Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Welbeck
    5230 posts Big Money Move
    wth22 wrote: »
    City conceded 5 at home last week too, guess Pep should also get sacked

that is an interesting point about comparable situations! interested to see what the forumites think about this one!!
  • Keano
    20135 posts Club Captain
    Puskas wrote: »
    Watching this game and performance makes me question the Donny signing. Almost pointless 40 m spent when we could have bought a player we actually needed

We do need him, just not for this 90 given the 10 men & 5-1 down.
  • wth22
    11514 posts Has That Special Something
    Welbeck wrote: »

that is an interesting point about comparable situations! interested to see what the forumites think about this one!!

True, not comparable, Ole's only spent 150m on his defense
  • wth22
    Cyodine wrote: »

What? Pep is someone who can win you trophies and titles. Ole has to pinch himself every morning to convince himself he's actually at Man United.

I'm not disagreeing with that, just that there's a lot of knee jerking based on one result
  • arsenalap
    11199 posts Has That Special Something

What? Pep is someone who can win you trophies and titles. Ole has to pinch himself every morning to convince himself he's actually at Man United.

I'm not disagreeing with that, just that there's a lot of knee jerking based on one result

The fact that this has been a topic for over a year now should tell you it's not based off one result..
  • Teh Zombz
    5031 posts Big Money Move

should've been battered by brighton, palace beat us easily. "one result"
  • Stlducks
    7714 posts League Winner

I don’t think it’s based on one result. Everyone outside of United fans know Ole is just there because he’s a yes man for the board. United fans will defend him like all fans do for their manager but once he’s gone you will realize how much better off you are.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34618 posts National Team Captain
    Watching this game and performance makes me question the Donny signing. Almost pointless 40 m spent when we could have bought a player we actually needed

We needed proper depth at the 10 position, and he can play 6 if necessary. VDB was needed. Maybe not AS much a priority as a few other positions imo, but it was definitely a needed buy.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Have you not been watching us this season? and really largely last season as well. 100% we don't finish top 4 last season without Covid interrupting the season.
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner

Have you not been watching us this season? and really largely last season as well. 100% we don't finish top 4 last season without Covid interrupting the season.

i dont get this... last season people said covid was the worst thing to happen to United cause our form was so good 😆
  • Puskas
    993 posts Professional
    Keano wrote: »

We do need him, just not for this 90 given the 10 men & 5-1 down.

I disagree. No way did we need another mid this year. Next year? Maybe. CDM, CB, LB and ST are much more in need.

Donny doesnt start when Pogba and Bruno are fit and he isnt going to play CDM. Pointless spending 40m on a player who isnt going to start imo, especially when we are crying out for other positions to be strengthened.
  • wth22
    We've been shocking this season but not as disjointed as today, it's still just a 3 game sample size after no pre season though.
  • Pughy30
    29775 posts Player of the Year
    Regardless if he deserves to obviously Ole won't get sacked because nepotism, I think this defeat will just mean more pressure goes on Woodward
  • Puskas
    993 posts Professional

We needed proper depth at the 10 position, and he can play 6 if necessary. VDB was needed. Maybe not AS much a priority as a few other positions imo, but it was definitely a needed buy.

Pogba can play 10 if needed. Prefer him further forward tbh. At least if he is having a mare, there will be cover in CM for when he loses the ball

Priority was definitely in other areas of the team. If we didnt spend 40m on Donny and gave Dortmund what they wanted, then bought a CB, we would be in a better position imo
  • Pietu
    10444 posts Has That Special Something
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Ngl, I am enjoying this.

The amount of times certain United fans on here have spoken about United being in a completely different league to Arsenal recently..

Glad there's a reality check happening.

Agreed
  • Ashy
    17474 posts World Class
    edited October 2020
    Worst scoreline at OT since 2011 when City beat you lot 6-1 when Fergie was in charge and tbf 3 of those City goals were in added time
  • Cyodine
    4061 posts National Call-Up
    Woodward texting that he needs an army.
  • wth22

Yep, not really a good point to make given we look clueless anyway but we looked pedestrian without Bruno or Pogba last season, and our bench options for the 10 spot were Lingard, Mata and Andresas. Definitely a needed buy.
  • MorroWtje
    5499 posts Big Money Move
    That was a red lol
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    We've been shocking this season but not as disjointed as today, it's still just a 3 game sample size after no pre season though.

But neither have the teams that are running through us... and the only player we've brought in hasn't been starting. It's the same group has last year minus a few players that didn't play anyways. There's little to no excuse for our guys to not have a understanding of the "system" by now if there is one having all been playing under OGS for a full complete season now. That's what begs the question about the tactics/system of OGS... either that or we're just the most unlucky team and we have no one on any sort of form except maybe VDB because that's what it's looked like in these first few games.
  • Tornado31619
    30229 posts National Team Captain
    No one’s going to succeed here if they aren’t backed.
  • Andy
    7880 posts League Winner
    Back the manager, he is onto something here.
  • Pughy30
    29775 posts Player of the Year

Since Ole has been there the clubs spent like 250mil :D
  • MorroWtje
    5499 posts Big Money Move
    Positives, the front 4 looked active and exciting until the red. Negatives, Pogba - everything he did this game was sluggish, poor and clumsy. Back 4 look disjointed and a complete mess
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Pogba can play 10 if needed. Prefer him further forward tbh. At least if he is having a mare, there will be cover in CM for when he loses the ball

Priority was definitely in other areas of the team. If we didnt spend 40m on Donny and gave Dortmund what they wanted, then bought a CB, we would be in a better position imo

well I'm sure the goal was to try and have Pogba and Bruno on the pitch at the same time, not rotating with eachother. And prior to signing Bruno we were rolling with Mata, Lingard, and Andreas at 10. It's clear we needed depth there and for Pogba. Can argue Fred as cover for Pogba but in reality we never seem to know which Fred we'll get when he's on the pitch. VDB was a great buy imo.

I don't think the 40m on VDB had really anything to do... we had plenty of time to offer 120m for Sancho and didn't.
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    Not spending £120 million during a global recession doesn’t mean Ole isn’t backed
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    if poch comes in, as soon as he gets CL it will be the same 😆 literally same thing has happened with 3 managers! it doesnt matter who our manager is

if people think this is a Ole problem
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    Pughy30 wrote: »

Since Ole has been there the clubs spent like 250mil :D

yes and we are trying to make up 20 point gap.. its gonna take another 500m