What on gods earth is this passing

HysxteriA
4293 posts National Call-Up
Either they are

1. Under hit
2. Over hit
3. Wrong direction
4. Wrong player

It's costing me so many attacks. Passing since the patch is absolutely all over the place and there's no consistency to it at all. Through balls for me are completely broke and end up in the wrong direction to where I actually placed it.

Comments

• ozcs_69
    4530 posts National Call-Up
    you`re right bro, something changed after the patch, i started stressing out again, the game was fun as long as it lasted, i think EA had to do it...
  • Str8hii
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Either they are

1. Under hit
    2. Over hit
    3. Wrong direction
    4. Wrong player

It's costing me so many attacks. Passing since the patch is absolutely all over the place and there's no consistency to it at all. Through balls for me are completely broke and end up in the wrong direction to where I actually placed it.

I was getting constant 8-9 ping since release after patch i cant get anything under 30ms same symptoms passes all over the place , slow turns , game feels heavy af
    But of course its our isp their outrace tool shows packet loss hahah what a joke of the company
  • HysxteriA
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    you`re right bro, something changed after the patch, i started stressing out again, the game was fun as long as it lasted, i think EA had to do it...

Yeah they've nerfed through balls like crazy. No point anymore they end up either under power or over power. It's just randomness to everything now in this game. Pre patch it looked positive too.
  • alvchong
    1772 posts Play-Off Hero
    exactly, just take through pass for example, it is randomly decide by the game play. sometime strong and sometime weak, wrong direction, ....all sort of weird thing.
  • HysxteriA
    Defending is another thing too. I feel like some of the games I'm loosing I genuinely deserve to win.the randomness of the defending and bouncing balls now is just leaking goals yet I'm trying to build a counter and passing is an absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show. My point is I'll concede some random goal from a bounced block or rebounded tackle yet I can pass properly through the defence.

It doesn't seem like there's any reward now and skill gap has just been taken away again like what happens at the start of every FIFA. Don't know why they do it.
  • HysxteriA
    alvchong wrote: »
    exactly, just take through pass for example, it is randomly decide by the game play. sometime strong and sometime weak, wrong direction, ....all sort of weird thing.

Yep, that's where I notice it more the through balls. They're such a mess.
  • MDR123456
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s a mess
  • BernaLeo87
    429 posts Sunday League Hero
    So it happened again like always lol
    EA will never change
  • we could sit here all day and go over it. few things that gripe me. my sanchez from spurs runs into sterling and falls to ground while he runs away.. really?? and passing at start if game for me was best ive had in many years of fifa... even triangle balls for me where superb. now its lottery..
  • RedDevilNL
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    The amount you power up the pass greatly outweighs the direction you're aiming when the game picks which team mate to target. Outweighs it by a ridiculous amount.

Go into squad battles and what the replay when a pass goes to the wrong team mate. You'll be aiming right at your intended target and as you release the pass the aiming arrow will snap to a different team mate.
  • maxi88
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Real Competitive game
  • MDR123456
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    often I point to the wing with a pass from a ST and it goes to the cam behind or the opposite direction to the other ST. I mean complete nonsense.
  • lastfifa
    2994 posts National Call-Up
    I thought my controller broke last night after playing with new patch.
  • HysxteriA
    MDR123456 wrote: »
    often I point to the wing with a pass from a ST and it goes to the cam behind or the opposite direction to the other ST. I mean complete nonsense.

Yep, total randomness to everything now. Doesn't feel rewarding to win either.

Hopefully I explain this well enough, but because goals are so damn easy to score this year, because of the high proportions of randomness in the game with AI blocks, ridiculous passing, anything can go wrong at any given moment. You either concede or score. I have 6+ goals scorelines in my last 3 games last night.

My point is is there isn't any measure of skill left anymore. I feel you score more through mistakes and randomness than any level of skill at the moment.
  • HysxteriA
    lastfifa wrote: »
    I thought my controller broke last night after playing with new patch.

Ye genuinely, that's how it feels aha.
  • ImAtrocious
    2686 posts Fans' Favourite
    I get this complaint and have the same frustration. However, any time that the game picks the pass for you (aka assisted passing), there is going to be randomness. If FUT required manual passing, not only would there be an actual skill gap, and a massive one at that, but a lot of the frustration would naturally go away.

I'd encourage anyone to try manual passing at some point. You can't use it right now in competitive modes because you're at a massive disadvantage (mainly because you have to slow down and can't ping pong), so that's not what I'm suggesting. But try it out somewhere just to see what happens. It's actually super rewarding when you pick a pass and play it correctly.
  • Quase
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    First off, I have all passing on "full assisted" and the decision making set to "late". What is the standard setting I think.

Now guys, have a look in a replay what happens when it happes by activating the trainer. For me it is usally fine, the arrow points in the right direction, the force is loading up fine, but suddenly the millisecond the pass should leave the foot, the game decides to change the target to a completely different player or just moves your direction arrow to somewhere else. I wonder why though?
    Maybe I have to set the pass decision to "early" instead of "late", which helped a lot in FIFA20 when this same behaviour accured there as well.