So, you can kill your opponent LEGALLY if he is offside.

Biabia
642 posts Semi-Pro
edited October 2020
Title is Premier League’s new rule.
Matter of fact, Van Dijk wasn’t offside 😢
But since he was called offside, I guess it was a fair tackle.
Post edited by Biabia on

Comments

• I like the idea that if you injure a player you get suspended for the same amount of time it takes him to recover, do you?
  • Tornado31619
    34396 posts National Team Captain
    I like the idea that if you injure a player you get suspended for the same amount of time it takes him to recover, do you?

No.
  • WryLucky
    6759 posts Big Money Move
    I like the idea that if you injure a player you get suspended for the same amount of time it takes him to recover, do you?

That's a horrible idea, accidents still happen
  • Tornado31619
    Don’t generalise. Having said that, this has been dragged out for far longer than necessary. Virgil’s injured, Everton have been punished by keeping Pickford. It’s done, move on.
  • Snugglebites
    3083 posts National Call-Up
    Looks like somebody forgot to have their breakfast this morning.
  • Rhodesia
    879 posts Semi-Pro
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    This incident has confirmed what we all already knew. Liverpool fans are by far the worst in the country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54197820
  • Biabia
    642 posts Semi-Pro
    This incident has confirmed what we all already knew. Liverpool fans are by far the worst in the country.

That’s your opinion but how so?
    How in the world is Liverpool fans the worst?

• Stlducks
    10268 posts Has That Special Something
    Biabia wrote: »

I don’t think majority of Liverpool fans are bad but they are just like Man United fans. The fan base is so big you hear about things from them more often. This incident with Pickford is bad but it is being way overblown by some Liverpool fans and former Liverpool players in the media. If Liverpool had a smaller fan base, this wouldn’t be the issue.
  • Pietu
    12658 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »

I don’t think majority of Liverpool fans are bad but they are just like Man United fans. The fan base is so big you hear about things from them more often. This incident with Pickford is bad but it is being way overblown by some Liverpool fans and former Liverpool players in the media. If Liverpool had a smaller fan base, this wouldn’t be the issue.

Exactly. And obviously fans of other clubs think their own fanbase isn’t the worst. Every big club has some absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and the bigger the fanbase, the more you have those idiots.
    For me, the worst are City and United fans.
  • Tornado31619
    There aren’t enough City fans around for them to be annoying.
  • Pietu
    There aren’t enough City fans around for them to be annoying.

Not here thankfully
  • Snugglebites
    Many Liverpool fans have, conveniently, forgotten all the red cards Mane & Robertson have gotten away with these past few years for dangerous play.
  • Tornado31619
    Virgil himself should have been sent off against Napoli.
  • Stlducks
    10268 posts Has That Special Something
    Pietu wrote: »

Exactly. And obviously fans of other clubs think their own fanbase isn’t the worst. Every big club has some absolute 🎃🎃🎃🎃 and the bigger the fanbase, the more you have those idiots.

I actually can't stand a lot of Tottenham fans. The few I know in real life all stopped watching when we struggled last season after being obsessed with the club the previous years when we were playing well. I can't stand those fans. Then the online Spurs fans, the majority of them would rather never win a trophy but keep Poch than to win a trophy under Jose because they felt "more connected" with Poch.... losers.. all of them! :D
  • Biabia
    642 posts Semi-Pro
    In term of COCKINESS, Barca, Real Madrid, and MU are the worst.

In term of stupidity, MU and Arsenal are the worst. Which means majority of MU fans are in every negative category. No matter how bad their team (MU, Arsenal) are they still talked like their team are the best, made fun of other team.
    Like saying “Chel❤️ T, Man S❤️ty, LiVarpool, Loserpool, Blablabla. Those are what I called the worst.

Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, and others except for MU and Arsenal fans keep quiet about their opponent while their team were doing bad. MU and Arsenal fans can’t seem to zipped their mouth...
  • Biabia
    642 posts Semi-Pro
    In internet (football community), most stupid/toxic comments are about Real Madrid fans vs Barca fans, Ronaldo fans vs Messi fans. But at least they only attacked each other.

There are only a few fans that mock and criticize opponents team’s failure other than MU and Arsenal fans.
    There are a lot of lot of lot of MU and Arsenal fans that think their team are the best and biggest in the world.

Liverpool and Bayern should never be in the worst fans among teams with the biggest fans base.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    Liverpool and Bayern should never be in the worst fans among teams with the biggest fans base.

Nobody complains, whines, or overreacts to anything going against their team like Liverpool fans. It's the most united fanbase in the world IMO (even when they weren't good tbh) but the side effect of that is that they've got a real siege mentality about them for better and for worse.
  • Pietu
    And the end of the day, all of this is just opinions from our experiences. Nobody can say which is the worst fanbase since it's impossible to do so because it can't be studied. Everyone has their own opinion which is fair but nobody can say it as a fact.
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something

Where do we start? First of we have Heysel, the support for Suarez after his racism, according the their fans they are the only ones to have been affected negatively by VAR and suffered injuries. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ protesting about the VAR decision, suck it up and get on with it.
  • Snugglebites

Where do we start? First of we have Heysel, the support for Suarez after his racism, according the their fans they are the only ones to have been affected negatively by VAR and suffered injuries. 🎃🎃🎃🎃 protesting about the VAR decision, suck it up and get on with it.

You must have missed the memo. Those weren't our fault. We're the victims, honest.
  • Tornado31619
    Liverpool fans are toxic, but at least they don’t boo their own players, unlike a certain Spanish club.
  • Biabia
    642 posts Semi-Pro
    Liverpool fans are toxic, but at least they don’t boo their own players, unlike a certain Spanish club.

MU fans are the most toxic. Especially their fans from Africa. I don’t mean to be racist.
  • Tornado31619

MU fans are the most toxic. Especially their fans from Africa. I don’t mean to be racist.

Yeah, I get what you mean. But I wouldn’t call those fans toxic so much as I’d call them plastic fans. Real fans wanted Cristiano gone during his final season.
  • Kellnerr
    5238 posts Big Money Move

They are called African experts and are just as bad for all clubs, not only United tbh
  • Tornado31619
    I remember one of them replying to a Tweet about the anniversary of Sir Matt Busby’s death a couple of years ago, saying that “we don’t want to hear about somebody who passed away, we want to hear about Alexis Sánchez”... :#
  • Tornado31619
    Guess Fabinho should also be suspended for a few months then
  • Biabia
    642 posts Semi-Pro

Loo you must be so young or trolling.
    Those kind of tackle are very different from The way Pickford came flying.
    Pickford tackle was similar to Mane vs Ederson, De Jong vs X.Alonso.

What I am saying it’s very very hard to convince that Pickford tackle was accident although I wouldn’t say he intended to harm VVD.
  • Biabia
    642 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2020

Watch this video, I remember watching this game
    In 2007 where Liverpool defeated Everton 1-2 at their own home. Kuyt didn’t touch him, but he was given yellow card. And I am saying it’s a fair called because it could’ve been a career ending tackle.
  • Pietu
    Pietu wrote: »

Exactly. And obviously fans of other clubs think their own fanbase isn’t the worst. Every big club has some absolute 🎃🎃🎃🎃 and the bigger the fanbase, the more you have those idiots.