Is Messi worth the 8/900k?

t14migit
142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I’m undecided between Messi or any icon under 8/900k, so is Messi worth it? Or is he not as good as a Socrates or etc

Comments

• DanishDynamiteUS
    2042 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m most likely biased since I had him every single year for ages and he’s a strong part of how I play.

This year it wasn’t instant love as he’s not the quickest and has suboptimal work rates. After moving him to a False 9 I won’t play without him this year though!

If you do try him, move him around a bit before you make the final call.
  • Spillaren
    3086 posts National Call-Up
    yes 100%, put a hunter on him and he got 99 acceleration 90 sprint speed with unreal dribbling and shooting.

Had to get rid of him to fit cr7 in and almost wish I didnt
  • Spillaren
    3086 posts National Call-Up
    I’m most likely biased since I had him every single year for ages and he’s a strong part of how I play.

This year it wasn’t instant love as he’s not the quickest and has suboptimal work rates. After moving him to a False 9 I won’t play without him this year though!

this as well, I played him as a CAM, was devastating there in a central role
  • t14migit
    Spillaren wrote: »

this as well, I played him as a CAM, was devastating there in a central role

That’s where I’m looking to play him, as a cam with ousmane on the right and ansu fati on the left on 7 chem
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
    I'd say he's worth it playing at Cam or ST but he isn't as great as last year.
  • Tennster10
    2648 posts Fans' Favourite
    I pack him and decided to build a team around him. He carried me to div. 3 for the first time since new ranking system. Yeah he’s good. Play him as F9 433 and F9 in 532
  • BORN2bWILD
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes, without a doubt for all the reasons stated and more. However to take full advantage you want him at chemistry 10 and team 100. Not required but nice
  • Tylercftla
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Def worth it. have him in a 4-2-3-1 then switch him over to cam in game
  • Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero
    100%, hes great
  • Jawhizz17
    57 posts Park Captain
    I’ve been wondering and looking for reviews. Gonna RF him and play him at F9.
  • Supermario911
    2217 posts Fans' Favourite
    No use heskey or asm
  • Tennster10
    2648 posts Fans' Favourite
    He worth more tbh.
  • Chet
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    Messi reviews have been generally negative hence the price (down to 690k), it seems he isn’t as effective this FIFA as previous titles.

I haven’t used him yet, but I’d give him a try out regardless of what a few reviews are saying and form your own opinion.
  • t14migit
    Chet wrote: »
    Messi reviews have been generally negative hence the price (down to 690k), it seems he isn’t as effective this FIFA as previous titles.

I haven’t used him yet, but I’d give him a try out regardless of what a few reviews are saying and form your own opinion.

I bought him a day after this post, he is defo worth it as a cam. Feel his price now is a very good price and would recommend him if you can get him on full chem and play at the cam role. His dribbling is immense, passing, finishing also is impeccable and he is a good set piece taker. Only negative is his Stam and have to sub him out around 65/70 min
  • Chet
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    t14migit wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »

I bought him a day after this post, he is defo worth it as a cam. Feel his price now is a very good price and would recommend him if you can get him on full chem and play at the cam role. His dribbling is immense, passing, finishing also is impeccable and he is a good set piece taker. Only negative is his Stam and have to sub him out around 65/70 min

Having to sub a 700k player off at all isn’t great to be honest
  • AdagioMalique
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No...