The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• ryan217
    2965 posts Fans' Favourite
    Zohore on loan for the season. All I know about him is that he's a big unit. Anyone know if he's actually any good?

Was unplayable for half a season when Warnock first came here, he bullied defenders and had a cracking shot on him, utterly useless in the air though despite his size. He only really showed glimpses of that form for the next 2 seasons after that and don't think he ever made the cut at West Brom either, if you can get him back to his best then you've got a hell of a player though.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4371 posts National Call-Up
    ryan217 wrote: »
    Zohore on loan for the season. All I know about him is that he's a big unit. Anyone know if he's actually any good?

Was unplayable for half a season when Warnock first came here, he bullied defenders and had a cracking shot on him, utterly useless in the air though despite his size. He only really showed glimpses of that form for the next 2 seasons after that and don't think he ever made the cut at West Brom either, if you can get him back to his best then you've got a hell of a player though.

We've made a habit of signing this sort of striker. Absolute unit but couldn't win a header if his life depended on it. Flashbacks to Mathias Ranegie and Stefan Maierhofer (6'8!) still haunt me. Hopefully Rowett can get the best out of him.
  • AtomicOdin
    1209 posts Professional
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Knew we'd lose to Wycombe. Bialkowski with an absolute howler to gift Wycombe their first goal of the season, we've hit the bar and had about 5 decent chances all from set pieces but it just won't go in. Also a stonewall penalty turned down again for the second game in a row. Time wasting aplenty as expected. Absolutely despise playing sides like this.
  • Hicksy2011
    18938 posts World Class
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Well we didn’t sign anyone
    Don’t even fill our squad spots which is odd
    We said we needed to sign a striker or number 10 and a CM and got neither
    Shame because the team needs a boost, and the squad looks very thin
    For the 4 spots that go to wingers, CAMs and strikers in our lineup we have only 6 players which isn’t great playing three times a week

Who’d have thought Harrison gets injured and we now only have 1 striker for the next month it looks like
  • Retro1989
    6533 posts Big Money Move
    The ❤️❤️❤️❤️ housing is back baby!
  • Hicksy2011
    18938 posts World Class
    We are going backwards at a real speed
    Not scored in 4 full games using 4231, of course Jackett insists on it and we now have no choice because he messed up the window entirely so we have one striker and barely any forward thinking players
    Just shocking this is going to take years to sort this mess out
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    90+12 FFS
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Referee evened it out. Wycombe scored directly from a corner and it was ruled out for a foul on Bialkowski when there wasn't a single player within five feet of him :smile: love that. Deserved 3 points and on another day we would've scored 6.
  • Handy Andy
    6318 posts Big Money Move
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    90+12 FFS

still top 2, class
  • Hicksy2011
    18938 posts World Class
    Interesting that Ipswich have started Ollie Hawkins up front and are smashing the league, much like we did the 3 months we started him up front too
    So glad we decided to convert him to CB last year
  • AtomicOdin
    1209 posts Professional
    Massive improvement on the horror show that was monday night, could have hit 6 or 7 today if we knew how finish. That also our first away win in the league in over a year. What a time to be alive, an away win in the league and cup this season already. was starting to think i'd never see an away win again.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Scored - ✔
    Clean Sheet - ✔
    Won - ✔

I can't believe it.
  • WFCBagnall
    92310 posts Moderator
    Decent point against a really good Exeter team and still haven't technically lost a game this season.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Scariest thing about our team for today is it’s about as good a team as we can put out at the moment.

No idea how Cavaleiro’s still starting mind.
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Huge game for both teams this. I’m sure the whole country is paying £15 for this.
  • Dizzy Bala
    Hoping for plenty of points for Ramsdale for FPL.
  • Hicksy2011
    18938 posts World Class
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Hoping for plenty of points for Ramsdale for FPL.

you had to go and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ say it didnt you :D:D:D
    Stevens and Ramsdale CS gone like that
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Probably should’ve won that if Mitrovic didn’t have his worst game in a Fulham shirt.

Off the mark and a performance that should give us some confidence though. Especially 2nd Half we looked miles better than them.
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    First half could have been 3-0 up, second half could have been 4-0 down. Our midfield tired and that changed the game completely. Will take the draw, but now got Liverpool, City and Chelsea.
  • Dizzy Bala
    I triple captained Heung Min Son this week..
  • Hicksy2011
    18938 posts World Class

Oh dear my reign of terror is over
  • Farlz
    9628 posts League Winner
    My faith in Werner finally payed off
  • Dizzy Bala
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

Oh dear my reign of terror is over

I said that and West Ham scored 3 in the final 15 minutes!
  • Farlz
    9628 posts League Winner
    edited October 2020
    Bloody hell been a nice start to the season this :D

Matty Cash is unreal as well cheers for him Forest boys
  • Dizzy Bala
    Don't, okay?
  • Hicksy2011
    18938 posts World Class
    the list of free agents that the local Hull paper genuinely think they could sign
    Adama Diomande (30)
    Tom Huddlestone (33)
    Daniel Sturridge (31)
    Jack Wilshere (28)
    Fabio Borini (29)
    Daryl Janmaat (31)
    Kevin Stewart (27)
    Jay Simpson (31)
    Dean Marney (36)
    Oumar Niasse (30)
    Jackson Irvine (27)
    Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (28)
    Rajiv van La Parra (29)
    Steven Defour (32)
    Marc Pugh (33)
    Duncan Watmore (26)
    Yaya Sanogo (27)
    Andrew Surman (34)
  • Dizzy Bala
    Well they aint gunna sign Irvine because he's just left Hull lol
  • Hicksy2011
    18938 posts World Class
    its like someone has just searched a free agent database for former Prem/former Hull :joy:
  • Handy Andy
    6318 posts Big Money Move
    Think Van La Parra is joining us, QPR or Swansea, rules that one out