FIFA 21 Boots Thread

Comments

• Futbol22 wrote: »
    Futbol22 wrote: »
    Peanut2000 wrote: »
    dreamspeed 03 (both vapor and superfly) is already in the files. for some reason ea haven't assigned them in the db yet though.

same goes for the 'precision to blur' pack from adidas.

all in all there's around 10 or so boots that are in the games files, but have not been assigned in the database yet. which is why they aren't accessible ingame.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/10/boldest-adidas-pack-ever-adidas.html

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/07/no-fakes-nike-mercurial-dream-speed-003.html

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/10/blue-hi-vis-yellow-puma-ultra-2020-21.html

^ all these plus a couple of more are in the files, but not assigned in the db yet. but you can be sure they will be.

How do you no mate?

because i own the game on pc, and there are tools avaliable that allow us to browse the game files.

unknown.png

Nice one pal. You said there’s around 10 or so boots on there? Any chance of knowing what the are?

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/07/no-fakes-nike-mercurial-dream-speed-003.html

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/10/blue-hi-vis-yellow-puma-ultra-2020-21.html

^

the whole 'precision to blur' pack , dreamspeed 03 (both vapor and superfly) & the blue/yellow puma ultras , plus some alternate colorway of the nike panthom gt.

could be others aswell from other brands, i really only know nike/puma/adidas when it comes to boots.

qgM73kN.jpg

This is interesting. This colourway hasn’t been shown or leaked anywhere. Hopefully another Nike pack on the way with new superflys so we can forget the current clown shoes

the dreamspeed 03's are on the proper vapor mesh atleast. (same mesh as the red/blue/silver vapor remaster they added in fifa 20)

i assume you mean 'vapor' ? since there is nothing wrong with the mesh model ea use for 'superfly'

No. What I meant was I hope EA only make the Superfly on the next Nike pack (like they did in FIFA 20) because they clearly can’t make the vapor model and should forget trying to.

ES2PpIdWkAMQuP0.jpg

^ that's a proper vapor. and that's ea's model. for some reason though (maybe it got lost in translation) the person who did the texture for the 'laser orange' vapor that is in fifa 21 currently used the botched vapor model from fifa 20 launch. however the dreamspeed 03 is on the same mesh/model as in the photo above.
  • The boots above are awesome no idea why not available in 21
  • Futbol22
    1472 posts Professional
    edited November 2020
    dreamspeed 03 (both vapor and superfly) is already in the files. for some reason ea haven't assigned them in the db yet though.

same goes for the 'precision to blur' pack from adidas.

all in all there's around 10 or so boots that are in the games files, but have not been assigned in the database yet. which is why they aren't accessible ingame.

^ all these plus a couple of more are in the files, but not assigned in the db yet. but you can be sure they will be.

How do you no mate?

because i own the game on pc, and there are tools avaliable that allow us to browse the game files.

unknown.png

Nice one pal. You said there’s around 10 or so boots on there? Any chance of knowing what the are?

^

the whole 'precision to blur' pack , dreamspeed 03 (both vapor and superfly) & the blue/yellow puma ultras , plus some alternate colorway of the nike panthom gt.

could be others aswell from other brands, i really only know nike/puma/adidas when it comes to boots.

qgM73kN.jpg

This is interesting. This colourway hasn’t been shown or leaked anywhere. Hopefully another Nike pack on the way with new superflys so we can forget the current clown shoes

the dreamspeed 03's are on the proper vapor mesh atleast. (same mesh as the red/blue/silver vapor remaster they added in fifa 20)

i assume you mean 'vapor' ? since there is nothing wrong with the mesh model ea use for 'superfly'

No. What I meant was I hope EA only make the Superfly on the next Nike pack (like they did in FIFA 20) because they clearly can’t make the vapor model and should forget trying to.

ES2PpIdWkAMQuP0.jpg

^ that's a proper vapor. and that's ea's model. for some reason though (maybe it got lost in translation) the person who did the texture for the 'laser orange' vapor that is in fifa 21 currently used the botched vapor model from fifa 20 launch. however the dreamspeed 03 is on the same mesh/model as in the photo above.

That’s good! I hope we get a new Nike pack after the dreamspeeds though cause they are horrible looking.

EA didn’t even get the colour/texture right on the vapor remakes in that image either 🤦‍♂️

nike-mercurial-future-dna-boots%2B%252810%2529.jpg
  • Ten000_days
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yep .. EA got the retro ones totally wrong .. they looked like plastic or bad patent leather .. not like a mesh texture the actual boot was made out of ... and they always botch the look of the boots .. the DS001 were missing details on the sole plate and different other aspects like the star graphic on the toe of the actual boot ... the fact that they can’t make the vapor look like the Superfly just without the collar is absurd ... the biggest piece of equipment a soccer player wears is the spikes ( boots ) so you would think they would get them 100% accurate ... but what would you expect from a company that couldn’t get laces to look like laces for years .... and the missing kits from the EPL is an even bigger joke as they have FULL licensing and the designs of the kits are out well before the season starts ... no Leeds stadium yet either ... it’s laziness plain and simple .....
  • ponnyslakteriet
    889 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2020
    Yep .. EA got the retro ones totally wrong .. they looked like plastic or bad patent leather .. not like a mesh texture the actual boot was made out of ... and they always botch the look of the boots .. the DS001 were missing details on the sole plate and different other aspects like the star graphic on the toe of the actual boot ... the fact that they can’t make the vapor look like the Superfly just without the collar is absurd ... the biggest piece of equipment a soccer player wears is the spikes ( boots ) so you would think they would get them 100% accurate

unless you know for a fact what sort of source material they are working off of, this whole essay you wrote above is essentially you making assumptions and mindless bashing.

ES2PpIdWkAMQuP0.jpg

^ this for instance is this ''the fact that they can’t make the vapor look like the Superfly just without the collar is absurd'' the model above is just that it's a superfly that they removed the collar on.

LpLH7q9.png <--- superfly

0rFFsP3.png <-- vapor

--

there's also multiple areas that the current iteration of frostbite struggles with. one of them being the rendering of materials or any sort of metallics (silvers and gold especially)

constructive criticism is a awesome tool, going on the internet acting ignorant however isn't a useful tool for anything and basicly just make you look like a donkey. educate thy self, or stay out of subject matters that you have limited knowledge and understanding about.
    and they always botch the look of the boots

do you understand what _always_ mean? because this is something i could easily prove is factually untrue, in fact as someone that's well versed in the 'modding' i can tell you that very rarely do you see redone textures for both 'puma' & 'adidas' same goes for other models of nike aswell.

so a more likely scenario is that it's a matter of individual cases where the artist 'tasked' skill/care isn't up to par or that the source material provided isn't that great. keep in mind that these artists will be making these textures months before the boots are officially released.

furthermore the texture size color maps on boots for current gen (up until fifa 21) have been 512x512 (because it's catered mainly to consoles)

LpLH7q9.png

dxGpkAV.png

however in fifa 21 they have now moved to 2048x2048 for color maps. so not so much ''laziness'' as based on limitations of current gen consoles. but again this sort of educated thinking and reasoning does not suit your bash-happy agenda.

• Krrypt0n
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    @ponnyslakteriet the problem is not only boots, gloves are too in the files, and they arent activated in the menu, You can only select them by using CE.
  • ponnyslakteriet
    889 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2020

could you specify what you mean by 'file image' ?
    Krrypt0n wrote: »
    @ponnyslakteriet the problem is not only boots, gloves are too in the files, and they arent activated in the menu, You can only select them by using CE.

i know, i am pretty sure they are putting everything that is for the launch of the next-gen consoles in stages, and then they'll enable everything at once.
  • <-- someone figured out how to unlock all of the stuff for pc.
  • Futbol22
    1472 posts Professional

could you specify what you mean by 'file image' ?
    Krrypt0n wrote: »

i know, i am pretty sure they are putting everything that is for the launch of the next-gen consoles in stages, and then they'll enable everything at once.

Thanks. Video does the trick!
  • Ten000_days
    Yep .. EA got the retro ones totally wrong .. they looked like plastic or bad patent leather .. not like a mesh texture the actual boot was made out of ... and they always botch the look of the boots .. the DS001 were missing details on the sole plate and different other aspects like the star graphic on the toe of the actual boot ... the fact that they can’t make the vapor look like the Superfly just without the collar is absurd ... the biggest piece of equipment a soccer player wears is the spikes ( boots ) so you would think they would get them 100% accurate

unless you know for a fact what sort of source material they are working off of, this whole essay you wrote above is essentially you making assumptions and mindless bashing.

ES2PpIdWkAMQuP0.jpg

^ this for instance is this ''the fact that they can’t make the vapor look like the Superfly just without the collar is absurd'' the model above is just that it's a superfly that they removed the collar on.

LpLH7q9.png <--- superfly

0rFFsP3.png <-- vapor

--

there's also multiple areas that the current iteration of frostbite struggles with. one of them being the rendering of materials or any sort of metallics (silvers and gold especially)

constructive criticism is a awesome tool, going on the internet acting ignorant however isn't a useful tool for anything and basicly just make you look like a donkey. educate thy self, or stay out of subject matters that you have limited knowledge and understanding about.
    and they always botch the look of the boots

do you understand what _always_ mean? because this is something i could easily prove is factually untrue, in fact as someone that's well versed in the 'modding' i can tell you that very rarely do you see redone textures for both 'puma' & 'adidas' same goes for other models of nike aswell.

so a more likely scenario is that it's a matter of individual cases where the artist 'tasked' skill/care isn't up to par or that the source material provided isn't that great. keep in mind that these artists will be making these textures months before the boots are officially released.

furthermore the texture size color maps on boots for current gen (up until fifa 21) have been 512x512 (because it's catered mainly to consoles)

LpLH7q9.png

dxGpkAV.png

however in fifa 21 they have now moved to 2048x2048 for color maps. so not so much ''laziness'' as based on limitations of current gen consoles. but again this sort of educated thinking and reasoning does not suit your bash-happy agenda.

Unless you work for EA or know things first hand don’t come on here and act like an expert ... the fact that boots have been done poorly on the past is FACT ... see Neymar Vapor boots as an example ... so don’t come at me like what I say is not echoed by many in the community ... abs the retro Vapor boots last year were in fact trash ... tell me how they can get the texture of the Superfly correct and the Neymar Vapors correct yet totally botch the retro ones ... so your whole diatribe coming at me is in fact proven wrong just by what was actually put in the game ... BECAUSE ALL VAPOR AND SUPERFLY ARE THE SAME MATERIAL genius ... they are all a mesh upper ... and they also make the Vapor fir the most part look like clown shoes instead of Superfly boots without a collar ... many others have said as much ... so keep sucking EA off pal ... that’s why the quality is lacking because of sheep like you
  • ponnyslakteriet
    889 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2020
    so keep sucking EA off pal ... that’s why the quality is lacking because of sheep like you

so because i underline and point out all the things in your post that are _incorrect_ or based on nothing but your belief that ''ea are lazy'' i am 'sucking them off' and 'i'm a sheep' ?

if you weren't such an ignorant individual you'd actually might learn something, but it's quite easy to suss out that it's not at all your intent for posting here at all.

here's a tip. go back and look who in the boots thread for fifa 20 was talking about the vapor models.
  • Ten000_days
    so keep sucking EA off pal ... that’s why the quality is lacking because of sheep like you

so because i underline and point out all the things in your post that are _incorrect_ or based on nothing but your belief that ''ea are lazy'' i am 'sucking them off' and 'i'm a sheep' ?

if you weren't such an ignorant individual you'd actually might learn something, but it's quite easy to suss out that it's not at all your intent for posting here at all.

here's a tip. go back and look who in the boots thread for fifa 20 was talking about the vapor models.

Your the one that attacked me .. called me names in your diatribe drivel of a post ... when in fact I only said the same things that others have said just in a diff way ... why do t you go back and read all the posts instead of attacking people ... it makes you look like indeed your sucking EA off and are a sheep ... and you pointed out nothing that is true ... in fact the opposite ... because if you did some research and knew anything and had a clue you would know that a lot of the Nike boots are wrong .. rendered wrong .. look wrong .. hell they couldn’t even get laces right on Nike boots for a long time ... case in point the retro boots are WRONG ... they look like leather and have a leather texture in the game when they are MESH ... they made the other boots with a mesh texture so why not them ??? Oh I know why ... because they were lazy and used the OG version instead of the current version as the template they made them off of ... much like the G3 Superfly the year before .... but you seem to be a know it all so have fun with that .... many others have said the same thing I did but you chose to attack me and call me names first ... a donkey I believe it was ?? And some other things I really don’t care to look back and find ...... but whatever ... if your happy with ❤️❤️❤️❤️ poor looking things and things that are not accurate then more power to you .... so leave me alone and call everyone out that has these same sentiments .... it’s a FACT that EA botch Nike boots often ... maybe this is a resin they have issue with Nike 🤔🤔🤔 .... because adidas Puma and other brands are pretty spot on other than the awful Nemesis last year .... but your right .. you win ... have fun with that
  • OfficialPayton
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No arguing on the posts please lads.
  • Any news boots news?
  • Davide1774
    216 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So, making a summary, we have some new boots in the Fifa database, but they are not available in the game yet... Correct ?
  • Sounds like it 😂
  • Justin_333
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Do we think they’re waiting for next gen to launch and then add new boots? I hope that’s the case.
  • OfficialPayton
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The new boots in the database are waiting on the PS5 to release
  • VCF10
    79 posts Park Captain
    Well, it looks like the current gen version of the game has already been converted to legacy edition...
  • BenjiA
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Surely they won’t just be updating the boots on the next gen. version and not the current one?
  • They do what the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ they want
  • BenjiA wrote: »
    Surely they won’t just be updating the boots on the next gen. version and not the current one?

no, of course not.
  • I am very disappointed of FIFA 21. It is very expensiv and there are many third kits missing. There are no special kits like classic kits or seasoning kits. There are many boots missing. Much less boots than in FIFA 20. And no boot update since releasing. Neymar Puma Kings are missing, Sancho boots are missing and many other shoes. I hope it gets better. Otherwise it is very cheap work @EASPORTSFIFA .
  • Justin_333
    EA just announced that next gen is coming out December 4th. Why the delay?
  • flcinusa
    695 posts An Exciting Prospect
    While I want as many real boots ap possible, I was playing a Korean K League game and every player basically had generic boots, but in colours not available in the edit player selection (like a sweet white and peach number), and a couple of styles not available either.

In the edit screen for these players it's just listed as "default" at the end of the bottom row. I'd love some of these in career mode
  • TM1982
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    Justin_333 wrote: »

I’m afraid the 4th December release date was announced a couple/few weeks back. Disappointing but I’m guessing they want the extra couple of weeks to get the bugs in current gen sorted and be ready to include any missing stadiums and (hopefully) scanned faces.
  • Justin_333
    TM1982 wrote: »
    Justin_333 wrote: »

I’m afraid the 4th December release date was announced a couple/few weeks back. Disappointing but I’m guessing they want the extra couple of weeks to get the bugs in current gen sorted and be ready to include any missing stadiums and (hopefully) scanned faces.

Do you think EA waits to add the new boots until December 4th? I know they’re behind, but it’s disappointing when boots come out in October and still aren’t in the game.
  • TM1982
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well apparently there’s some already in the database like the kits. Sometimes though EA don’t manage to get them all if PES manage to nab them as exclusives. It doesn’t appear that Nike and Adidas are releasing the boots as frequently for the players to wear. But yes I believe a chunk of them will be kept for the next gen release to make a big deal out of it.