlap

CCM drop between Def, conservative ints, cover centre.

R and LCM cover centre

ST stay central, stay forward, target man

RF/LF stay central, GIB

Conservative ints are there so that the FBs get back to position rather than commit to the press, the CCM also needs them or he rushes out of a back 3 too quickly before the CBs have had time to close back in. It also puts the CCM in a CDM type position just as they try the driven spam for easy pickings.

So you have 5 get back quickly to a position to defend if a ball gets through and you have 5 executing the press. If the pos loss was central you have the 3 rf st lf all rushing a man making any forward pass difficult so they have to go sidewards giving that bit time needed to stop an immediate counter.
  • Shutup

Been messing with a 4321 today and had my best run of results so far. Servers have behaved though so can't fully say it's the tactic as just being delay free makes a load of difference.

It's highly aggressive in defence but can play attack in any way you wish. It's great v ptb as you have almost as many men forward as they have back.

PAPL 7/9
    BAL 6/6/2/2

R and LCM cover centre

RF/LF stay central, GIB

Conservative ints are there so that the FBs get back to position rather than commit to the press, the CCM also needs them or he rushes out of a back 3 too quickly before the CBs have had time to close back in. It also puts the CCM in a CDM type position just as they try the driven spam for easy pickings.

So you have 5 get back quickly to a position to defend if a ball gets through and you have 5 executing the press. If the pos loss was central you have the 3 rf st lf all rushing a man making any forward pass difficult so they have to go sidewards giving that bit time needed to stop an immediate counter.

This is really interesting, so it becomes like a 523 right?
  • Thamightyboro
    8100 posts League Winner

PAPL 7/9
    BAL 6/6/2/2

R and LCM cover centre

RF/LF stay central, GIB

This is really interesting, so it becomes like a 523 right?

Yep or a 433, 343 it's really very fluid depending on opposition's setup and where on the pitch you are.

Eg if opponent is playing a long ball with 4 up front and you are attacking on the right then the CCM drops into def one CB moves over to RB position and your lb stays back so you have man for man.

If they are ptb and everyone's ran back then you go to a 3 ATB both your fullbacks advance into a 343/325.
  • freddfranca
    2638 posts Fans' Favourite

I always liked Manchester United, Chelsea, Internazionale an Milan.

United is too meta this year, Milan is too weak.

I am between a past and present Chelsea or Inter.
    If I be able to afford Drogba and Torres would be perfect, and Inter also has some great Icons like Eto’o this year.

Help me decide, Inter or Chelsea?
  • Shutup

If I be able to afford Drogba and Torres would be perfect, and Inter also has some great Icons like Eto’o this year.

Inter have the better cards imho
  • freddfranca

Except for fullbacks, Inter doesn’t have decent fullback

• Shutup

352!
  • freddfranca

352!

This will be a good challenge 😆

• Shutup
    @freddfranca Eto'o and RB Lukaku to whip them in to, Eriksen CAM B)
  • Thamightyboro
    8100 posts League Winner

The tractor, zanetti although tbh even by icon standards his card is pretty poor for a FB.
  • freddfranca
    I will buy both teams and play 5 games each, I don’t care much if losing some coins. I’m not much confident with Inter defenders, play 3ATB with slow CBs is suicide
  • Shutup
    I will buy both teams and play 5 games each, I don’t care much if losing some coins. I’m not much confident with Inter defenders, play 3ATB with slow CBs is suicide

Slap a shadow on them all. I use Fabinho at CB and he's class
  • wau2
    618 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SJR440 wrote: »
    Gonna be a little tight, but think I should just have enough when Suker sells for this:

Screenshot-20201109-145143.png[/quote

You forgot Trent as Rb!!! With his immense crossing
  • Andy87
    3969 posts National Call-Up
    So tempted to blow all my coins on mid Kluivert but I'm always left disappointed with icons because the never live up to their price.
  • Helldragon
    647 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SJR440 wrote: »

Thanks for those helpful tips :smile:

@Helldragon A bit of a silly question but what camera are you using with this formation?

I always wondered if my current setup might be hindering me somewhat.

I play with the standard camera. I tried to play with the Coop once, but it didn't work out well.
  • freddfranca
    @Shutup are you using the FIFA with blue 352? Or another CTs?
  • Shutup
    @Shutup are you using the FIFA with blue 352? Or another CTs?

Yep - I tried a few others and they just weren't a patch on those ones for me
  • TheGabc
    1964 posts Play-Off Hero
    Giroud performing really well this year, great at hold up play and provides plenty of goals and assists for Hazard. Would really love an Icon Luca Toni one day.

EkjX9LW.png
  • freddfranca
    TheGabc wrote: »
    Giroud performing really well this year, great at hold up play and provides plenty of goals and assists for Hazard. Would really love an Icon Luca Toni one day.

EkjX9LW.png

Almost the Chelsea team I was planning. What are Sergio Ramos doing here?
  • TheGabc
    1964 posts Play-Off Hero
    TheGabc wrote: »

EkjX9LW.png

Almost the Chelsea team I was planning. What are Sergio Ramos doing here?

Unfortunately the rest of the CB´s and GK´s arent good enough imo, really hoping for some special cards so I can swap Ramos and Courtois out.
  • freddfranca
    Courtois is easy, just buy Cech 😆😆
  • SJR440
    9106 posts League Winner
    edited November 2020
    Forgive me father for I have sinned with this defensive backline (I might have slightly snapped :D )

Which team do we reckon though guys?

Team 1:

Screen-Shot-2020-11-09-at-23-47-58.png

Team 2:

Screen-Shot-2020-11-09-at-23-49-21.png
  • win123vn
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I am trying Raul Jumenez, he is quite good as targetman (with CT of @Helldragon - thanks Bro). Do you think I need Hunter?, at moment I use hunter but I consider marskman as @Helldragon use for Dost.
  • freddfranca
    Just wondering here, is there a chance to any Colombian CM / CDM get a special card?

O5fqc9K_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • SJR440
    9106 posts League Winner
    Just wondering here, is there a chance to any Colombian CM / CDM get a special card?

O5fqc9K_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

@freddfranca Seeing talk that Morelos might get a RTTF card for Rangers buddy :smile:
  • Im just going to tell you all now.... Mbappe is best target man with a sentinel.... NO JK