So EA delays the WL until saturday

Comments

• SkeltonTom
    1764 posts Fans' Favourite
    SkeltonTom wrote: »
    When’s the new deadline for entry? I might have a chance of qualifying now :D

??
  • Chavez76
    9862 posts League Winner
    Not sure if the deadline will change .. if so, it would be Sunday 8Am instead of Saturday 8AM I would think.
  • BadSeedsFC
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    this-just-in-were-off-to-a-great-start.jpg
  • Mrhey31
    3009 posts National Call-Up
    ASX wrote: »
    Organise your life around a video game? Think your priorities are skewed

I have a life next to FIFA. But if somebody has made it his/her priority to play WL and has made an accordingly plan around it. Is it really something you should call somebody out for? I have a very busy life with kids and a wife, and I can’t play fifa unless I plan it. So yeah in someway I organise my life around video games, because it’s my way to blow of steam.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    Refund the points? What if I was already was capped at 2000 points again? (Yes I play far too much)

Same. Now we will be back down to 0? I like to keep one 2000 spare so I can skip a weekend and still register for the next one without grinding rivals again.

• ASX
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2020
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    ASX wrote: »
    Organise your life around a video game? Think your priorities are skewed

I have a life next to FIFA. But if somebody has made it his/her priority to play WL and has made an accordingly plan around it. Is it really something you should call somebody out for? I have a very busy life with kids and a wife, and I can’t play fifa unless I plan it. So yeah in someway I organise my life around video games, because it’s my way to blow of steam.

Everyone is different.

I play FIFA when I have time, not make time to play FIFA and certainly not rearrange work to play.

Shouldn't have called him out i guess, each to their own.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    5018 posts Big Money Move
    They said they will add on 24 hours and refund the 2,000 points

Not ideal but it's hardly end of the world stuff

I've already got my next 2000 points from rivals after entering this weekend :D
  • Coderood
    2021 posts Fans' Favourite
    Idiots. Just keep spending fifa points on these amateurs. Well worth the money. Friday and Saterday are my only free days. From Sunday on I have to work! Will play to Gold 3 max and stop because I dont have all the time of the world.
  • SignpostSounder
    4232 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2020
    Coderood wrote: »
    Idiots. Just keep spending fifa points on these amateurs. Well worth the money. Friday and Saterday are my only free days. From Sunday on I have to work! Will play to Gold 3 max and stop because I dont have all the time of the world.

Or just don't play.

The game is made by "idiots" and "amateurs" and you're wasting your apparent one piece of free time on playing 14 games (minimum) of the product that they make and...for what? A couple of packs? A good helping of Cragno and Javi Martinez or an EFL Championship IF that won't get into your team?

People. If you don't have time to play, just don't play.

You are NOT going to fall behind the pOwEr cUrVe because you don't play one weekend league.

You are NOT going to miss out on a superstar player just because you don't play one weekend league.

You're getting upset because you're not going to get a chance to spend 10 hours playing in order to hopefully, maybe, possibly win the outside chance of getting a usable player or a bit of SBC fodder.

The "I have to play in case I miss out" is the second biggest lie EA sells. It falls right below "I have to buy FIFA Points to get a good team" in the list.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    find it weird because i check the leaderboards and saw some players already ranked
  • Chavez76
    9862 posts League Winner

Ow no, they dont accomodate your personal live.
    Damn, they do keep track of everyone else's !
  • Coderood
    edited October 2020
    SuperKMx wrote: »

Or just don't play.

The game is made by "idiots" and "amateurs" and you're wasting your apparent one piece of free time on playing 14 games (minimum) of the product that they make and...for what? A couple of packs? A good helping of Cragno and Javi Martinez or an EFL Championship IF that won't get into your team?

You are NOT going to fall behind the pOwEr cUrVe because you don't play one weekend league.

You are NOT going to miss out on a superstar player just because you don't play one weekend league.

You're getting upset because you're not going to get a chance to spend 10 hours playing in order to hopefully, maybe, possibly win the outside chance of getting a usable player or a bit of SBC fodder.

The "I have to play in case I miss out" is the second biggest lie EA sells. It falls right below "I have to buy FIFA Points to get a good team" in the list.

You dont get my message do you? Indeed, if I dont have time I wont play this broken game. Thats why I am aiming for max 14 wins. Is it that hard for you to understand? If EA didn't mess up like they always do I would have enough time for 30 games. Yet somehow these clowns are smart enough to fool people to get 1.5 billion dollar, make mistake after mistake and get away with it because people like you are fine with it and even defend them.
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    So was there a reason given for the delay or...?
  • PaulDr
    3676 posts National Call-Up
    LiamSully wrote: »
    So was there a reason given for the delay or...?

no. but I suspect it is because they were advertising incorrect rewards.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    find it weird because i check the leaderboards and saw some players already ranked
    This is probably why they’ve had to delay.
  • Chavez76
    9862 posts League Winner

Or just don't play.

You dont get my message do you? Indeed, if I dont have time I wont play this broken game. Thats why I am aiming for max 14 wins. Is it that hard for you to understand? If EA didn't mess up like they always do I would have enough time for 30 games. Yet somehow these clowns are smart enough to fool people to get 1.5 billion dollar, make mistake after mistake and get away with it because people like you are fine with it and even defend them.

Im sorry, but if you dislike everything so much, why are you buying the game?
    if you're buying, you're part of the so called problem yourself.
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    So people, probably aged 15 and at school, can't understand that for some people it does matter a lot, this Friday off ? When you have a family, as is my case, playing on Friday afternoon for instance is much, much easier than during the week-ends, where we are busy and, when not, have the kids around.

It has nothing to do with organizing your life over a game, it just means that we wont be able to get more than say 15 games in a WL which just plain sucks. If you don't understand that, let's speak about it again in 15 years when you'll have two babies to take care of while still enjoying playing Fifa. I heard Fifa 36 will be excellent, too.
  • Coderood
    Chavez76 wrote: »

Or just don't play.

Im sorry, but if you dislike everything so much, why are you buying the game?
    if you're buying, you're part of the so called problem yourself.

Because I love football and like to build a good team, thats the only reason. And thats a terrible comparision. I only paid 55 euro, I wont pay a penny more. If all people were like me to spend max 55 euro and 0 fifapoints it would be a disaster for EA.
  • Chavez76
    9862 posts League Winner
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    So people, probably aged 15 and at school, can't understand that for some people it does matter a lot, this Friday off ? When you have a family, as is my case, playing on Friday afternoon for instance is much, much easier than during the week-ends, where we are busy and, when not, have the kids around.

It has nothing to do with organizing your life over a game, it just means that we wont be able to get more than say 15 games in a WL which just plain sucks. If you don't understand that, let's speak about it again in 15 years when you'll have two babies to take care of while still enjoying playing Fifa. I heard Fifa 36 will be excellent, too.

Mate, of course it is annoying. Noone will say it is not, but it is also something that can happen unfortunately.
    It has everything to do with organizing your life over a video game though, but just a small part.
    And again, if you feel it's good and you like it, why do you care how others feel about it?

• Coderood
    edited October 2020

Mate, of course it is annoying. Noone will say it is not, but it is also something that can happen unfortunately.
    It has everything to do with organizing your life over a video game though, but just a small part.
    And again, if you feel it's good and you like it, why do you care how others feel about it?

Are you a EA employee?! "It can happen". 95 mistakes on FIFA 20. And the game is 1 week out and we already have a new mistake. Can that also happen? 95 mistakes on fifa 20+ 1 already now? How much does EA pay you?

https://www.fifauteam.com/fifa-20-content-mistakes/
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite

Or just don't play.

It genuinely amazes me how many people fall for these EA lies.
  • Chavez76
    9862 posts League Winner

Are you a EA employee?! "It can happen". 95 mistakes on FIFA 20. And the game is 1 week out and we already have a new mistake. Can that also happen? 95 mistakes on fifa 20+ 1 already now? How much does EA pay you?

Yes, I get paid a lot by EA, every month, to tell people on a forum that mistakes happen.
    It's a nice job!

I guess I do not care as much about a video game as you do.
    Sue me.
  • Coderood

Yes, I get paid a lot by EA, every month, to tell people on a forum that mistakes happen.
    It's a nice job!

Sue me.

Or even worse you do it for free. I see on your post that you keep defending them like your life depends on it. Must be a good reason for it. I feel really sorry for you that you are in such a position.
  • NornIron
    15802 posts World Class
    Ive been training for this moment for weeks mentality and physically and now they've just gone and ruined it, thats it never playing fifa again.
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    7-BBAD8-BD-30-E3-45-FE-95-D1-CF4-CBFA39657.gif
  • Chavez76
    9862 posts League Winner
    NornIron wrote: »
    Ive been training for this moment for weeks mentality and physically and now they've just gone and ruined it, thats it never playing fifa again.

:)

It's a nice job!

Sue me.

Or even worse you do it for free. I see on your post that you keep defending them like your life depends on it. Must be a good reason for it. I feel really sorry for you that you are in such a position.

it's called (in good Dutch) 'relativeren' . You should try it.

And dont act like your life depends on it. It does not. And if it does, then I can understand why your reacting like this. In that case,I appologize.
  • KingBarca
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    kraid wrote: »

These people that played are likely people that are working for EA and were testing the system and servers.
    They found out something is broken and not working.

Likely there is a No-loss glitch or something like that going on - I hear there is one at the moment on Xbox going around for example where you can even freeze the game of your opponent.
    Or maybe there are a lot of disconnects from the Weekend League servers.

Whatever it is at least they probably found at least one problem and needed a day more to fix it.
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    KingBarca wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »

These people that played are likely people that are working for EA and were testing the system and servers.
    They found out something is broken and not working.

Likely there is a No-loss glitch or something like that going on - I hear there is one at the moment on Xbox going around for example where you can even freeze the game of your opponent.
    Or maybe there are a lot of disconnects from the Weekend League servers.

Whatever it is at least they probably found at least one problem and needed a day more to fix it.

The champs leaderboard had those people on there since the EA access trial
  • Rossco160715
    2650 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone who plays the weekend league is arranging their day around Fifa.

To successfully manage all those games in a weekend is mental. I done this during lockdown and it takes up some amount of time.