The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Best formation

Mr Hyde
293 posts Sunday League Hero
What is the best formation to use ATM I'm using 433(4) and my cms just seem so far back all the time passes are not stringing together players are slow at turning I keep getting caught on counter attacks. I just played a guy with 55 Chem I have 100 I only just beat him 4-3 2 long shots and a pen he scored yet his passes where stringing together like a 55 Chem and mine where all second best any tips for better formations to stop this nonsense.

Comments

• Jason1986
    7092 posts Big Money Move
    If your CM's were too "far back" all the time, how did you manage to get counter attacked so easily?

Anyway, player instructions, players work rates and your own way of playing is far more important than the formation in my opinion.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9974 posts Has That Special Something
    It all depends on you - a good formation for me could be an awful formation for you. However, my favourite formations are 4-3-3(5) and 4-3-2-1 (without any instructions).
  • Mr Hyde
    Fair enough and well during build up play they would be to far back so I'm lacking support but then on defence they to high up it just confuses me I don't know maybe where I'm
    Now division 3 there is just better players but it's bloody hard and all before I was like on 6 game streak now I've lost 2 won 1 and drawn 1 but it's agg to string passes all of a sudden and players are all sluggish it's properly just me just thought I'd there was any advice for a formation that suits most thank you for replies.
  • Asad97
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite
    i used 443 (4) in fifa 15 and it was great, but that is because i had a strong attack such as ronaldo bale suarez, rodriguez busquets modric etc, so it was okay, now in fifa 16 my team is not as good and i struggle to defend, so i changed formation to 433(2) so i have a CDM to defend too and 2 CM to help the attack and defence, when i get better players il switch back to 433 (4)
  • zuze
    45 posts Park Captain
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    It all depends on you - a good formation for me could be an awful formation for you. However, my favourite formations are 4-3-3(5) and 4-3-2-1 (without any instructions).

same here my fav is 433 4 and 4321
  • IxToMxI
    6511 posts Big Money Move
    Use Heskey any form, you'll win every game ;)
  • Mr Hyde
    I do already mate but thanks for advise.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    my favourite formations are 41212 (2) and 4231(1)