Is there any point in playing the game?

BMAC1998
18 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Packs, finished gold 3, and div 3 rank 2 so got good packs as a reward. Not one player over 83 in any pack. Honestly no point in grinding and playing no reward what so ever

Comments

• Primofusion
    1216 posts Professional
    Sell the players and use the coins towards building your team up. That’s the reward. You need luck to get decent pulls.
  • Mr Masenko
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just had Div 4 Rank 1 rewards and highest pull was an 82.

Elite One Squad Battles each week.

Every advanced and daily SBC.

Done every Milestone that yields packs.

Still yet to get anything worth more than 50k.

The amount of time I put into actually playing the game is not paying off whatsoever this year.
  • Dubbly
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you’re just playing a game for the rewards then I don’t see why you’d ever bother playing video games.
  • Wayno69
    1729 posts Play-Off Hero
    yea man. To get better than Div 3 and G3. No offense bro. Also bc its fun
  • Mr Masenko
    Dubbly wrote: »
    If you’re just playing a game for the rewards then I don’t see why you’d ever bother playing video games.

I play this game as I love football and the footballers that play the sport.

So I'm spending most of my freetime playing the game to try and get said players.

Yes I love scoring goals with my Alex Teixeira, but would I prefer that to be a Mane or a Neymar, ABSOLUTELY.

So of course rewards mean something!
  • Team Sam
    2793 posts National Call-Up
    BMAC1998 wrote: »
    Packs, finished gold 3, and div 3 rank 2 so got good packs as a reward. Not one player over 83 in any pack. Honestly no point in grinding and playing no reward what so ever

If you don't enjoy the actual playing part, then stop
  • GoodnightIrene
    4056 posts National Call-Up
    Mr Masenko wrote: »

So I'm spending most of my freetime playing the game to try and get said players.

Yes I love scoring goals with my Alex Teixeira, but would I prefer that to be a Mane or a Neymar, ABSOLUTELY.

Maybe try seasons or career mode perhaps?
  • Mr Masenko

That's a fair point but it's also crap being shoehorned into a different game mode due to the pure bad RNG/Pack Luck I'm getting.

Doesn't matter the mode of play, actual gametime played should factor into your progression.

Traders trade to get coins, that's totally fine.

But I really believe there should be some kind of multiplier incentive for people who actually PLAY the game and get no decent players, almost like a pity system you'd see in a Gacha game.

Maybe even make the season rewards a guaranteed minimum rating plus for the near level 30 rewards.
  • Neil_14
    1022 posts Professional
    I got useless red picks and no one over 83 in WL rewards but I'll still play because that's how I see it, a game, playing, for fun...
  • OZero
    7159 posts Big Money Move

That's a fair point but it's also crap being shoehorned into a different game mode due to the pure bad RNG/Pack Luck I'm getting.

Doesn't matter the mode of play, actual gametime played should factor into your progression.

Traders trade to get coins, that's totally fine.

But I really believe there should be some kind of multiplier incentive for people who actually PLAY the game and get no decent players, almost like a pity system you'd see in a Gacha game.

Maybe even make the season rewards a guaranteed minimum rating plus for the near level 30 rewards.

Mukiele is there.
  • Gazmac_868
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    OZero wrote: »
    I feel like people are working instead of playing.

Exactly this the funs being sucked out of fut. It's just ultra competitive I want the best rewards all the time. Wish it would go back to the way it was 12/13 lol.
  • Chavez76
    7163 posts Big Money Move

this.. And I dont understand it.
    If you dont like to play, why play at all? Only for opening rewards?
    Might be better off playing something else then?
  • Greezyweezy101
    1921 posts Fans' Favourite
    You can just play for fun, you know, like we used to.

People are so hung up on rewards.

Its not necessarily about being hung up on rewards but how the reward system unbalances competition.

Me and my brother are a very simular level on this game. The only difference is he packed Mbappe and sold him for well over a mil and my best pack has been De Gea, 80K.

His team is now so much better than mine that he is now yielding even more packs and strengthen even more as his team helps him to more wins.
  • Mr Masenko
    Chavez76 wrote: »

this.. And I dont understand it.
    If you dont like to play, why play at all? Only for opening rewards?
    Might be better off playing something else then?

Look, I play because I enjoy Football, so I am having fun (amongst all the normal Fifa rage etc).

But at the same time getting constant bad packs does occasionally spoil the experience somewhat.

How could it not? When you see people pulling Icons and your mates pulling Mbappes, which then let's them user better players to enhance there enjoyment even further.

• Klerk87
    374 posts Sunday League Hero

completely the same here mate.

I'm skipping WL this weekend.
    But just play for the love of playing.
    If you don't want to play, don't play.
  • Rich
    558 posts An Exciting Prospect

For fun?
  • Mr Masenko
    So just a quick question here, the people saying "just don't play if you aren't having fun", or "go play seasons are something else".

What is the reason you play FUT?
  • RadioShaq
    16684 posts Moderator
    You could always play for fun. If you are just playing for rewards probably get bored once you have a good team and don’t have something to grind for.

You could always play friendlies where everyone has a good team.
  • Klerk87
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    So just a quick question here, the people saying "just don't play if you aren't having fun", or "go play seasons are something else".

It's the most fun game type.
    I also like the SBC's and Obectives.
    And play the WL when I have time.

It's competitive and challenging.

The rewards are only in-game worth something so i don't spend money on the game ( I'm Belgian so it's not even possible ) But it's sometimes frustrating when i pack absolute dogsh.. and you see these pay-to-win types rocking a god squad. ( but often their skills are also dogsh... )
  • Gazmac_868

I play for fun an escape from real life. For me its building up my squad through the year without fps. I'm currently doing a man utd rtg which I'm really enjoying. I've accepted that I'm not packing anything substantial so anything I do is a bonus. Now you ve probably spent a couple of hundred on fifa points got your neymar's and mpbappes and now you think the game owes you an icon or something. The only complaint I can have this year is the delay/lag is so bad I can only play online at 6am But I'm hopeful that situation will improve.
  • Chavez76
    7163 posts Big Money Move

because I like to build a team, I like to be competitive every now and then. I like to play the game. I like to trade every now and then.
    And I am relaxed enough if I dont pack icons .
  • Mr Masenko
    edited October 29
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »

I play for fun an escape from real life. For me its building up my squad through the year without fps. I'm currently doing a man utd rtg which I'm really enjoying. I've accepted that I'm not packing anything substantial so anything I do is a bonus. Now you ve probably spent a couple of hundred on fifa points got your neymar's and mpbappes and now you think the game owes you an icon or something. The only complaint I can have this year is the delay/lag is so bad I can only play online at 6am But I'm hopeful that situation will improve.

Not spent a penny this year myself, pure RTG.

I think it's just an accumulation of no good packs and seeing friends packing loads that has created this divide with my time spent/enjoyment of the game.

Purely using untradeable Frenchman atm, and going completely liquid with my coins to try and gradually get a decent stash together.
  • OZero
    7159 posts Big Money Move

Build my own team.
  • IanFreeman
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Your problem is you compare yourself to the addicts on here.

‘OMG I love 7.5k packs’ ... ‘My pack luck is insaneee this year’.

What they dont tell you is that they spend hundreds if not more on these packs. The packs are weighted hideously, you are very lucky if you get someone good in your packs. I opened 2 55k packs, 2 100k packs and 2 125k packs this morning and the best I got was untradeable Allan 😂. That is the true pack weight. Don’t listen to the liars on here who ‘opened a 7.5k pack out of boredom and packed Mbappe’, they’re liars 99% of the time.
  • Mr Masenko
    You can just play for fun, you know, like we used to.

People are so hung up on rewards.

Its not necessarily about being hung up on rewards but how the reward system unbalances competition.

Me and my brother are a very simular level on this game. The only difference is he packed Mbappe and sold him for well over a mil and my best pack has been De Gea, 80K.

His team is now so much better than mine that he is now yielding even more packs and strengthen even more as his team helps him to more wins.

This is EXACTLY what I was trying to get at.
  • Diem
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    IanFreeman wrote: »
    Don’t listen to the liars on here who ‘opened a 7.5k pack out of boredom and packed Mbappe’, they’re liars 99% of the time.

Yes and no. *Someone* has to pack Mbappe, and there are so many people on the forums that is going to feel like *everyone* is getting great luck.

Had exactly the same conversation with my son, who was complaining he never gets anything and one of his friends has had insane luck. He has loads of friends playing, so one of them is bound to hit something.

He's also totally forgotten last year that it was him!
  • Gazmac_868
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »

Not spent a penny this year myself, pure RTG.

I think it's just an accumulation of no good packs and seeing friends packing loads that has created this divide with my time spent/enjoyment of the game.

Purely using untradeable Frenchman atm, and going completely liquid with my coins to try and gradually get a decent stash together.

Well maybe your friends have been lucky this week maybe you will be next week who knows. Just do your own thing and don't be worrying about friends who might not be totally honest about how many fps they ve purchased.
  • IanFreeman
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Diem wrote: »
    IanFreeman wrote: »
    Don’t listen to the liars on here who ‘opened a 7.5k pack out of boredom and packed Mbappe’, they’re liars 99% of the time.

Yes and no. *Someone* has to pack Mbappe, and there are so many people on the forums that is going to feel like *everyone* is getting great luck.

Had exactly the same conversation with my son, who was complaining he never gets anything and one of his friends has had insane luck. He has loads of friends playing, so one of them is bound to hit something.

He's also totally forgotten last year that it was him!

I agree with you for the most part.

There are a lot of lying addicts on this forum, though. Which leaves some people annoyed that they’re not packing anything, when in reality they’re better off by not spending actual money