Upcoming Weekend League

Wayno69
1729 posts Play-Off Hero
hey guys

So after allowing FIFA20 to ruin my entire life I decided to take FIFA a lot less seriously. I've only played about 40 odd games in total on FIFA 21 and managed to qualify for this WL.

To the guys that played the last 2, what should I expect? Is it balls to the wall sweat from game 1? Everyone playing 4231 counter?

I've also read somewhere here that gameplay is different to rivals, if so in what way? I have a starter team so not expecting to hit Elite or anything ill be happy with g2.

Comments

• Just strap in and prepare for the bs 😂
  • 4231 isn’t as good this year so those that are using it and stuck in the past, I find I have an advantage against from the off.

So wouldn’t worry about that, also having a cdm on drop between defenders stops me getting countered it that helps
  • futscp
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    Believe me, you will suffer... Everyone using +95 pace forwards, loads of through balls and drop back. Ah, also auto block is so good that you need to be clear on goal to score.
  • Dubbly
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played in the first one this year.

Found it better than most of the ones I played in last year.
  • Wayno69
    1729 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just strap in and prepare for the bs 😂

Thanks bro got my lube ready :lol:
    RGBadger wrote: »
    4231 isn’t as good this year so those that are using it and stuck in the past, I find I have an advantage against from the off.

So wouldn’t worry about that, also having a cdm on drop between defenders stops me getting countered it that helps

yea i've also noticed that, 433 formations generally do very well against it but hardly anyone played with it before this FIFA. Thanks for the tip, I will def give that a try tonight! I play 6/7 depth so I'm sure it will help.
  • Wayno69
    1729 posts Play-Off Hero
    futscp wrote: »
    Believe me, you will suffer... Everyone using +95 pace forwards, loads of through balls and drop back. Ah, also auto block is so good that you need to be clear on goal to score.

I know bro haha I guess for some guys who struggle to defend thats the only way to go, can't blame them tho, if it works for you then go for it!
  • JustusX
    653 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m not great at defending TBH so I don’t bother going for a defensive formation as I just get beaten anyway using one so just set up more attacking and it is what it is. Managed Silver 1 and there is a lot of defensive players with Adama and Rodrigo up top.
  • Wayno69
    1729 posts Play-Off Hero
    JustusX wrote: »
    I’m not great at defending TBH so I don’t bother going for a defensive formation as I just get beaten anyway using one so just set up more attacking and it is what it is. Managed Silver 1 and there is a lot of defensive players with Adama and Rodrigo up top.

Standard tactics then. Very one-dimensional so easy to read. Much easier said than done tho
  • graff26lfc
    385 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Adamas, gomez and rodrigos as far as the eye can see....
  • Boothby26
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Expect bounce bounce bounce goal
  • Wayno69
    1729 posts Play-Off Hero
    graff26lfc wrote: »
    Adamas, gomez and rodrigos as far as the eye can see....

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a lot of fun :lol:
    Boothby26 wrote: »
    Expect bounce bounce bounce goal

How was last weeks fut champs for you?
  • Stav93
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    RGBadger wrote: »
    4231 isn’t as good this year so those that are using it and stuck in the past, I find I have an advantage against from the off.

4231 is still a very good balanced formation used right. The 4231 dropback bs is far less effective now though, easily countered with a good press.