FIFA21 is (perhaps) available for pre-download

IamFrench
2069 posts Fans' Favourite
Hello,

Microsoft has released a new version of its app on phone that allows you to pre-download all games even before you buy.

Link Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.xboxone.smartglass.beta

If you're at Apple, it seems that the maximum number of users has been reached.

Official source: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/21/new-xbox-app-beta-on-mobile/

Comments

• ha032742
    42713 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    @IamFrench think a few have posted about it already a couple of days ago but never hurts to raise awareness.
  • Gabbalala
    8162 posts League Winner
    edited September 2020
    Even though the title doesn't say it...I still read it as "Fifa 21 available to play now".

tExQ9o4.gif
  • Dan is Clutch
    33468 posts National Team Captain
    I’ve had it downloaded for about 3 weeks I think. :joy:
  • BeefyRabouter
    5732 posts Big Money Move
    Wish we had the option on Iphone :( Or PC for that matter. Hell, why not make it available on console
  • CornishLad
    24777 posts Player of the Year
    I’ve had it downloaded for about 3 weeks I think. :joy:

Yeah same! Didn’t expect it to only be 39gb though
  • IamFrench
    2069 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pre-download is available with Ultimate/Champions edition, but if you're planning to buy the standard edition it's not yet available!
    ha032742 wrote: »
    @IamFrench think a few have posted about it already a couple of days ago but never hurts to raise awareness.

Sorry, I haven't seen.
    Wish we had the option on Iphone :( Or PC for that matter. Hell, why not make it available on console

I guess it's an option that will probably be available everywhere in the next few months

Last thing, if you buy FIFA21 you get 6,000 points "rewards". (Free 5€ = 5000 points for example)
  • Moiizer
    13894 posts Has That Special Something
    The iOS app should available to all in the next week or so. Just in beta testing atm from what ive read.
  • BeefyRabouter
    Moiizer wrote: »
    The iOS app should available to all in the next week or so. Just in beta testing atm from what ive read.

Too little too late for this one I'm afraid :(
  • Edu
    7491 posts League Winner
    I will buy as soon as it is available to download.
  • vibemix881
    3671 posts National Call-Up
    Doesn't seem to work for me, pressing that Install on Xbox One button and nothing happens.
  • vibemix881 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to work for me, pressing that Install on Xbox One button and nothing happens.

Do you have your account registered on multiple consoles? For me it didn't work, because I selected the first console that came up, but would have needed to scroll to the right and select the next one in line.

Also I think both devices have to be in the same network and I don't know if remote features need to be enabled on the console.
  • BeefyRabouter
    Installed bluestacks with the beta app and now pre loading
  • Fadazzo
    567 posts An Exciting Prospect
    vibemix881 wrote: »

@vibemix881 It didn't work for me instantly, but check the "updates" tab on your console after pressing install on the app. I had FIFA21 waiting to be updated there (38.4GB).
  • CornishLad
    24777 posts Player of the Year
    Fadazzo wrote: »

@vibemix881 It didn't work for me instantly, but check the "updates" tab on your console after pressing install on the app. I had FIFA21 waiting to be updated there (38.4GB).

This is what I had to do as well. I think if you pre ordered it before the pre download was available you’ll have to do this also
  • vibemix881
    3671 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »

Do you have your account registered on multiple consoles? For me it didn't work, because I selected the first console that came up, but would have needed to scroll to the right and select the next one in line.

Also I think both devices have to be in the same network and I don't know if remote features need to be enabled on the console.

I was using the old Xbox app, downloaded Xbox beta and all good now.
  • ordered ultimate edition on 6th august, still pending on pre order on account:)