The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Price ranges are failure

I think they pretty much understand now, that there s no market working that way.
They can save the game by removing them before TOTS, or it will be too late.

Comments

• Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    The handling of price ranges has been a failure, in theory they're a good idea.
  • Dog
    3208 posts National Call-Up
    Peter wrote: »

• Peter wrote: »
    There s no good idea in a theory leading in a dead market.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    hieronymus wrote: »

What?
  • Ash Ketchum
    629 posts An Exciting Prospect

What?
    It isn't a good idea if it has lead to a dead market.

• JordanStorm
    94 posts Park Captain

Obviously EA didn't intend to have a dead market BUT their poor implementation/management of the price ranges has led to a dead market

• Marleigh
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    The market is far from dead. Just because a few players don't sell doesn't mean no one sells.
  • Godfarmer
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm enjoying being able to afford players who arnt over inflated. Bale was approaching 1mil before this and now is half that.

Will be fun from the start next year, hopefully more variety in the squads. Think that killed trading was not being able to relist on web app
  • Vascs79
    41 posts Park Captain

This. Agree
  • ZeFeZ
    2754 posts National Call-Up

• Batman_Llanber
    1283 posts Professional
    price ranges was a good idea, EA needed to manage them correctly though especially with loads of people having players they can't move on
  • alexR9
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Marleigh wrote: »
    The market is far from dead. Just because a few players don't sell doesn't mean no one sells.
    few?
  • Antiversum
    5820 posts Big Money Move
    alexR9 wrote: »
    Marleigh wrote: »
    few?

Few = all non-discard players obviously.
  • Kman
    3169 posts National Call-Up
    They did it to stop coin sellers, which they've done. Pretty sure that's a big success to them.

They will be good for 16
  • Marleigh wrote: »
    a lot of people cant sell their players, I dont think its a few.
  • Kman wrote: »

They will be good for 16

when they ll see a not selling game, they will not.
  • TheMightyBee
    2979 posts National Call-Up
    Kman wrote: »
    They did it to stop coin sellers, which they've done. Pretty sure that's a big success to them.

They will be good for 16

It's stopped a majority of trading, not coin selling. Coin selling still goes on.
  • Dog
    3208 posts National Call-Up

They will be good for 16

when they ll see a not selling game, they will not.
    Translate to english please?
  • TinnerFeline25
    1701 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would be less failure if they were more consistent with updating the prices
  • Vascs79
    41 posts Park Captain
    Would be less failure if they were more consistent with updating the prices

Again, agree. Cant understand why they are not updating
  • SA:CardCreator
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think it's a good idea but should have started from the start of fifa 16 and not part way through a game
  • GeorgeyBoy93
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special

They will be good for 16

People are buying Mule accounts now, coin selling nowhere near eradicated. Just wait till TOTS when people will buy Millions again and there'll be no TOTS players available.
  • l_TheDren_l
    566 posts Sunday League Hero
    it was not a really great idea but the market its a bit cleaner now, but it was obviously not the right way to fight against cheating, if you give the power to change prices to some people from the community the prices could be very accurate so it would not create problems, but EA make it look terrible, and could be worse if they start to lost interest in updating prices. Also could be a big problem for people that stays in FUT15 when FUT16 is released
  • Dasco
    6528 posts Big Money Move

They will be good for 16

It's stopped a majority of trading, not coin selling. Coin selling still goes on.

And trading also still goes on. I've been trading for 90minutes today and have 800k profit after tax. It's still possible for people of all coin totals to trade, you've just got to put effort into it now instead of relying on inflation [which really wasn't a form of trading as your coins were worth less than they are now].

Don't get me wrong however, I do feel for Xbox/PC which do appear they are in need of some major price changes but for Ps3/4 Market it's not actually too bad, most cards now do sell for a figure in between min & max.
  • Any tym7
    1390 posts Professional

They will be good for 16

this
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    edited April 2015
    Coinsellers will always exist as long as the market exist. If the greedyds (EA) want to get rid of coinsellers might as well get rid of or at least lower fifa points.
  • Any tym7
    1390 posts Professional
    Dasco wrote: »

They will be good for 16

And trading also still goes on. I've been trading for 90minutes today and have 800k profit after tax. It's still possible for people of all coin totals to trade, you've just got to put effort into it now instead of relying on inflation [which really wasn't a form of trading as your coins were worth less than they are now].

Don't get me wrong however, I do feel for Xbox/PC which do appear they are in need of some major price changes but for Ps3/4 Market it's not actually too bad, most cards now do sell for a figure in between min & max.

Everything is on min so how can u trade on Xbox

Ur players don't sell and when they do u lose 5% tax and every week u lose in the drops on top of that
  • BENVCR
    653 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any tym7 wrote: »

They will be good for 16

Everything is on min so how can u trade on Xbox

Ur players don't sell and when they do u lose 5% tax and every week u lose in the drops on top of that

Trade with cards that Arent on their min? The silver market is flourishing with profitable opportunities, use tournaments to your advantage. He'll even listing guys like Koscielny for 1-2k below their MAX will get sales as most people just list for max bin min bid
  • TheMightyBee
    2979 posts National Call-Up

They will be good for 16

Depends if you were going to use the coins from inflated prices for pack openings :tongue:

Just putting the Webapp live will probably kick in a lot of trading. 800k is very nice, I'm guessing you've been trading with some high value players.
  • Kman
    3169 posts National Call-Up
    Lol it's stopped coinsellers in their tracks. They have to charge much more now for the accounts which obviously only the desperate will buy. EA have done what they set out to do.