The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    Two Grimsby games called off due to Corona...
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    We're either playing Bryan on the Wing or playing a 5. Not sure about either to be honest. The state of our defence though.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited September 2020
    Genuinely feel bad for the teams who will be relegated from the prem this season if they don’t get to watch any games at home in the stadium especially if it’s any of the newly promoted teams. Having to watch on a tv screen just doesn’t compare to being inside the stadium on match day in the biggest league in the country. 2020 has just been a bad year all round.

Us and West Brom fans can survive given we've seen Prem Football quite a lot in our recent history. If Leeds went down with no fans being able to go then it'd be something (and quite funny) but they most likely won't.

Although there is something to be said for the fact that the last game I went to the Riverside Stand hadn't even started getting properly being built up and the next time I go there's a very decent chance it's fully done.
    Post edited by wheelerdeeler on
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wow how bad is this Fulham defence
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    We're either playing Bryan on the Wing or playing a 5. Not sure about either to be honest. The state of our defence though.

Nobody saw that one coming. It's a joke.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    I'm done with this season already. Can't believe we've left signing a Centre-Back(s) this late.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm done with this season already. Can't believe we've left signing a Centre-Back(s) this late.

We signed this decent lad Mawson....
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    BristolMDF wrote: »

Mawson couldn't get into this defence... That's how bad he was for us.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero

That’s genuinely mental, this lot look utterly horrendous.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner

That’s genuinely mental, this lot look utterly horrendous.

Hector's competent, but Ream and Odoi are jokes. And rather than play one or the other we decided to play both of them because putting in an extra defender who isn't good enough is somehow the solution.
  • Farlz
    9630 posts League Winner
    I'd say we've been comfortable without being really that good. We look like we could score with every counter but our passing has been a right mess
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    You don't need to be good to beat us, you just to not be absolutely terrible because we'll literally give any Prem team we play against at least 3 goals a game with this current defence.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    We've got West Brom in about a month, feel like that game will either be 5-5 or 0-0.
  • Hicksy2011
    18939 posts World Class
    “The manager here doesn’t have just a Plan A and that’s it. When he comes up against different opponents and different ways of playing, he’s capable of changing the formation."

That is Gareth Evans, former vice captain slagging off Jacket indirectly
    I actually cant remember the last player that left that didnt rip in to Jackettt on the way out
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    I just can't believe we're playing AK47 as a Wing-Back in the Premier League.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    I'm bored of this season already.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Goal VAR'd off to top things off. Take me back to the Championship, I don't like it up here.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2020
    I just can't believe we're playing AK47 as a Wing-Back in the Premier League.

#FULBACK
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Well atleast we won’t finish bottom.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited September 2020
    We are prime relegation fodder. And the thing is, anyone who's of a certain standard to actually improve us won't come to us unless we pay them ridiculous wages now because we are prime relegation fodder.
  • Farlz
    9630 posts League Winner
    Sloppy at times but that's a good win. Probably should've scored more considering quite how bad that Fulham defence is.

2 wins and 2 clean sheets makes a nice change
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Fair to say I'm keeping Jimenez as Captain for Fantasy this coming weekend.

I had Emi Martinez in my Fantasy team before last weekend but picked T-Rex Arms Pickford instead- and that's gone well.
  • Fair to say I'm keeping Jimenez as Captain for Fantasy this coming weekend.

I had Emi Martinez in my Fantasy team before last weekend but picked T-Rex Arms Pickford instead- and that's gone well.

I wildcarded Martinez in, about the only good player I've had this week along with DCL
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Also Tony Khan effectively saying he's happy for us to be a Yo-Yo club is sure to endear himself to the set of fans who are deadset against him (I'm not, although this window is pushing me there).
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    I mean AEW is no WWE.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Thing is he clearly enjoys his Wrestling more than being a DoF and he's not even been in the UK since the start of the pandemic from what I can tell- so I don't know why he doesn't just let someone else more qualified to do the job do it. Apart from ego. If he was anyone other than Shahid Khan's son he'd have been gone after the last relegation.

Villa sacked their DoF for a similarly bad window and they actually stayed up.
  • Hicksy2011
    18939 posts World Class
    edited September 2020
    Yeh imma go ahead and delete this
    Post edited by Hicksy2011 on
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Fully expecting Tony Khan to tweet Carragher about this. He's so easy to bait because he has such a thin skin and puts himself out there so much.
  • iHilarious
    13597 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Yeh imma go ahead and delete this

I enjoyed it very much