Silver Lounge takes a better measure of your skill rating

truegunn3r
10723 posts Has That Special Something
edited October 29
It has none of the meta bs which you get in DR and WL. Way too many **** players get rewarded for exploiting the broken game mechanics. When it simply comes to playing football with rubbish silver players, they suffer. I’m loving this mode.

Comments

• greif44
    4093 posts National Call-Up
    Agree, enjoy it way more than DR and WL. Imo playing with a silver team requires some other sort of skill that is much closer to football.
  • ChappellRovers
    3316 posts National Call-Up
    I was enjoying it. Its irritating sometimes though - i got rage quits at 1-0 up in the first ten mins 3 games in a row! Also had a 9-10 loss which was more fun.
  • Kvkortrijk19
    1338 posts Play-Off Hero
    They should do a silver fut champs!!!
  • Dubbly
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero

This would ruin silver objectives forever.

You think it’s bad now with everyone using the same team, there’s wayyyy less good silvers than golds.
  • Orison
    57992 posts National Treasure
    Not really.

Passing is kinda dead with these cards and most people aren't even playing seriously.

Also the matchmaking radius is bigger than in rivals so you can match worse opponents.

My skillrating for live friendlies is locked at 2000, can't get higher and I find them to be very very easy. Think atm I'm averaging a loss every 15-20 games or so. Has nothing to do with the game mode being more skillbased, but with the opponents being worse.
  • Kellnerr
    3991 posts National Call-Up
    It's great to have some fun from Monday-Thursday and to play some casual games.
  • oldboiler
    3314 posts National Call-Up
    9/9 wins in the silver lounge, that must mean I’m professional
  • spy
    1706 posts Play-Off Hero
    I haven’t started playing this week yet but found last week more people had decent silver teams so it was a lot harder. I think I will have to upgrade the team I pulled together from what I had in my club or the objectives will take me longer and longer every week!
  • Gazmac_868
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes correct
  • GTaylor
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Took me 10 minutes to complete the Kean objective. Played 4 teams all with poor chem and each player quit at 2 down.

Loving being able to play with silvers again like the old days, used to love that Porto Kelvin.

Just wish there was a Silver Rivals competition that ran alongside the standard one. Could get rid of all my golds and just enjoy the game again.
  • Amdp9
    5696 posts Big Money Move
    Indeed
  • Foldsea
    1252 posts Professional
    There should be one for bronze Also , and maybe it would be better of you could choose 1 out of 3-5 diffrent players from diffrent leagues and positions, but i guess we cant have everything.
  • Mido
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 29
    Pretty much the same as any other game mode. PTB and lash it forward to quick forward players. This coming from a player who used to only play silver and bronze tournaments.
  • JPRM71
    3581 posts National Call-Up
    Ballerson wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Not really.

Passing is kinda dead with these cards and most people aren't even playing seriously.

Also the matchmaking radius is bigger than in rivals so you can match worse opponents.

My skillrating for live friendlies is locked at 2000, can't get higher and I find them to be very very easy. Think atm I'm averaging a loss every 15-20 games or so. Has nothing to do with the game mode being more skillbased, but with the opponents being worse.

Whenever I read your posts, you never cease to remind the reader of how excellent you are at this game...that’s a significant contribution, thanks for sharing.

He’d eat himself if he could 😀
  • IraqBruin
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Foldsea wrote: »
    There should be one for bronze Also , and maybe it would be better of you could choose 1 out of 3-5 diffrent players from diffrent leagues and positions, but i guess we cant have everything.

I can envision them using the silver lounge more creatively to stop people from consolidating their silver team. For example, 5 English players or Five MLS players, ..etc.
  • Mido wrote: »
    Pretty much the same as any other game mode. PTB and lash it forward to quick forward players. This coming from a player who used to only play silver and bronze tournaments.

I get your point, rivals & cl are one dimensional.

However Speed is speed — all rl top teams have it or want it....same w us silver lovers.

Silvers So far allow for more diversity in team composition and still being competitive. This is a fun and good thing. I couldn’t field my silver Ghana team in Rivals and do well — cause I’m not that good at the game — but I can compete and have fun w this team in silvers.

Biggest difference is that the ai auto blocks are not as atrocious... yes the ptb counters are super irritating but tbh headers and crossing are still really tough, so until a higher percentage of headers go in and peeps can put wanbisakka or some other rblb at cb with no consequences...ptb will still be riguer for some people...

• Royalwhite
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Silver lounge could be the best thing introduced by EA in the recent 3 seasons of the game , pure fun 👍
  • Moose Factory
    5006 posts Big Money Move
    I'm just happy to not have to deal with the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ meta players in a not super competitive mode and see some diversity in the squads. I played a guy twice this morning, matched back to back. He won the first time and then I won the second time. But even the loss felt satisfying. Big difference from other modes.
  • Knowlesdinho
    14240 posts Has That Special Something
    Ballerson wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Not really.

Whenever I read your posts, you never cease to remind the reader of how excellent you are at this game...that’s a significant contribution, thanks for sharing.

Deserves more likes.
  • gorillabear
    1055 posts Professional
    edited October 29
    Loving these too. EA made some good decisions in this fifa with this and removing fitness cards. Mukhtar is so fun to play with
  • futscp
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fut Champs should be a mix of: 10x regular WL games, 10x Silver only player games and 10x Bronze only player games. This would give a purpose to bronze and silver cards and would reduce the pay to win factor as you can only use your R9 and Gullit for 10 games in WL.

Who's with me?
  • Mido
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 29
    futscp wrote: »
    Fut Champs should be a mix of: 10x regular WL games, 10x Silver only player games and 10x Bronze only player games. This would give a purpose to bronze and silver cards and would reduce the pay to win factor as you can only use your R9 and Gullit for 10 games in WL.

Who's with me?

Didn’t they try mix WL up on Fifa 18 or 19? Adding a silver requirement a couple of times. Pretty sure it didn’t go down well at all at the time 😅

Kind of wish it wasn’t a friendly mode with the silvers due to goals etc not going on players records. Would love to see them do more with silvers and bronzes again in the future.
  • Stav93
    376 posts Sunday League Hero

Not sure about this, you'd likely get everyone using the same players still...

However...

I do believe they should absolutely do themed FUT Champs every once in a while to mix it up. I'm near sure they used to a few years ago? Might be talking absolute pony though 🤷‍♂️
  • Delvinho
    2192 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 30
    Gave it my first go this week as I couldn’t see me using none of the other IFs they’ve offered. Took me back to the good old silver tournaments. Will be completing them weekly. Credit where credits due great addition to objectives by EA
  • Speed haha my Andy Carroll and Dwight Gayle strike force is amazing. I love the silver modes again.