Messi- absolute monster

FilipCRO
360 posts Sunday League Hero
Rocking Primera (La Liga :D) team and finally could afford and bought Messi. He is RW in a 433(5). I read before that people were criticizing his pace and stamina. But with Hunter, he is super fast, his acceleration feels like 150. Passing and shooting are basically like cheating.

I am not sure is he cheaper than Neymar, Mbappe and CR7 because of pace, or are the other three even better than him?

But wow, what a card.

Comments

• paullardie
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm using La Liga squad as well - still a long way from Messi though. Not surprised he is good, always is. Found it easy to get a decent squad early on but did pack Rashford, Wijnaldum and a few more decent ones. Only disappointment is Ter Stegen - not great on 1 on 1's but most keepers I have used seem poor anyway.
  • AlexBear012
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2020
    Idk why people say he feels slow, he really isn't

Maybe he's not Mbappe speed, but he's quick
  • Ludinator19
    1050 posts Professional
    He’s great. And like you said, he’s still very fast.
  • FilipCRO
    paullardie wrote: »
    I'm using La Liga squad as well - still a long way from Messi though. Not surprised he is good, always is. Found it easy to get a decent squad early on but did pack Rashford, Wijnaldum and a few more decent ones. Only disappointment is Ter Stegen - not great on 1 on 1's but most keepers I have used seem poor anyway.

None of the "big three" GKs in La Liga were any good for me. Using Lloris (with Varane and Lenglet on full chem) and find him better than those 3.
  • hailphilhellmuth
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    bought him today aswell in my bpl/la liga team.. amazing card.. i play him st with sonny
  • Burchy
    1879 posts Play-Off Hero
    I use him ST/CAM and he runs the team. Stay forward institutions and his stamina isn’t a problem at all.

• Recoba10
    2541 posts Fans' Favourite
    Burchy wrote: »
    I use him ST/CAM and he runs the team. Stay forward institutions and his stamina isn’t a problem at all.

Same for me. I don't understand the price difference with the 3 others.
  • HysxteriA
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2020
    Is he lasting the full 90 for you guys then with no issues? His stamina looks awful despite what's been said here.. I'd be playing him up top.
  • Miigue
    1379 posts Professional
    I think it’s great that he has a 4 star WF, my opponents always cover his left, and when I shoot with his right foot, it’s always a goal
  • Ben
    5496 posts Big Money Move
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Is he lasting the full 90 for you guys then with no issues? His stamina looks awful despite what's been said here.. I'd be playing him up top.

No problem with stamina ..even in extra time
  • zzachzx
    6279 posts Big Money Move
    Thinking of using him as a CCAM in a 4231. Seems like that’d be fun
  • HysxteriA
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2020
    Ben wrote: »
    HysxteriA wrote: »

No problem with stamina ..even in extra time

Yeah I'm considering him. Got a whole bunch of coins from trading and I'm not sure where to go yet. Seems really positive though here.
  • I liked him, but problem was stamina for me. His right foot was lethal though
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    I sold him after one or two games. Missed couple of 1 on 1 sitters, didn't feel his presence at all. I really wanted to like him, maybe should have given him a little more time.
  • cawbrey2
    1309 posts Play-Off Hero
    I liked him, but problem was stamina for me. His right foot was lethal though

Surely u mean left lmao
  • maxi88
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2020
    Had him before before my wl starts. Lost two first games , sold Messi , bought sallah 6wins in a row. Messi is slow and lost on the pitch. Didnt workout for me
  • Unparalleled
    957 posts Professional
    He's lethal but there's a reason the top players don't use him. He gets lost against decent players.
  • hailphilhellmuth
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2020
    messi update: first 5 WL games today.. 5 rage quits.. messi is godlike in a 2 man st form.. Im not gods gift at fifa but he is insane
  • FilipCRO
    Maybe it depends on formation. During years, I also encountered top cards that worked for majority of players, but didn't for me.

I agree that in terms of cost effectiveness, it is probably better to build Prem attack with Son, Werner etc. but I enjoy playing with footballers I enjoy watching IRL, and especially when they also work well for me ingame.
  • AlexBear012
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I sold him after one or two games. Missed couple of 1 on 1 sitters, didn't feel his presence at all. I really wanted to like him, maybe should have given him a little more time.

1 or 2 games is not enough to test a player
  • Tylercftla
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    A lot of times it depends on who I’m playing whether he’s effective or not. I start him as a LM but will move him into cam or ST depending on the score. Some games he is lost but for the most part he’s worth the 700k I paid.
  • graff26lfc
    1019 posts Professional
    Get the ball into messis feet and just let him dance past defenders his close control is class
  • DanishDynamiteUS
    2098 posts Fans' Favourite
    FilipCRO wrote: »
    Maybe it depends on formation. During years, I also encountered top cards that worked for majority of players, but didn't for me.

I agree that in terms of cost effectiveness, it is probably better to build Prem attack with Son, Werner etc. but I enjoy playing with footballers I enjoy watching IRL, and especially when they also work well for me ingame.

Messi is poor on the wing and I almost sold him immediately.

Put him central on the pitch as either F9 or CAM and you’ll see wonders, he’s bossing the games every time and I’m building my team around him.

He’s making everyone else score tons of goals and gets a fair share himself, no one better at the edge of the field.
  • Maximus AK47
    3036 posts National Call-Up
    FilipCRO wrote: »
    Rocking Primera (La Liga :D) team and finally could afford and bought Messi. He is RW in a 433(5). I read before that people were criticizing his pace and stamina. But with Hunter, he is super fast, his acceleration feels like 150. Passing and shooting are basically like cheating.

I am not sure is he cheaper than Neymar, Mbappe and CR7 because of pace, or are the other three even better than him?

But wow, what a card.

glad you liked Messi card.

But put him in Central area > CAM/ or ST. best positions for a superb card
  • goo_goo_gol
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Got him at cam. Can't believe people aren't using his this year

Feels better than last years card plus his shooting is way more lethal.

More goals than games played from cam, and in div 1/WL
  • Tennster10
    2648 posts Fans' Favourite
    messi update: first 5 WL games today.. 5 rage quits.. messi is godlike in a 2 man st form.. Im not gods gift at fifa but he is insane

Which side you play him?
  • Freefolk
    1734 posts Play-Off Hero
    Been tempted to get him in for a while, has to be in 7 chem though :( price is rising so need to decide soon
  • mhh1981
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    Had him since early on. Guy is fantastic. He is either RF (and cuts in and bends in a screamer with his left or play him cam. He is fantastic. Stamina never an issue as long as you use his dribbling and not always press the pace button
  • Hagooey
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Honestly he’s just a different animal to any other player I’ve used this year, as you say he’s lethal in front of goal and his passing is spot on also.

I play him up front with OTW Werner and have him as a false 9 dropping deeper.

Only problem is now I’ve just got RB Lukaku untradeable and might need to sell Messi as I just can’t get him in team.
  • Dramacydal
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He's lethal but there's a reason the top players don't use him. He gets lost against decent players.

It probably comes down to speed and bad L stick dribbling this year. Im sure once we get his TOTY with 90+ pace even the pros will have him ingame