Open/Update your ports! (Ports updated *AGAIN* November 12th 2020)

Comments

• RobotMajomInas
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    TDOF wrote: »
    I would like to try it but it seems don´t have the same options in the settings what the OP has.
    I´m on PC can someone help me ? https://ibb.co/0sWJVn1

Same principle just looks different.

You put the port in so for example 80 - 80
    TCP/UDP
    The IPv4 from CMD (ip config) and also looks like you might have to put in the MAC address

For example If I have a UDP numbers:500,120,29
    and TCP numbers:150,18,66
    I do it like:
    500-500 TCP/UDP
    150-150 TCP/UDP
    And NOT LIKE

500-500 UDP
    150-150 TCP
    Am I right ?
  • TDOF
    7378 posts League Winner
    I would like to try it but it seems don´t have the same options in the settings what the OP has.
    I´m on PC can someone help me ? https://ibb.co/0sWJVn1

Same principle just looks different.

You put the port in so for example 80 - 80
    TCP/UDP
    The IPv4 from CMD (ip config) and also looks like you might have to put in the MAC address

For example If I have a UDP numbers:500,120,29
    and TCP numbers:150,18,66
    I do it like:
    500-500 TCP/UDP
    150-150 TCP/UDP
    And NOT LIKE

500-500 UDP
    150-150 TCP
    Am I right ?

👍
  • BernaLeo87
    429 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mogga wrote: »
    20 years of developing a game where people are encouraged to mess on with stuff like this. It's a complete joke. Pleased I left the franchise 😀💪

Exactly
  • Verstappen
    4433 posts National Call-Up
    Verstappen wrote: »
    @TDOF You tested any new combinations of ports on PS4? Share some news if you do.

I didn’t try different combinations because i just had a full weekend league without a single game with delay in it... so I’m not going to touch anything since it worked for me :)

@Verstappen

Got it. Also did your setup for my last 20 games of WL. Work wonders, but can't escape sometimes from delay in some matches (here in brazil, exactly in my region, i'm used to be paired with many Argentineans and Peruvians, some of them with poor connections despite the ping going from 18 to 27).

You did a good job making a research about those ports, and i'm sure the forum is grateful for it.
  • ha032742
    41015 posts Moderator
    I put money on @TDOF having horrible gameplay again next weekend (sorry) Last year I thought I’d cracked it after getting Elite 2 one weekend after having the best gameplay every but the following weekend I struggled to get Gold 1 as the delay was so bad.

Like I said before the only consistent gameplay I’ve had is when UK/Europe are asleep.
  • AlfGarnet
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I can only play pro clubs at night during day it's so slow unresponsive don't bother with fut anymore not worth it
  • TDOF
    7378 posts League Winner
    ha032742 wrote: »
    I put money on @TDOF having horrible gameplay again next weekend (sorry) Last year I thought I’d cracked it after getting Elite 2 one weekend after having the best gameplay every but the following weekend I struggled to get Gold 1 as the delay was so bad.

Like I said before the only consistent gameplay I’ve had is when UK/Europe are asleep.

We'll see. I finished my WL on saturday played rivals all day yesterday and still nothing yet :) i am very shocked tbh lol

Hopefully it continues....
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up

We'll see. I finished my WL on saturday played rivals all day yesterday and still nothing yet :) i am very shocked tbh lol

@TDOF

Do you do anything other than Fifa?

:)
  • TDOF
    7378 posts League Winner
    tommyboyo wrote: »

@TDOF

Used to play COD but SBMM completely ruined that for me.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up

@TDOF

I meant in your day!!

Think you are the most committed to the cause on the forum.

Any time for sleeping or eating :)
  • Thefranchise92
    5525 posts Big Money Move
    DaMMian wrote: »
    Joseph88 wrote: »
    This is fake news it won’t fix anything. Thanks for the info though. I’m a FUT Founder there has been delay in the game since 2009 as time has passed I’ve had different internet providers etc Tried everything possible its clearly on their end.

It worked for me.... full weekend league (got 5 games left) and no delay yet... @Joseph88

Boss how do I do this on Xbox ?

What router are you using?

I’m not technical but a now tv one?
  • scrubosaurus
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i didnt say anithing before the WL so pp could test but, opening this ports have nothing to do with latency ingame...if you see improvemnts, sorry its placebo effect.
    most of your routers have UPNP, so you already had those ports opened before, and i bet some of you have your consoles on DMZ too...
    this is down to bad coding. the Data Centers Fifa uses are the same other major games use, COD Warzone, destiny 2 or even Clash Royal, and all this games work just fine. Damn, Warzone have 150 players in the same session and you dont see ppl warping, jumping like super mario, sticking bullets on poles, or shooting theyrsefs in theyr heads (trying to replicate fifa bugs on COD xD)
    its all about code and the engine of the game, that is good but not for a soccer game...
  • TDOF
    7378 posts League Winner

@TDOF

I meant in your day!!

Think you are the most committed to the cause on the forum.

Any time for sleeping or eating :)

After this email from EA

R1yBOuk.png

I said "If they want feedback, ill give them feedback"

So if i see that again next year, i'm giving up. I'll keep giving them constructive feedback throughout the whole year, all the way from the beta till 22 (same problems still exist)
  • TDOF
    7378 posts League Winner
    i didnt say anithing before the WL so pp could test but, opening this ports have nothing to do with latency ingame...if you see improvemnts, sorry its placebo effect.
    most of your routers have UPNP, so you already had those ports opened before, and i bet some of you have your consoles on DMZ too...
    this is down to bad coding. the Data Centers Fifa uses are the same other major games use, COD Warzone, destiny 2 or even Clash Royal, and all this games work just fine. Damn, Warzone have 150 players in the same session and you dont see ppl warping, jumping like super mario, sticking bullets on poles, or shooting theyrsefs in theyr heads (trying to replicate fifa bugs on COD xD)
    its all about code and the engine of the game, that is good but not for a soccer game...

Lag compensation 100% exists in warzone. But the NET code is coded differently. It works in 3 different timelines.

Person A, Person B and the Server.

Person A might see something different from Person B at the same time. But the server is running parallel and it'll catch up to the inputs of the person with delay/bad connection.

That's why sometimes you can get shot around corners. You're around the corner on your screen but not on the server side or person Bs screen.

It doesn't happen as often as it used to though, also the way it's coded in fifa is that everything is on one timeline.

Which causes speed up lag sometimes because the game needs you to catch up to that moment. Also this might slow down inputs from you (cause delay) so that you're in line with your opponent.

Here's more detail from someone who's more knowledgeable than me:

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/570590/lag-comp-is-one-of-the-reason-why-delay-exists-not-just-the-servers-exact-same-issue-as-fifa-20

Also it's not a placebo for me 100%, i was literally complaining about delay just a few days before and ITS VERY CLEAR when i have delay, This weekend i could actually move and react with my players. I know what delay feels like...

@scrubosaurus

• Boffa
    1351 posts Professional

Doesn't the servers for Fifa have a quite low tick rate as well which could be some of the reason for the bad performance?
  • TDOF
    7378 posts League Winner
    Boffa wrote: »

Doesn't the servers for Fifa have a quite low tick rate as well which could be some of the reason for the bad performance?

AWS servers have a 30 tick rate.... so yes, that's also a problem.
  • scrubosaurus

Lag compensation 100% exists in warzone. But the NET code is coded differently. It works in 3 different timelines.

Person A, Person B and the Server.

Person A might see something different from Person B at the same time. But the server is running parallel and it'll catch up to the inputs of the person with delay/bad connection.

That's why sometimes you can get shot around corners. You're around the corner on your screen but not on the server side or person Bs screen.

It doesn't happen as often as it used to though, also the way it's coded in fifa is that everything is on one timeline.

Which causes speed up lag sometimes because the game needs you to catch up to that moment. Also this might slow down inputs from you (cause delay) so that you're in line with your opponent.

Here's more detail from someone who's more knowledgeable than me:

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/570590/lag-comp-is-one-of-the-reason-why-delay-exists-not-just-the-servers-exact-same-issue-as-fifa-20

Also it's not a placebo for me 100%, i was literally complaining about delay just a few days before and ITS VERY CLEAR when i have delay, This weekend i could actually move and react with my players. I know what delay feels like...

@scrubosaurus

if there was no lag compensation, all fps games, for example, would be unplayable.
    i read in this forum ppl saying this weeken gameplay was better, for me it was good n saturday and horrible on sunday
  • scrubosaurus

they do, some i get with 30, others even lower.
  • TDOF
    7378 posts League Winner

If only EA invested in 120 tick servers.... hell, even 60 would be a noticeable upgrade....
  • scrubosaurus
    @TDOF dont think im not trusting you when i say its placebo.
    tbh i think this is a lost battle untill we see a new game engine that will be next year because of the new consoles.
  • scrubosaurus
    edited November 2020

If only EA invested in 120 tick servers.... hell, even 60 would be a noticeable upgrade....

"EA" and "Invest" are words that you will not see in the same sentence
  • Boffa
    1351 posts Professional
    Found some tips on Fifa addiction site that could be tried if there are some that still has problems after opening ports.

https://fifaaddiction.com/fifa-issues/
  • DaMMian
    1884 posts Play-Off Hero
    DaMMian wrote: »
    Joseph88 wrote: »
    This is fake news it won’t fix anything. Thanks for the info though. I’m a FUT Founder there has been delay in the game since 2009 as time has passed I’ve had different internet providers etc Tried everything possible its clearly on their end.

It worked for me.... full weekend league (got 5 games left) and no delay yet... @Joseph88

Boss how do I do this on Xbox ?

What router are you using?

I’m not technical but a now tv one?

I mean the name of the router, you don't need to have any special skills.
    Reading and writing is enough B)
  • Growler
    703 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2020
    Found some tips on Fifa addiction site that could be tried if there are some that still has problems after opening ports.

😂😂😂😂😂 You might touch a nerve with that comment 😂😂😂
  • NornIron
    14761 posts World Class
    edited November 2020
    Na mine is bad again, but after opening these ports I got some kinda decent gameplay for a few days. Last time it was that good was early access.
    But also remembered previous years when switching routers/isp etc I got a few days of good gameplay.
    Best thing is probably to reset your router everyday.
    Ive tried QOS, had A* bufferbloat etc nothing fixes it.
    Ive always said fifa is best when the connection is least stable, get a new isp they say 2 or 3 days settling in period will be least stable.
    The best fifa connection ive had was up until fifa 11 when I still had dial-up lag/delay was non existent back then.
  • Boffa
    1351 posts Professional
    Growler wrote: »

😂😂😂😂😂 You might touch a nerve with that comment 😂😂😂

The addiction part?
    If so, the site is obviously made for Fifa addicts and most of us on this forums is addicts. If we had not been afdicts then the game would probably been in the trash a long time ago :joy:
  • AlfGarnet
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    NornIron wrote: »
    Na mine is bad again, but after opening these ports I got some kinda decent gameplay for a few days. Last time it was that good was early access.
    But also remembered previous years when switching routers/isp etc I got a few days of good gameplay.
    Best thing is probably to reset your router everyday.
    Ive tried QOS, had A* bufferbloat etc nothing fixes it.
    Ive always said fifa is best when the connection is least stable, get a new isp they say 2 or 3 days settling in period will be least stable.
    The best fifa connection ive had was up until fifa 11 when I still had dial-up lag/delay was non existent back then.

Pes 6 was best for me remember the great lobby system where you could enter your own region play against players from your own country and host and great 2v2 groups Al this when we had 512k speeds lol
  • IronMike69
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    Opened the new ports up last week and went into fut champs this weekend...everything started great and went 11-0 with probably the best gameplay I have had in years.

Played again on Saturday night (UK) and the delay was back, not as bad as other times but it was still there.

So I think opening up the ports did help to a certain degree but in peak times you are still going to get delay.
  • Crowie
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played some more Rivals today. Game play had slowly degraded from being good/great on Friday to, today, being the worst I’ve experienced on any FIFA 18-21. It was like playing in glue and players just wouldn’t respond. Went back to WiFi after 7-8 games like that and it improved a bit.
  • scrubosaurus
    edited November 2020
    has bad has the connection is the rebounds and the thing hat happens when ur defender takes the ball from the opponent but the ball goes oh theyr feet again

something like this: