FIFA 21 - Grass colour

Comments

• DaMMian
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2020
    But when we look at the color of the grass outside the lines where the managers are standing the grass looks okay, it is green and looks natural.
    I think for ea it's not a problem to change colors, or we will get a color change only in the new generation consoles.
  • Druski5150
    521 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DaMMian wrote: »
    But when we look at the color of the grass outside the lines where the managers are standing the grass looks okay, it is green and looks natural.
    I think for ea it's not a problem to change colors, or we will get a color change only in the new generation consoles.
    So you mean to tell me that EA ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up perfectly decent pitch color from last two FIFAs because they installed a new setting without properly testing it and it may not get fixed till next gen? How stupid is this?
  • The main problem is that the setting doenst stick on game settings, u have to adjust every single time, and for that reason u cant carry this setting on to career mode or online friedlies/season...

If EA fixes this and let the setting stick like the nets type, balls, pitch patern i belive it will solve the issue on the other modes!!

PLEASE FIX THIS EA, the default grass color is TERRIBLE, like burnt grass... I will be aways playing on maximum green if they fix this setting.
  • muha_masry
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The main problem is that the setting doenst stick on game settings, u have to adjust every single time, and for that reason u cant carry this setting on to career mode or online friedlies/season...

If EA fixes this and let the setting stick like the nets type, balls, pitch patern i belive it will solve the issue on the other modes!!

PLEASE FIX THIS EA, the default grass color is TERRIBLE, like burnt grass... I will be aways playing on maximum green if they fix this setting.

we can't change pitch pattern also in career mode you can't carry the settings for pitch pattern from kickoff to career mode
  • DaMMian
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite
    Druski5150 wrote: »
    So you mean to tell me that EA ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up perfectly decent pitch color from last two FIFAs because they installed a new setting without properly testing it and it may not get fixed till next gen? How stupid is this?

no, I don't know I don't work at EA, but it may happen that the old console version will not get the grass update, but only the new one will get, do you understand now? I would like an update as soon as possible, but
    EA has a plan for FIFA and even if thousands of people write that something does not like it, EA will not change it until it deems it appropriate.
  • Druski5150
    DaMMian wrote: »
    Druski5150 wrote: »

no, I don't know I don't work at EA, but it may happen that the old console version will not get the grass update, but only the new one will get, do you understand now? I would like an update as soon as possible, but
    EA has a plan for FIFA and even if thousands of people write that something does not like it, EA will not change it until it deems it appropriate.

I was being sarcastic. My point is that the grass color was fine in FIFA 19 and FIFA 20. Which leads me to believe that the issue is related to the new pitch color setting which was implemented this year. Which also means that once again EA rolled something out without properly testing it.

Konami used to get roasted for its pitch texture and color (especially during night games cause it oooked like lime color jello). They fixed it in PES 2019 and the pitch now looks fantastic. EA on the other hand just took a massive step back to days of FIFA 18
  • BondJame5Collins
    2716 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its awful.

As is the colour of the price box for min buy/buy it now etc.... When you want to adjust the price, the numbers go white on a light cyan background. You can't bloody read what you are putting in. Terrible.
  • muha_masry wrote: »
    The main problem is that the setting doenst stick on game settings, u have to adjust every single time, and for that reason u cant carry this setting on to career mode or online friedlies/season...

we can't change pitch pattern also in career mode you can't carry the settings for pitch pattern from kickoff to career mode

if u edit pitch pattern on single match it carries over to carreer, at least on fifa 20 it did, i aways changed that
  • Kylez97
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have to turn of HDR on the PS4 Pro to get the grass to look anything like FIFA 20, but the rest of the colours are oversaturated and the tv's gamma has to be increased because the screen is too black (FIFA 20's grass was perfect with HDR on). The grass still doesn't look anywhere near as good as FIFA 20 when set to grass colour setting 7. It's disgraceful that they destroyed the grass colour, which was perfect on FIFA 19 and 20.
  • DafuqJustHappen
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    The grass is always greener in that other game! :D
  • MrSkittles93
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    Quite simple. Next gen console coming out and they need to show improvement...
  • felivalle89
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    anyone has an offical answer from ea to this? this grass color thing is unnaceptable, dont know about you but if they cant get simple things like this right on release day then im prepared for another score of 1 on metacritic rating when game is released

FIX IT!!!!
  • Druski5150
    I have watched several videos on YouTube showings earlier FIFA gameplay and pitch color doesn’t not look washed out in the vids. Seems weird how bad it is in the game
    Played a night game with Man U at Old Trafford and even on highest setting the pitch was gray and the whole atmosphere was bleak.
    Maybe it’s just me but it really makes not want to play the game until this is fixed.
  • Fifa 21: nDw.jpg
    Fifa 20: 5jK.jpg

Fifa 20 obviously looks so much better! Please fix this EA!
  • Kylez97
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I mentioned in an earlier post that I turned off of HDR on the PS4. I alo played around with the colour settings on the television and have various grass textures looking almost identical to FIFA 20. It's still an inconvenience for me, though, because I have to keep switching my settings depending on the game. It's a disgrace that they f***ed it up in the first place.
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    Goldenoak wrote: »
    Fifa 21: nDw.jpg
    Fifa 20: 5jK.jpg

Fifa 20 obviously looks so much better! Please fix this EA!

Just what on earth has happened with the colours. FIFA 20 looked so much better. More vibrant for sure.

EA......?
  • BadJohnnyCash
    56 posts Park Captain
    I love how the training pitches pre game bar the one your actually on have a beautiful green grass, but you get to practice on farmer Giles cattle paddocks.
  • Pji
    2 posts Ball Boy
    No sé porque una cosa que estaba bien y que no se queja la gente cogen y le cambian el color, pero claro a peor. Claro está que seguramente lo cambien en ps5 para mostrarlo como una novedad y para que el juego se vea mejor en cuanto a gráficos. ¿¿Tanto cuesta mantener lo que está bien???
  • Futbol22
    1634 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2020
    EA have made the grass look terrible on current gen so that when we see next-gen it looks amazing

I can’t look at the pitches and stadiums on current gen anymore. The grass texture is non-existent. It all looks horrible

The lighting system alone should make next-gen look so much better

Floodlights should play a bigger role too

• TeamExtreme17
    4516 posts National Call-Up
    Futbol22 wrote: »
    EA have made the grass look terrible on current gen so that when we see next-gen it looks amazing

I can’t look at the pitches and stadiums on current gen anymore. The grass texture is non-existent. It all looks horrible

The lighting system alone should make next-gen look so much better

Floodlights should play a bigger role too

Crowds look like Lego pieces...
  • Guillotine_Mack
    2451 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you think this game is going to look and play totally different on ps4 and xbox series X then you're in for a shock.
  • MrSkittles93
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    Damn... What's wrong with You EA??? :#
  • flcinusa
    725 posts An Exciting Prospect
    C'mon, the transfer window only closed less than 72 hours ago, if it closed at the end of August and we hadn't received an update by now then there would be reason to complain...
  • Snus
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    flcinusa wrote: »
    C'mon, the transfer window only closed less than 72 hours ago, if it closed at the end of August and we hadn't received an update by now then there would be reason to complain...

Yeah I get that and agree but it's more the 0 replies from EA as to when it's coming, there is thousands of people asking.

• flcinusa
    725 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA rarely reply to anything, ever. It's no big conspiracy
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    Even the FIFA 21 advert makes the grass on the pitch look more green.

Whats going on with these washed out looking pitches. Also the ball shadow isn't really visible either. Cross the ball and you can't see it's shadow.

@EA_Roger
  • Game is ok, but...
    grass color is ugly, in summer/spring/winter...
    Color is grey and terrible

EA pleeeeease fix that. In fifa 20 is ok
  • felivalle89
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    hey everyone that keeps saying they will fix it for next gen consoles are so wrong, do you understand these gray awfull grass colors are also the same on PC!!?!?!, this is not a thing done on purpose from EA to look better on next gen console, they simply ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it up as per usual and now who know when they will give us back the fifa 20 colors