Valverde or Llorente? Why the price difference?

Vanch
1025 posts Professional
I need a High/High workrate La Liga CDM, and was looking at Valverde & Llorente. But why such a massive price difference between the two?

Llorente - 20k
Valverde - 60k

They're both High/High, both 6 foot, both 'Lean' body type, same skill moves & weak foot and their stats are almost EXACTLY the same as each other. The only difference is Valverde has 1 more sprint speed and 3 more acceleration. That's it. In fact, Llorente actually has slightly better stats than Valverde everywhere else.

So is the massive price difference just due to pace? Or is there something special about Valverde I don't know about yet? As I'm thinking of just going with Llorente for the time being.

Untitled.png

Comments

• albin231
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have both, they play very similar aswell. Llorente is deffo good enough!
  • tzinc
    3003 posts National Call-Up
    Valverde is getting the RM hype
  • Libguy
    5377 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah, they're pretty much the same card. But 83 vs 82 means Valverde is probably pulled less. Valverde also provides links to the Real defense, which is good. If you have enough coins to get Ramos / Varane / Mendy you can probably pay a bit more for Valverde.
  • TDOF
    5522 posts Big Money Move
    Valverde links with Varane and Mendy.

one of the best triangles on the game

capture.png
  • BondJame5Collins
    2587 posts Fans' Favourite
    @TDOF What is your team looking like?
  • TDOF
    edited October 7
    This is what i just built right now, it my WL / investment team, Messi was only 895k last year he sky rocketed so couldn't pass it up.

Wanted to get Ney too but don't have enough and it was harder to link him without mbappe.

8EyBVtl.png

@BondJame5Collins
  • Professor
    2942 posts National Call-Up
    TDOF wrote: »
    Valverde links with Varane and Mendy.

one of the best triangles on the game

capture.png

Yup exact triangle I'll be using in a few days. Currently using Militao while I gather coin for Varane.
  • Vanch
    1025 posts Professional
    Thanks for the explanations guys, appreciated.

Whilst we're on the subject of La Liga players though, who would you suggest at RM/RW with a budget of around 150k? Currently got Correa on the right. Was looking at Portu, but his dribbling stats are a bit meh. What dya think of Dembele on 7 chem?
  • tommyboyo
    2774 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is what i just built right now, it my WL / investment team, Messi was only 895k last year he sky rocketed so couldn't pass it up.

Wanted to get Ney too but don't have enough and it was harder to link him without mbappe.

8EyBVtl.png

@BondJame5Collins

Stacked already!!
  • TDOF
    tommyboyo wrote: »

8EyBVtl.png

@BondJame5Collins

Stacked already!!

Just packed Mane from draft rewards so it helped :)
  • tommyboyo
    tommyboyo wrote: »

8EyBVtl.png

@BondJame5Collins

Stacked already!!

Just packed Mane from draft rewards so it helped :)

Very nice, just what you need at the beginning of the game cycle.
  • BondJame5Collins
    edited October 7

8EyBVtl.png

@BondJame5Collins

Nice! Let me know how Messi is, i still haven't used the one I packed! Tempted to sell for Mbappe, but 1.5m for a gold card seems insane. I'm waiting on Wijnaldum to complete my team and start playing but EA aren't increasing his price range!
  • BondJame5Collins
    edited October 7
    Vanch wrote: »
    Thanks for the explanations guys, appreciated.

Whilst we're on the subject of La Liga players though, who would you suggest at RM/RW with a budget of around 150k? Currently got Correa on the right. Was looking at Portu, but his dribbling stats are a bit meh. What dya think of Dembele on 7 chem?

Ocampos?
  • TDOF

8EyBVtl.png

@BondJame5Collins

Nice! Let me know how Messi is, i still haven't used the one I packed! Tempted to sell for Mbappe, but 1.5m for a gold card seems insane. I'm waiting on Wijnaldum to complete my team and start playing but EA aren't increasing his price range!

Well i'll be using Messi as my CAM cause his passing in the draft was unreal for me. So i just want him to set people up for me.

If i had the coins i would of got Mbappe though used him and neymar and them two together are unreal.... but it's hard to link if you not got both.
  • BondJame5Collins

8EyBVtl.png

@BondJame5Collins

Well i'll be using Messi as my CAM cause his passing in the draft was unreal for me. So i just want him to set people up for me.

If i had the coins i would of got Mbappe though used him and neymar and them two together are unreal.... but it's hard to link if you not got both.

I think my longterm goal is to have an Mbappe and Haaland strikeforce. Its just a little hard to link/expensive at the moment.
  • SwankyStyle
    1007 posts Professional

8EyBVtl.png

@BondJame5Collins

Very nice. It's all about that agility and dribbling in the attack. Do you go 4231 in game?
  • TDOF

8EyBVtl.png

@BondJame5Collins

Very nice. It's all about that agility and dribbling in the attack. Do you go 4231 in game?

I actually hate the 4231 this year, (thats the only formation i used last year)

But this year when you're attacking with it its just too slow for me. I like to play fast and direct, when i played with the 4231 at the start i was always finding myself having to wait for my players to attack with me instead of them already being there.

The game is much more about scoring goals instead of trying not to concede them, so i play 41212 (2), 442 or 443(4)

All depends on how my opponent plays. If its a good player i'll play 442 if its someone i can easily beat ill just play 4334 and abuse the wings cause some people struggle to defend it. and 41212 if the wings arent working.
  • TDOF

8EyBVtl.png

@BondJame5Collins

But this year when you're attacking with it its just too slow for me. I like to play fast and direct, when i played with the 4231 at the start i was always finding myself having to wait for my players to attack with me instead of them already being there.

The game is much more about scoring goals instead of trying not to concede them, so i play 41212 (2), 442 or 443(4)

All depends on how my opponent plays. If its a good player i'll play 442 if its someone i can easily beat ill just play 4334 and abuse the wings cause some people struggle to defend it. and 41212 if the wings arent working.

I might give the 4231 another shot now that i got this team and not a starter team... But still got a week till champs so i'll be experimenting a lot.
  • SwankyStyle
    1007 posts Professional

8EyBVtl.png

@BondJame5Collins

I might give the 4231 another shot now that i got this team and not a starter team... But still got a week till champs so i'll be experimenting a lot.

I'm also finding the most success with 41212 unless the opponent clogs the middle then I tend to go 4231 or 433(4).
  • tzinc
    you could use a Spanish player if you connect to Spanish players like Adama
  • tommyboyo
    tzinc wrote: »
    you could use a Spanish player if you connect to Spanish players like Adama

I don;t think that many top players will be using Adama NIF though.
  • tzinc
    who would the top players use