EA is neither a good publisher nor a good developer

SBaggio59
530 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited October 2020
The gameplay of Fifa 21 is abysmal, there are a lot of inconsistencies, it's a poor job.
EA cannot release a range of games like this, it is not possible, it is totally unacceptable gameplay.

The game as it is, is simply unplayable. I don't know what EA is doing with game programming, but it's not serious, it's more blatant.

The ball does anything and the programming of the game favors one way or another but in an unbearable way. The player animations are bizarre, with teams galloping 90 minutes without getting tired. Insensitive or passive players, terrible responsiveness issues ... I don't know what EA did in developing the game, but EA is not a good game developer.

The players collide, leaving the road clear for the opposing goal. Strong players are pushed like vulgar puppets by skinny little players. The consistency of the game is absurd and has not been worked on. Collisions favorable to repetition are always present.

Beyond that, there is a problem with the programming of the game linked to the fate of the scenario which is not normal. It is not normal for the game's programming to favor too much one way or another, but in a very abusive way it does not make sense or it is a competence issue on EA's part, who doesn't know how to properly develop a game.

I don't understand EA.

After a while EA has to stop his mess.
Post edited by SBaggio59 on

Comments

• Bonusb3rtie
    590 posts An Exciting Prospect
    "Strong players are pushed like vulgar puppets by skinny little players."

I love Baggios posts. Quite the extensive vocabulary! 😃
  • Crowsy
    91 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2020
    The top players seem to like this and the players that play in competitions but it seems we mere mortals do not like it. The game of FIFA is not realistic at all but you used to have the odd good game.

I'm an older player but have played FIFA since 08 and in most of them versions there was some fun to be had but with FIFA 21 it looks like the fun has been sucked out the game. The earlier versions I used to play a lot and as they go on I have played each one less and less. Give us some fun back EA, please?
    Post edited by Crowsy on
  • maxi88
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm pretty sure they are helpless. With current game engine its impossible to make a good game
  • TeamExtreme17
    4962 posts Big Money Move
    I have no hope for next gen. As a company they are only motivated by greed. I predict a further decline in the quality of the product and more lost licenses. Only a decline in FUT revenue would motivate them and if they ever lost the ability to gouge via FIFA points they'd probably just give up rather than try to make a good game.

The sooner Fifa Points are banned the better.
  • Downthewing85
    898 posts Professional
    I think 21 is amazing 😂
  • Bonusb3rtie
    590 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fifa ia ALWAYS good. But this year there are some serious flaws imo. Much more than most.
  • SBaggio59
    For me the game does not work and is not ready, there are a lot of inconsistencies and illogicality. Too many inconsistencies, the players are heavy, but heavy, it's not fun to play at all, it looks worse than before. I do not understand anything about this development, it is anarchy.

I don't think there is any point in changing the gameplay of Fifa 21, it would be worse than good, the game is rotten, it was programmed like this, nobody will be able to do anything, even EA. EA just needs to answer the call of many players who are fed up with their stupid development, including making another style of play, simpler, more understandable, more enjoyable, faster, less headache, more of logic. .. EA needs to understand that gamers want to have fun with a real video game, period. Fifa 21 no longer looks like a game, it is a program where EA persists in imposing; good for those who like, but a lot of gamers don't like, EA is stubborn. In short, EA, Fifa 21 is a failure, many players do not like.

I think EA needs to change, and also needs to change for those who don't like the way they program, especially creating another gameplay alternative.

Fifa 21 is neither a simulation game nor an arcade game, it is a prototype that many do not understand.

Personally, I don't understand EA. I do not understand their logic, nor their way of working. Moreover, we do not hear them, no communications, nothing.

If EA seeks to copy the reality of the matches, it is poorly done; but in addition, modern football is not always a very good example to follow. EA does not master simulation programming, I am all for an arcade game.
  • SBaggio59
    edited October 2020
    In short, the basis of a good video game is its logic but also, a good gameplay, I do not find either of these two elements in Fifa 21.

Fifa 21 is a superficial game, the players are well represented physically, but their actual characteristics often do not correspond to reality. In any case, it's badly programmed or badly done, I don't feel them very well on the pitch, I even sometimes wonder if the notes are there to make the illusion that it's real, a bit like the gauge of fatigue.

So overall, with these many inconsistencies, playing comfort and enjoyment are greatly impacted.

This is serious, because EA has a story and doesn't know how to react appropriately, or doesn't want to; proof that EA is no longer in the game.

I find EA more of a good art creation company than a good video game developer. Maybe he needs to reorient himself towards making cartoons.

The mistake is not to have proposed another gameplay alternative on the same game, arcade type, I think it would be less complicated to program for EA.

I also think that many territories are at a disadvantage compared to the quality and consistent deployments of EA servers, the results online are often catastrophic. Add that to bad gameplay, it's just not possible anymore.
  • SBaggio59
    edited October 2020
    The quality and consistency of gameplay is at the heart of a game, with so many inconsistencies in the Fifa 21 game, and despite all the criticism raised, EA continues in its stubbornness.

No mode or option can be interesting if the heart is not there.

In my opinion, this year "Konami" PES 21 passed in front of "EA" Fifa 21, the wheel turns, that's how it is. Konami has managed to do what EA cannot, which is to better master the simulation development method. EA remains a good artist when it comes to creating images or graphics, that's all; as for the gameplay, no it can't if EA doesn't change, I think EA should go back a bit more in the sense of simplicity or add another gameplay alternative in the same game, arcade style. Today, Fifa 21 doesn't really look like a video game anymore, with so many complexities and inconsistencies. It sticks more, it's more fun. While not perfect, the balance of PES 21 is more consistent than the gameplay balance of Fifa 21, this is only my opinion.

I find Konami has done a lot more work than EA in many areas of the game, the two are copying each other, but Konami has found a better and nicer compromise. EA must reinvent itself.

EA creates knots from year to year with its programming method that EA does not really master, and does not listen enough, too bad; Fortunately for gamers, there are many other great games and publishers out there.

Fifa 21 came out in a rush without being properly tested and without being properly programmed or developed, which is damaging.

It must be said that Konami is a very strong publisher. EA forgot about the basics, that is, the playing comfort and the pleasure that the player can experience while playing the game, with so many approximations that it is just not possible, a video game cannot.
    Post edited by SBaggio59 on
  • the_pack_king
    618 posts An Exciting Prospect
    "Strong players are pushed like vulgar puppets by skinny little players."

I love Baggios posts. Quite the extensive vocabulary! 😃

Reminded me of something Leonard Cohen said lol
  • the_pack_king
    618 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    The quality and consistency of gameplay is at the heart of a game, with so many inconsistencies in the Fifa 21 game, and despite all the criticism raised, EA continues in its stubbornness.

In my opinion, this year "Konami" PES 21 passed in front of "EA" Fifa 21, the wheel turns, that's how it is. Konami has managed to do what EA cannot, which is to better master the simulation development method. EA remains a good artist when it comes to creating images or graphics, that's all; as for the gameplay, no it can't if EA doesn't change, I think EA should go back a bit more in the sense of simplicity or add another gameplay alternative in the same game, arcade style. Today, Fifa 21 doesn't really look like a video game anymore, with so many complexities and inconsistencies. It sticks more, it's more fun. While not perfect, the balance of PES 21 is more consistent than the gameplay balance of Fifa 21, this is only my opinion.

I find Konami has done a lot more work than EA in many areas of the game, the two are copying each other, but Konami has found a better and nicer compromise. EA must reinvent itself.

EA creates knots from year to year with its programming method that EA does not really master, and does not listen enough, too bad; Fortunately for gamers, there are many other great games and publishers out there.

Fifa 21 came out in a rush without being properly tested and without being properly programmed or developed, which is damaging.

It must be said that Konami is a very strong publisher. EA forgot about the basics, that is, the playing comfort and the pleasure that the player can experience while playing the game, with so many approximations that it is just not possible, a video game cannot.

I don't agree with your opinion on Pes 21 overtaking Fifa, and if you do belive that then why Pes 21 and not Pes 20 considering its the exact same game with a "season update"

Over the last decade I have purchased pes and fifa and would play both as both of them have strong/weak points.

This year I have gave up with Pes but will try the rebuild next gen, I do enjoy playing on the pitch but it's everything that Konami has done off the pitch that puts me off the game.

The servers are even worse than EAs, the menus are the most horrible things I have seen and burn my eyes looking at them, I'm a big ultimate team fan and unfortunately my club is nowhere near the levels of ultimate team. Every my club team in pes from launch is a team of world beaters, I know we complain about the pack weight in fifa but in pes your playing against Messi and Ronaldo every game.

If Konami could re build and redesign everything they do off the pitch then imo it might attract more people to actually go on the pitch but until that happens fifa will always be the king (and considering Konami release the same design, same modes year after year I dont expect anything to change anytime soon)
  • SBaggio59
    edited October 2020
    SBaggio59 wrote: »

I don't agree with your opinion on Pes 21 overtaking Fifa, and if you do belive that then why Pes 21 and not Pes 20 considering its the exact same game with a "season update"

Over the last decade I have purchased pes and fifa and would play both as both of them have strong/weak points.

This year I have gave up with Pes but will try the rebuild next gen, I do enjoy playing on the pitch but it's everything that Konami has done off the pitch that puts me off the game.

The servers are even worse than EAs, the menus are the most horrible things I have seen and burn my eyes looking at them, I'm a big ultimate team fan and unfortunately my club is nowhere near the levels of ultimate team. Every my club team in pes from launch is a team of world beaters, I know we complain about the pack weight in fifa but in pes your playing against Messi and Ronaldo every game.

If Konami could re build and redesign everything they do off the pitch then imo it might attract more people to actually go on the pitch but until that happens fifa will always be the king (and considering Konami release the same design, same modes year after year I dont expect anything to change anytime soon)

I respect your opinion. In my opinion, once again today PES 21 is ahead of Fifa 21 in terms of overall game quality. "Gameplay"
    Previously, for previous games, I've always found EA to be always a cut above.

Konami has improved in the development of simulation gameplay.

I have a lot more fun playing PES 21 than Fifa 21. It's the first time in a long time that I've found PES better than Fifa. Last year the two editors were more or less equal in my opinion, today the PES is a step forward, too many inconsistencies in Fifa 21 and too much uncorrected stuff. Admittedly, PES is not perfect.

Again, this is only my opinion.
  • TM1982
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2020
    It’s refreshing to see people debate and not hammer someone for their opinion just because it doesn’t match their own.

I’m another one who plays both games each year. I’m still siding with FIFA in terms of gameplay, but this is based solely on offline play as I don’t play the online modes.

I’d say PES has caught up a little in recent years, but isn’t quite there yet. Visually PES is a bit of a hit and miss for me. The stadiums are incredible and their first next gen instalment next year I think will be very interesting. But the player models and animations still haven’t progressed enough yet. They update faces a lot, but they don’t look as good imo as FIFA’s when EA has scanned someone.

I’m on Xbox so can’t make use of an option file, which I’m sure would enhance my experience more to have all the correct kits, competition names etc.

I wasn’t expecting much from FIFA this year if I’m honest as the pandemic and launch of new consoles have given EA another couple of excuses to delay things that they would have probably delayed anyway unless it was something relating to FUT.

The offline gameplay this year though I am pretty happy with. I’m sure it’ll become less enjoyable though as they release more patches.

They will never be able to keep everyone happy though. And I still think ideally both companies should be allowed to purchase all the licences for the leagues they want to include, and then us public can choose which game warrants our hard earned money.

It would be the only way imo that both companies will realise they have to work on improving the fundamentals of their product.

I’m not hugely excited in the lead up to the release dates anymore. Back in the day I couldn’t wait for Pro Evo every year.
  • MaldinisHeir
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    If Konami could re build and redesign everything they do off the pitch then imo it might attract more people to actually go on the pitch but until that happens fifa will always be the king (and considering Konami release the same design, same modes year after year I dont expect anything to change

Ironic you posted this under my comment!

This is precisely the biggest problem with modern football games and the world generally.

It’s all style over substance. Our insistence on licences hands EA a monopoly. If we just ignored all of the off the pitch stuff, and focused on gameplay then it would allow new entrants and we’d be miles ahead by now instead of going backwards.

It’s probably the main reason PES has traditionally been better. It didn’t rely on licences as much. But in recent years as it has become more “official” the gameplay gets worse. They “forgot” to include penalties in PES20.

Imagine that. It’s 2020 and they’re releasing football games without any penalties......
  • Crowsy
    91 posts Park Captain
    I play both games too, I have been trying to break free from FIFA for a few years now but always seem to fall back on FIFA. I should say I only play cm and FIFA has always been that little more in depth especially with the English leagues.

If it was just based on gameplay I would say PES overtook FIFA on PES 19. Despite what people think PES 21 maybe just an update but there has been tweaks to the gameplay and it shows, PES is certainly better value than FIFA this year.

I don't like the way FIFA plays this year, it isn't fun for me who played FIFA 20 on ultimate but am struggling on WC this year. I don't even mind that EA thought they would introduce new gameplay but the problem is there was no option to play the old way. So instead of pleasing all the fans they have divided them.

What Maldinisheir said about editing is true, give the fans an option to edit the game and the game will be better. The option files in PES are just stunning, everything there you could wish for. And with EA losing teams like Juventus and AS Roma isn't it about time FIFA was opened up. Saying that in FIFA 20 you could could edit the files with the 'live editor' on the PC and then you had loads of options which you could change, I thought it good, I liked playing as the actual manager but there was so much more.

FIFA 21 alas has far fewer mods, something about 'Live Editor' which results in less enjoyment for me. EA probably won't open up for editing as I think they would be embarrassed by what some modders can do.

It will be interesting to see now that the Dutch government have ruled to fine EA and there are other countries following up on law suits will this actually help FIFA? If EA decide to concentrate on the game instead of squeezing money out of kids through their gambling mechanic then yes we will all benefit but something tells me 'this is EA' and they will find some other angle to exploit, They need a 'takeover' LOL.
  • MaldinisHeir
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    Crowsy wrote: »
    I play both games too, I have been trying to break free from FIFA for a few years now but always seem to fall back on FIFA. I should say I only play cm and FIFA has always been that little more in depth especially with the English leagues.

I actually use Football Manager to generate seasons and only use PES or FIFA to play the actual matches.

It's a bit rough and ready but basically I use FM to generate everything I need for a career mode:

fixtures
    other team's results
    league tables
    injuries
    youth teams

The lot.

I also manage my squad through FM using its transfer system and even using it for morale.

I then edit as I go, updating opposition teams.

I play the matches in FM in the background while I'm playing the matches in FIFA/PES and if the results don't match I just replay the matches on FM until they do.

I then bring everything together on an Excel spreadsheet and adjust the goal differences and keep stats of players and results.

It sounds like a lot of work but it usually takes me about an hour to play two games.

In the end I get all the benefits of FM and FIFA/PES.
  • Bigbrown123
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I also believe that the forced switch to frostbite engine has limited what the developers can do or maybe they just don’t know how to program using frostbite because the logic and physics are all backwards
  • Bigbrown123
    Pitch notes are basically there to create an illusion at this point nothing that the lists work
  • SBaggio59
    edited November 2020
    There are countries that are better served than others in terms of servers, there is favoritism. Already that the game is very concentrated on the speed of the wingers and the attackers, and that the defenders do not turn quickly, if EA adds the inequity of the servers, it is more playable. Personally my online experience is disastrous, my players don't run fast and are pushed by smaller players.

EA didn't give defense enough options to avoid rotten feints, attack speed is super favored; EA confuses a player's speed and a player's physique, which is not normal for light attackers to gain a physical advantage over strong defenders, and on a regular basis.

This game lacks a lot of logic and fairness, and that's why gamers are fed up with these EA Fifa. We're talking about the PS5 or the Xbox series, but if it's to create rotten gameplay with beautiful designs, that won't help.

The balance of the game is poor. This is rotten work.

It becomes too complicated, too strange and too incomprehensible, EA will have to create a university to know how to play this so-called video game. Impossible to have the pleasure of playing with such a complex, unrealistic and lamentable result.
  • Bigbrown123
    So true but I don’t believe the defenders turn too slow I think it’s the total opposite. Have you played online and see how unrealistically quick defenders can agile/sprint jockey? I do a fake shot that fools the defender and he’s already back infront of me before I can take a second touch of the ball
  • SBaggio59
    edited November 2020
    To be honest I don't understand anything about this game at all, it's completely unstable, unbearable, it's worse than previous games. I am waiting for the new generation of console. But I doubt the gameplay is better.

Sometimes I wonder if this game isn't made on purpose for players to break their controllers, for commercial gain.

Above all, don't break your controllers! Stop this gambling slaughter or do something else.

There are many other video game publishers. I was able to play Anthem "EA", the game is the same, it's amazing, it's full of bugs too. EA doesn't care about the world.
  • Eddie
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    I also believe that the forced switch to frostbite engine has limited what the developers can do or maybe they just don’t know how to program using frostbite because the logic and physics are all backwards

A bad workman blames his tools.

No excuses, EA devs are garbage and lazy. All their focus goes into FUT.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    4191 posts National Call-Up
    And yet we keep buying it year after year. Like good little sheep.

I stopped playing it a week after it launched. That's a new personal record.

Low depth, 1 pass counter attacks, have sucked the fun out of the game.
  • SBaggio59
    edited November 2020
    BSDShoes wrote: »

Thank you for sharing. I have no more words.

I would have liked to say that EA is an excellent editor, but unfortunately it is very far from it.

EA must respect customers and players. EA has pretty much all the licenses and a huge amount of resources, a story. This is unacceptable. It is not a young company. Many of us have been playing EA games for a very long time, some EA employees were not born then.

I don't recognize EA; that was not it initially. Over the past few years, EA has built a disgusting business.

If some of EA no longer want to work and make good games, in this case they leave, EA is above all the customers and the players.

The problem is very serious because EA sells unfinished or poorly made games. This has been going on for several years.

I think EA should apologize to all customers and explain this unacceptable situation. That's the lesser of it.
  • Mattheos
    1922 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2020
    They make billions, Can't make a game different to fifa 20.
    On release the game was great, one of the best fifa's in a long time.
    Now it's just not fun, win or lose it's just horrible.