Will you be getting an XBox Series X/S or PS5 within the next 6 months?

truegunn3r
10780 posts Has That Special Something

Will you be getting an XBox Series X/S or PS5 within the next 6 months? 144 votes

Yes
63% 92 votes
No
22% 33 votes
Not sure
13% 19 votes

Comments

• truegunn3r
    If all the pros move onto next gen then what does that mean for the competitiveness on the older gen when it comes to playing FUT Champs?
  • Biabia
    396 posts An Exciting Prospect
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    If all the pros move onto next gen then what does that mean for the competitiveness on the older gen when it comes to playing FUT Champs?

It will be a bit easier for us I guess
  • oldboiler
    3372 posts National Call-Up
    Yes but I don’t really understand what this means for Fifa. Is it a completely new next gen game or the same game just running on a next gen console?
  • BananaBread
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Grabbing a PS5 on launch, but not for any particular reason other than I can.

Doubt I'll play much on it at first.
  • Dubbly
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Yes but I don’t really understand what this means for Fifa. Is it a completely new next gen game or the same game just running on a next gen console?

It’s getting an enhanced edition for the Series X.
  • truegunn3r
    edited October 29
    All the pros and most likely most hardcore gamers will make the switch. I am worried that this might just make the older gen very casual to play.

I might be forced to make the switch if that is the case. Very expensive though unless I go for the Xbox series S
  • tommyboyo
    2774 posts Fans' Favourite
    Series S for me.

Great price for the specs for the way I game.
  • truegunn3r
    tommyboyo wrote: »
    Series S for me.

Will the series s and x cross play?
  • Dubbly
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    All the pros and most likely most hardcore gamers will make the switch. I am worried that this might just make the older gen very casual to play.

I might be forced to make the switch if that is the case. Very expensive though unless I go for the Xbox series S

Competitive events are going to stay on this gen for FUT21, so I’m not sure if the pros will move.

Streamers etc certainly will.
  • Fergvsfood
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm going to wait and see,
    No point in shelling out for a next gen console,only to have the issues and bugs we have had for the last 5 years on fifa .
  • truegunn3r
    edited October 29
    Dubbly wrote: »

Competitive events are going to stay on this gen for FUT21, so I’m not sure if the pros will move.

But they need to have the same consoles to compete. Very unlikely that EA will market esports on outdated consoles. If one makes the change (streamers such as Tekkz, HugeGorilla, etc), then they all will have to. Also every streamer has a massive viewer base who would all be wanting to follow on ASAP. All players and club items can be moved across so it’s not a problem for them.
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    Would love to get the new Xbox but this year has been awful for me financially due to covid. I will get the kids Christmas wrapped up then see what’s left and if I’m still employed then maybe. Unless Santa has other ideas 😂
  • tommyboyo
    2774 posts Fans' Favourite
    Series S for me.

I have assumed so.

It's literally the exact same games for each machine despite the different specs.

A bit like the regular xbox and the x, or even digital only version at the moment.
  • truegunn3r
    edited October 29
    BiigDee wrote: »
    Would love to get the new Xbox but this year has been awful for me financially due to covid. I will get the kids Christmas wrapped up then see what’s left and if I’m still employed then maybe. Unless Santa has other ideas 😂
    That’s the way to go. The next gen is coming at the worst time and with the worst price. I might consider it after TOTY and see where this pandemic thing stands in January/February. I am self employed so small lockdown changes can financially impact me quite a bit.
  • truegunn3r
    edited October 29
    Series S for me.

I have assumed so.

It's literally the exact same games for each machine despite the different specs.

A bit like the regular xbox and the x, or even digital only version at the moment.

No you can’t cross play the XB1 with the Series X or S. I was just wondering if the Series S and X can do it with each other.
  • joehuk
    4767 posts Big Money Move
    No I'll wait for FIFA 22 now to move to next gen consoles.

Currently play on pc anyway.

• No.

I won't be buying a new Console until my current Console breaks, or GTA 6 is released on next Gen only.
  • Verstappen
    4416 posts National Call-Up
    As a Brazilian, pay 5k on new PS5? No way.
  • Lfc23
    2753 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maybe towards end of next year

Don’t play as much as I use to money’s best of on other things at the moment
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    BiigDee wrote: »
    That’s the way to go. The next gen is coming at the worst time and with the worst price. I might consider it after TOTY and see where this pandemic thing stands in January/February. I am self employed so small lockdown changes can financially impact me quite a bit.

Totally get it mate, I’ve been kind of lucky in a sense as I’m employed so I had furlough payments but still lost £1600 a month. It’s been hard and i returned to work 6 weeks ago and 4 of them have been in bloody isolation so only getting SSP. I live in Wales but work in England, English can get £500 if they have to isolate but not in Wales. Bloody rules are laughable. Back to work next week but god knows how long for with how it’s looking for bristol. Still Me and my family are safe and sound and that’s all that matters to me. Hope it all works out for you to Fella as I’ve a few mates self employed and you’ve been screwed a few times
  • Drachenfells
    1539 posts Play-Off Hero
    Series S for me.

I have assumed so.

No you can’t cross play the XB1 with the Series X or S. I was just wondering if the Series S and X can do it with each other.

The s and the x are the same machine inside, really the only difference is that the s cannot do 4k,thats it so far.

Yes the series S and X will be able to play each other,
  • truegunn3r
    edited October 29
    Series S for me.

I have assumed so.

The s and the x are the same machine inside, really the only difference is that the s cannot do 4k,thats it so far.

Yes the series S and X will be able to play each other,
    Then the s might be the best option for now if we are on a budget and then move onto the x once the pandemic is over, hopefully. I only play Fifa and bought it digital so not a problem. Though I want to get AC Valhalla too because it looks immense so forced to buy digital versions if I have the series s.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5979 posts Big Money Move

Next gen game
  • FutsalBros0710
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    PS5 probably around Christmas holidays if there will be some discount...
  • truegunn3r
    edited October 29
    That’s too soon for discounts. Retailers might do some bundle packages with PSN/games, etc but nothing less.
  • Kulman
    911 posts Semi-Pro
    I still have day 1 PS4 running. If it lasts until some smaller version of ps5 comes out it will retire
  • Drachenfells
    1539 posts Play-Off Hero

But they need to have the same consoles to compete. Very unlikely that EA will market esports on outdated consoles. If one makes the change (streamers such as Tekkz, HugeGorilla, etc), then they all will have to. Also every streamer has a massive viewer base who would all be wanting to follow on ASAP. All players and club items can be moved across so it’s not a problem for them.

All pro events on fifa 21 will be on current hardware, not the new PS5 or Series S/X all the pros and people who want to qualify via events will not make the switch yet, as when they go to events they will still will play on the PS4 or Xbox one.

If any pros made the swich they would be at a disadvantage as they will become use to a version that is not uses at the events, Pros who did not switch would have a huge advantage over those that did.

Some Streamers will switch, but not if they intend to play in events.

The P.C is not getting a new version so streamers who play on P.C will not see a change
  • FutsalBros0710
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    No way that’s too soon. Maybe some bundle packages with PSN/games, etc

Well tech shops over here tend to do lot of discounts around Christmas so it could happen I think (mostly I hope)...
  • grogans_heroes
    1900 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes, if Sony will just take my money now...but they won't...
  • truegunn3r
    edited October 29

All pro events on fifa 21 will be on current hardware, not the new PS5 or Series S/X all the pros and people who want to qualify via events will not make the switch yet, as when they go to events they will still will play on the PS4 or Xbox one.

If any pros made the swich they would be at a disadvantage as they will become use to a version that is not uses at the events, Pros who did not switch would have a huge advantage over those that did.

Some Streamers will switch, but not if they intend to play in events.

The P.C is not getting a new version so streamers who play on P.C will not see a change
    That’s music to my ears if it’s true. I’ll stick onto the XB1 until Fifa 22 then. Hopefully you’re right